Racing MotoGP, WSBK, BSB, AMA, F1, WRC, DTM, NASCAR, etc...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old 08-16-2005, 07:30 AM Thread Starter

MotoGP: No Blata V6 at Brno.

This was already mentioned during the German GP... now they finally post it up... we most likely won't see a V6 at all in 2005...

TUESDAY 16TH AUGUST 2005

Crash.net has learnt that the Blata V6 MotoGP machine, which was due to make its belated debut with WCM at the minibike manufacturer's home Czech Republic Grand Prix on August 28, will not make the event.

WCM have been competing with their own four-cylinder motorcycle since losing Red Bull and Yamaha backing at the end of 2002 but, like Team Roberts, sought manufacturer support to help advance back up the grid.

The 500GP winning team looked to have acquired such backing when they signed an agreement with Blata "to develop a V6 MotoGP machine with which to contest the 2005 World Championship" late in 2004, but delays meant the machine's arrival was put back to the upcoming Czech race - round eleven of this year's championship.

However, much to the disappointment of WCM and its riders James Ellison and Franco Battaini, this date will now also be missed and it is not known when the machine will be seen.

WCM has punched above its weight to score five-points so far this season with their Dunlop shod machine, placing the Peter Clifford run outfit above Team Roberts - whose own engine supplier, KTM, recently announced that it would halt its MotoGP project.

The Austrian company cited funding and the need to build a totally new engine for the 2007 season, when MotoGP powerplant capacity will be reduced from 990 to 800cc, as the main reasons for its withdraw.

It is not known if Blata have similar concerns, but a statement from the company regarding the V6 situation could be made later this week.

WCM Blata picture in WCM garage, Czech MotoGP 2004
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old 08-16-2005, 07:41 AM
7c Forever

Re: MotoGP: No Blata V6 at Brno.

Quote:
Originally Posted by valerossi
This was already mentioned during the German GP... now they finally post it up... we most likely won't see a V6 at all ever
fixed
post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old 08-16-2005, 07:56 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Junior
Quote:
Originally Posted by valerossi
This was already mentioned during the German GP... now they finally post it up... we most likely won't see a V6 at all ever
fixed
lol you're probably right... :
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 08-16-2005, 09:48 AM

:imwst
post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old 08-16-2005, 11:01 AM

not a chance of that Engine appearing pie in the sky dreams from the start
V6 yer a great idea , but lets face it would you spend god knows how muchmoney to build and develop that Engine now that there is only just over 1-5 seasons to get it up to speed

me niether
post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old 08-16-2005, 08:31 PM
7c Forever

ya it was a pipe dream, I just hope they're re-funneled funds into an 800 and are just trying to lead us on with the talk of the 990

HAIL TO THE KING!!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old 08-16-2005, 11:32 PM
7c Forever

I didn't realize they where running a trellis frame, that swingarm is pretty big to, should help stability some.

it's to bad it'll probably never be run 'cause it's a sexy bike.

HAIL TO THE KING!!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old 08-17-2005, 12:09 AM
Ask the Chief

.....developing the 2007 800cc motor also means one more full season of losing for wcm with an uncompetitive chassis/motor. gee, there's something to look forward to.

a 5 million dollar season got them 5 points. one million dollars a point. ouch.

post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old 08-17-2005, 04:59 AM
7c Forever

ya a million bucks a point hurts, but even if that motor where rocking and rolling at brno, what are the odds they'd be competative this season or next?

it's clean slate time, if I where them I'd be concentrating on that.

that said I guess it's easy to be an armchair team manager.

HAIL TO THE KING!!

post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old 08-17-2005, 10:10 AM

This brings up a question or 2. Since the teams are aware of the rules changes are they allowed to test an 800cc bike during the off season (during the practice ban?) And if not I wonder how far the developement is at this time? If im not mistakin The rules specify what types of bikes they are allowed to test and who is allowed to test them. hmm
post #11 of 11 (permalink) Old 08-17-2005, 10:20 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by drinktoo
This brings up a question or 2. Since the teams are aware of the rules changes are they allowed to test an 800cc bike during the off season (during the practice ban?) And if not I wonder how far the developement is at this time? If im not mistakin The rules specify what types of bikes they are allowed to test and who is allowed to test them. hmm
I don't think they can test them now... there will be a few official IRTA tests before tha 2007 season starts... that's where all the official tests begin... they can also do some private tests before... but right now it's still too early... I don't think we will hear about any private tests before the 3rd quarter of 2006 season...

:corn

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sport Bike Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode