Racing MotoGP, WSBK, BSB, AMA, F1, WRC, DTM, NASCAR, etc...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 08-28-2005, 01:10 PM Thread Starter

MotoGP: Gibernau's report after the race... Brno GP.

'Fuel control problem' stopped Sete.

SUNDAY 28TH AUGUST 2005

Following Sete Gibernau's agonising retirement just two corners away from a safe second place in Sunday's Czech Republic Grand Prix, the Catalan's Movistar Honda team have revealed that it was 'a problem with the electronic fuel control system' that caused his RCV to grind to a halt.

Gibernau and eventual race winner Valentino Rossi shared the lead of Sunday's 22 lap thriller roughly equally - and were never more than 0.5secs apart - but they would enter the final series of corners with Rossi a vital few tenths ahead.

It looked enough to secure Rossi victory, but the Italian's triumph was far from guaranteed... until Sete's bike bobbled at the bottom of the hill and then stopped completely just two corners from the flag with 'fuel starvation'.

Afterwards, Gibernau - who has dropped from third to fifth in the world championship standings - revealed that the first symptoms of the fuel management problem had emerged as early as the opening laps.

"Another negative day after a weekend in which we have done a great job during qualifying," said a downbeat Gibernau on Sunday evening. "This morning we had a good rhythm in the warm up with some low 1min 58secs, a pace I knew would allow me to fight for the win.

"In the race I wasn't able to set the same pace and that was the main problem," revealed Sete, whose best race lap was a 1min 58.8secs. "And, in the first three laps, I first noticed the fuel problem that eventually prevented me from finishing the race, which topped it off.

"I'm really disappointed because once again I gave it everything I had and it's a shame to end the race in this way," concluded Gibernau.

"Unfortunately Sete had a problem, which was bad luck for him because he deserved to be on the podium," offered race winner Rossi.

Gibernau will remain at Brno for two days of tests, where he is expected to ride a 'new' RCV, before heading off for the five 'flyaway' races outside Europe.

Gibernau, Czech MotoGP Race, 2005
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 08-28-2005, 01:24 PM

There is no such thing as an excuse in a race.

post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 08-28-2005, 05:07 PM
Ta Moko

Yeah right I think Honda team just don't want to admit that they ran out of gas.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 08-28-2005, 06:57 PM
Mummy Man

Send a message via MSN to gsxcorey
how can you have problems early and keep up w/ rossi w/i .5 sec the entire race with problems?

BULLSHIT...you don't keep up w/ rossi running with problems for an entire race.

he basically said "i hung w/ rossi the entire race with a problem until it got so bad i had to stop". WHATEVER

post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 08-28-2005, 07:01 PM
No Crying Allowed

Quote:
Originally Posted by gsxcorey
how can you have problems early and keep up w/ rossi w/i .5 sec the entire race with problems?

BULLSHIT...you don't keep up w/ rossi running with problems for an entire race.

he basically said "i hung w/ rossi the entire race with a problem until it got so bad i had to stop". WHATEVER
:imwst

Fuel Managment Problem = Ran out of Gas... I'm with R1 Glad on this one......

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

|
|
|
|
post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 08-28-2005, 08:41 PM
Ask the Chief

"fuel management problem the whole race"

i think everyone else had the same problem....it's called an internal combustion engine. it BURNS gas. what a bullshit story. :baby

doesn't matter. he wasn't going to win anyway.

post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 08-29-2005, 04:57 PM

A Fuel management problem could be thet someone managed to forget to top it off. :laugh
post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 08-29-2005, 07:43 PM

he either

ran out of gas @ the end

or stopped altogether because he couldn't handle losing to rossi again and blamed it on "fuel"

AFM #282
post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 08-29-2005, 10:24 PM

That was such a wicked race. Loved it. My gut twisted when Gibernau's bike went gasless,,,I blinked alot yelling,,,NO FUCKIN WAYS!!! FIRE THE FUCKIN PIT CREW!!!
post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old 08-30-2005, 02:35 AM
7c Forever

Quote:
Originally Posted by stingray
he either

ran out of gas @ the end

or stopped altogether because he couldn't handle losing to rossi again and blamed it on "fuel"
exactly

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sport Bike Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode