Racing MotoGP, WSBK, BSB, AMA, F1, WRC, DTM, NASCAR, etc...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 08-28-2005, 07:39 AM Thread Starter

MotoGP: Race result - Brno GP!!!

SUNDAY 28TH AUGUST 2005

Valentino Rossi has won his ninth race from eleven 2005 starts after taking victory in the Czech Republic Grand Prix after a race long battle with Sete Gibernau – which came to a premature end with just a few corners to go when Gibernau's Movistar Honda ground to a halt.

After several lead changes - and with the pair having been inseparable from the very first turn - Rossi had passed Gibernau into the last corner with one lap to go, and looked like he'd done enough to win as he edged a few vital tenths away from the Catalan through the next few turns.

But the #15 was still in touch as the pair tipped into the long right hander at the bottom of the hill, at which point Gibernau's RCV bobbled and shortly after the double MotoGP runner-up sat up and was forced to pull off from a certain second place with just two 'esses' to go – his machine powerless.

That gifted Ducati's Loris Capirossi the runner-up position, while Repsol Honda's Max Biaggi completed an amazing fightback from outside of the top ten with third.

Full report and results to follow...

Czech Republic Grand Prix:

1. Rossi
2. Capirossi
3. Biaggi
4. Barros
5. Hayden
6. Melandri
7. Edwards
8. Checa
9. Bayliss
10. Tamada
11. Roberts
12. Nakano
13. Hopkins
14. Elias
15. Hofmann
16. Aoki
17. Rolfo
18. Xaus
19. Ellison
20. Battaini

Rossi waves, Czech MotoGP, 2005
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 08-28-2005, 09:12 AM
No Crying Allowed

: : : :

Gibernau = :laugh :laugh :laugh :injured

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
|
|
|
|
post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 08-28-2005, 11:57 AM
Team America Support Crew

Send a message via Yahoo to Warp Racer
damn, flippin' shame for Gibernau.....NOT..!!!!! :laugh :laugh :laugh :pwnd

ONCE YOU'VE HAD ASIAN, YOU WILL NEVER TOUCH CAUCASIAN

OLD AGE AND TREACHERY WILL ALWAYS OVERCOME YOUTH AND ENTHUSIASM
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 08-28-2005, 12:59 PM

lol SETE must hate life.
post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 08-28-2005, 01:25 PM

ROFL , Sete is still Rossi's Bitch !!! HAHAHAHHAHAAHAHA Ownd !!!

and Damn good to see Capirossi
up there today =) w00t
post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 08-28-2005, 04:47 PM
Ta Moko

just watched it

LAMO Sete you loser. Honda suck gas

post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 08-29-2005, 04:13 AM

The race / ROSSI EDGES TOWARDS TITLE WITH BRILLIANT BRNO VICTORY
Gauloises Yamaha Team rider Valentino Rossi became the first rider in the history of the MotoGP World Championship to score nine wins for five consecutive seasons, as he clinched victory in the eleventh round of the 2005 campaign at Brno today. Rossi’s record-breaking ride featured an intense battle with Sete Gibernau (Honda) that again came down to a dramatic finale, with Rossi making his definitive pass at the end of the penultimate lap. Gibernau tried to fight back but as Rossi edged clear through the final series of sweeping corners, the Spaniard’s slim hope of a victorious response disappeared completely as he suffered a technical problem and was forced to retire.

Whilst Loris Capirossi (Ducati) and Max Biaggi (Honda) made the most of Gibernau’s misfortune to complete the podium, Rossi’s Gauloises Yamaha team-mate Colin Edwards was promoted one place to seventh after a tough race that again saw the American struggle to find sufficient rear grip for his Yamaha YZR-M1 machine. Despite his disappointment, Edwards remains in the thick of the battle for second place in the championship, trailing Biaggi by six points with six rounds still remaining. Rossi, meanwhile, can seal the championship title in the next round at Motegi by finishing in the top two.

VALENTINO ROSSI (1st; 43’56.539)

“That was one of the hardest races of the season. After the warm-up I saw Sete’s time and I wasn’t sure that I could beat him in the race. I had confidence in the bike but I knew I was a bit slower than him. I spoke with Jeremy Burgess to ask for some modifications to be made to the bike in order to make a better compromise for the whole race and, like always, he and the rest of the team worked at 100% to improve the situation. There were a lot of fast riders out there but Gibernau was my hardest opponent so I tried to push him and put the pressure on from the start. It was a great fight with a lot of overtaking. In the middle of the race I decided to try to go and make a gap, but Sete came back. At the end I did three or four good laps, made the pass on Sete and then did a perfect final lap. Unfortunately Sete had a problem, which was bad luck for him because he deserved to be on the podium. Anyway this is a good win for me and now I just need one more for the title, but it is not over yet.”

COLIN EDWARDS (7th; + 13.532)

“I started alright but after five laps we were in trouble. We changed the setting of the bike a little after the warm-up but the track was much warmer than we expected for the race and we loaded up the front a bit too much. It was a repeat of the race at Mugello – the bike was spinning and I couldn’t get any edge grip on the rear. I pushed on the pegs, stood up, leaned back…everything I could think of to make it stick! The positive side is that we still got some points and we’ve got a two-day test coming up where we can work on some of these problems and hopefully find the solution we need. We haven’t tested since Le Mans so it will be nice to have a chance to rack up plenty of hours on the track without the pressure of a Grand Prix, as we get ready for a tough finish to the season.”

DAVIDE BRIVIO – GAULOISES YAMAHA TEAM DIRECTOR

“I have to congratulate and thank the whole team, particularly Valentino’s engineers because they followed his requests to modify the bike precisely and gave him the package he needed to take victory today. He made the bike work and put on a great show for the fans with Sete Gibernau, who deserved to be on the podium. Valentino has a good advantage in the championship now and we will go to Motegi looking for the same result. Unfortunately Colin couldn’t do any better than seventh place today but the fight for second place is still very close and he is still in contention having collected nine points today. We will look for some solutions with him during the test and look forward to going to Japan in three weeks’ time.”
post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 08-29-2005, 12:44 PM

hey vale, can you make me an animated avatar of rossi shooting his bow and arrow the 2nd time the motogp broad cast shows it? it's on his way into the winners circle.
post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 08-29-2005, 01:07 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiredout46
hey vale, can you make me an animated avatar of rossi shooting his bow and arrow the 2nd time the motogp broad cast shows it? it's on his way into the winners circle.
Isn't the one I'm using? Anyway, I will check it out... :corn

pugwash, nice pics man...
post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old 08-29-2005, 01:18 PM
Ask the Chief

last night, i read an interview with king kenny in the last road racer X; he says something SO true....

vale is unbeatable because he doesn't worry about losing. he knows winning, and that's what he does. all the other guys in the paddock HATE to lose, and it shakes their confidence everytime they do. no one has the confidence to beat rossi.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sport Bike Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode