Racing MotoGP, WSBK, BSB, AMA, F1, WRC, DTM, NASCAR, etc...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 08-15-2005, 06:44 AM Thread Starter

WSBK: vd Goorbergh to race Rizla Suzuki at Assen.

MONDAY 15TH AUGUST 2005

Jurgen van den Goorbergh has revealed that he will ride a Rizla Suzuki in front of his home fans at the Dutch round of the Corona Extra World Superbike championship, at Assen, on September 4.

vd Goorbergh began the year racing a Ducati in World Supersport, but left in late April citing uncompetitive machinery. He then promptly jumped back into the headlines by replacing injured Konica Minolta Honda MotoGP star Makoto Tamada for the Chinese and French GPs.

The former 500GP pole sitter claimed an impressive sixth in the wet Shanghai race and will be looking to at least equal that form on the Crescent prepared GSX-R1000 in WSBK.

"The Suzuki which Jurgen will ride is a real factory machine, that currently runs at the front of the British Superbike championship and will have the same motor as the machine of current World Superbike championship leader Troy Corser," said Suzuki Netherlands manager Henk Salomons who - together with TT Circuit Assen, Rizla and other sponsors - has helped put the deal together.

Meanwhile, Jurgen is hoping to test the machine - which usually runs on Dunlop tyres in BSB - before the event, which he hopes to use as a springboard for a full 2006 WSBK ride.

"It has always been my aim to ride in the World Superbike championship," declared vd Goorbergh. "When I first moved to World Supersport (in 2003) I had a two-year plan to reach WSBK - that plan didn't work out at the start of this year, but now it certainly has! The Suzuki has already proved itself with nine victories in WSBK so far this season and I'm really excited about this opportunity."

VD Goorbergh, French MotoGP 2005
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 08-15-2005, 02:41 PM

let's hope he kicks some @ss (and without rain) ... the suuz should be up to it
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 08-15-2005, 03:30 PM

I hope he will do a good job. Personally I think that a top 10 position is possible. in the best case, maybe a top 5 position because he knows the circuit very good.

I wil see it 4 September .

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sport Bike Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode