Anything Goes Self explanatory forum name... (No NWS)

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 26 (permalink) Old 06-18-2005, 10:46 PM
Kristin

Need your prayers...

Long story short, I met up with some new people and we all went for a ride. About 20 people to start off with and I think some split off. I thought we were just going to ride uptown near the clubs and such just to be riding. Well we ended up going down the twistiest road in Charlotte. I am pretty slow so I was at the very back taking my time. Nervous as hell because I don't like riding hard at night when I can't see to begin with. Everyone left me and I didn't care, I was going my own pace. My buddy had crashed on this road before so I'm taking it REAL slow. I come up on the corner my old buddy crashed in and what do ya know...I see everyone scattered. They flagged me over and told me where to park my bike so it didn't get hit. The guy that went down was riding above his limits and lost it in the turn. His bike flipped several times end over end. He went flying and hit a sign...his body wrapped around the pole. He wasn't moving...he wasn't responding. Nothing. He crashed so hard that his shoes flew off.

I can not begin to tell you how awful tonight was. Some may think I'm being a bit dramatic but I cannot even begin to tell you how deep it hits when you hear a grown man scream/cry. That's something that I will never forget as long as I live. I saw the bones popping out of his body...I saw the blood on the pole....but the sound that he made when they tried to move him is what made me second guess even getting back on my bike and riding home.

Everyone please be safe and keep this man in your thoughts/prayers. He is going to need them.

Oh, almost forgot to mention this part because its just so ridiculious.

The guy went down in front of a church. We parked our bikes and hopped off to go to his aid. Well about 1 minute passes since we get off our bikes and we hear this music coming out of nowhere. It keeps getting louder and louder. Then we see headlights....then brakes locking up. A DRUNK MAN in a Jeep totally blew the curve, went straight through the church yard and about took me and 2 others out. We literally had to leap out of the way from this out of control vehicle. The man NEVER stopped. He even yelled out "I'VE SEEN WORSE" then sped off. Everyone was cussing at him and telling him to stop but he never did.

Can you believe that?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 26 (permalink) Old 06-18-2005, 10:53 PM
Mummy Man

Send a message via MSN to gsxcorey
I'm really sorry to hear that. Just don't get on your bike until you're 100% comfortable with. I posted in a thread about me getting disoriented at night and feet came off the pegs, had to lean the hell out of the bike w/ pegs dragging my inside foot. After that I 100% agree w/ you on riding at your own pace and I now do that and don't try nearly as much dumb stuff as I use to. I've slowed down a lot and I don't care what people say or anything...things happen at times.

Be careful and if you need anything let us know. He'll be in my prayers....Take care of yourself also though, that's a tough thing to see/go through

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 26 (permalink) Old 06-18-2005, 10:53 PM
don't read this

Send a message via AIM to rinn Send a message via Yahoo to rinn
Sorry to hear about your friend Kristin, hope everything works out and he pulls through.. Good luck..

Drunk drives blow this curve by my parents house in Indiana and almost land in there garage, everytime.. It would have been nice if someone got his liscense plate.. fuckin' peice of shit drunkies..

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

"I don't like your jerk off name, I don't like your jerk off face, I don't like your jerk off behavior, and I don't like you...... jerk off!"
post #4 of 26 (permalink) Old 06-19-2005, 01:48 AM

You have them from me Kristin.
post #5 of 26 (permalink) Old 06-19-2005, 02:41 AM

Damn... sorry to hear that Kristin... best wishes for your friend and hope everything will be ok...
post #6 of 26 (permalink) Old 06-19-2005, 08:05 AM

Sorry to hear about this Kristin. I said a prayer for him last night and best wishes for a speedy recovery.
post #7 of 26 (permalink) Old 06-19-2005, 08:40 AM
No Crying Allowed

Prayers are on there way, WOW.......... Sorry you had to see that but if more people see the reality, it will help them not be the next victim. It was great how you didn't care if they left you, and that you stayed at your own pace. That's shows your riding maturity. Great job at self control Kristin.....

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

|
|
|
|
post #8 of 26 (permalink) Old 06-19-2005, 08:41 AM

There is a very good lesson in these words.......

The person who wrecked was riding over his head, and may unfortunately pay for this for the rest of his life.

The person who recognized that she wasn't comfortable, rode at her own pace, willing to let others leave her behind, and was able to ride home that night.

Take it to heart people. It's not about beating the other rider or proving your abilities.....
It's all about riding merely to enjoy what you are doing.

Unfortunately I've run into this several times, and most of us who ride in groups will at some point if we haven't already.

Prayers to the fallen rider for a complete and speedy recovery.
And congratulations to a certain person for recognizing thier skill and comfort levels, and riding within them.

[/sermon]
post #9 of 26 (permalink) Old 06-19-2005, 08:42 AM
Mummy Man

Send a message via MSN to gsxcorey
agreed budha

post #10 of 26 (permalink) Old 06-19-2005, 09:48 AM

Prayers sent.
I'm really, really sorry to hear about this.
I hope he makes it an can get a full recovery.
I hate those kind of gatherings with a lot of bikers, because unless they are all good riders and (most important) have their head in the right place, it's highly probable that something like that will happend.

You're done it right by not pushing beyond your limits.
Hey, and since this terrible thing happend try to take a lesson out of it and ALWAYS remember that riding on the streets is a dangerous business, so always take care.
post #11 of 26 (permalink) Old 06-19-2005, 03:20 PM

Sorry to hear kristin prayers goes out to your friend. best of luck to a speedy recovery. Hope everything comes out right. Need anything you know we are all here.
post #12 of 26 (permalink) Old 06-19-2005, 05:18 PM
FAsT BOYS

hopefully everythings works out for the good
post #13 of 26 (permalink) Old 06-19-2005, 05:36 PM
Wheatman

Hate to hear about your Friend..
post #14 of 26 (permalink) Old 06-20-2005, 05:27 PM
Ass Cramp

Send a message via Yahoo to R6Flyby
Sorry to hear about this Kristen...Nothing to prove at night guys/gals. BE SAFE out there. Prayers are with him
post #15 of 26 (permalink) Old 06-20-2005, 06:31 PM
Ta Moko

Sorry to hear that.

Postive thoughts sent

riding at night is not worth the extra risk involved

post #16 of 26 (permalink) Old 06-22-2005, 07:06 AM

Wish that guy luck for any kind of decent recovery. Sorry to hear that you had to witness both of those events.
post #17 of 26 (permalink) Old 06-22-2005, 07:17 AM

Kristin, any updates?

I hope you're ok.
post #18 of 26 (permalink) Old 06-24-2005, 06:35 AM
Kristin

THe guy made it!! He's got two broke leg which I knew was gonna be the cause since both of his femers were popping out that night. He has some broke ribs and such also. He's gonna have a long recovery period.

Thanks for the prayers and such. It really helped!!

Kristin
post #19 of 26 (permalink) Old 06-24-2005, 07:11 AM

Good news!
post #20 of 26 (permalink) Old 06-24-2005, 07:17 AM

Great news Kristin.
Broken ribs and femers are reparable, he'll be fine.
I broke my femer end wrist last November and i've been ridding since March and i even went to the track last weekend, so it's all good

And you, you're still a bit shaken with all that, right?

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sport Bike Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode