Anything Goes Self explanatory forum name... (No NWS)

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old 06-12-2005, 01:04 PM Thread Starter

your opinions.......

http://www.kcbd.com/global/story.asp...Type=Printable

Basically, the "developers", two young college students, have hit upon what they consider to be a "great idea that is long overdue".
They are developing a community that will be "sex offender free"

When asked in a television interview, "How to you check potential home buyrs? Background check? Fingerprinting? Interview?" they responded "The state of Texas requires all sex offenders to register on a list that is public information, and we check them against that list".

Ummmm, so is that enough to list a development "sex offender" free?

Personaly, i think it's nothing more than a marketing pile of shit.
1. I doubt it's legal. Why do people who have served time for a crime that's in a certain catagory get treated differently than other criminals? Although I don't see the ACLU running to protect anybody here....

2. I wonder what happens if, God forbid, somebody does get kidnapped, raped or killed in the neighborhood by a "sex offender". Are the developers liable? After all, they are the ones who are doing the marketing.

3. What's the difference between a sex offender and a murderer, or rapist, or other violent criminal? Why can they be segregated?

4. Can i set up a "Gay & Lesbian free" development? How about one that prohibits Blacks or other minorities? How about one that prohibits Jews, or Muslims? How about Low income people? What if i can "prove" a correlation between a group and violent crimes? Can I start excluding them?

While I am in NO way condoning the activities of "sex offenders", I am also thinking that, as human beings, we have to understand that if we are going to "rehabilitate" violent criminals, and then release them back into society, we cannot expect them to live as second class citizens at the same time. If they are "rehabilited" enough to release into society, then shouldn't they be at least allowed to TRY to fit in?

Why is this ok? Is it because it's the latest "hot topic" in the media because of a single recent event? Or is it really a problem?

An interesting conundrum.........
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old 06-12-2005, 11:37 PM
FAsT BOYS

there is no rehabilitation for child molesters and rapos. i used to work in a prison and the whiniest pieces of shit there are sex offenders. most of them place the blame for what they do on the victims. think about it if someone is attracted to kids or has to use violence to get laid thier preference is not going to change any more than your preference for adult females(i hope). if you are into adult females you are not going to go gay or get into kids etc.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sport Bike Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode