Racing MotoGP, WSBK, BSB, AMA, F1, WRC, DTM, NASCAR, etc...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 11-29-2005, 05:40 AM Thread Starter

MotoGP: Rossi rules day two at Sepang.

TUESDAY 29TH NOVEMBER 2005

Full MotoGP test times from Tuesday's second day of testing at Sepang, Malaysia, which is being attended by Honda, Yamaha, Suzuki and Kawasaki teams.

Testing concludes on Wednesday...

Sepang test day two:

1. Valentino Rossi ITA Yamaha Factory Racing 2min 2.61 secs
2. Marco Melandri ITA Fortuna Honda 2min 2.65 secs
3. Toni Elias SPA Fortuna Honda 2min 2.78 secs
4. Colin Edwards USA Yamaha Factory Racing 2min 2.94 secs
5. Carlos Checa SPA Honda Pons 2min 2.96 secs
6. Nicky Hayden USA Repsol Honda Team 2min 3.05 secs
7. John Hopkins USA Team Suzuki MotoGP 2min 3.1 secs
8. Dani Pedrosa SPA Repsol Honda Team 2min 3.15 secs
9. Shinya Nakano JPN Kawasaki Racing Team 2min 3.52 secs
10. Casey Stoner AUS Honda Pons 2min 3.56 secs
11. Chris Vermulen AUS Team Suzuki MotoGP 2min 4.5 secs
12. Randy de Puniet FRA Kawasaki Racing Team 2min 4.5 secs
13. James Ellison GBR Tech 3 Yamaha 2min 5.52 secs

Fastest day one time:

Marco Melandri ITA Fortuna Honda 2min 2.95 secs

2005 Malaysian GP - 25/09/2005:

Pole position: Loris Capirossi ITA Ducati Marlboro 2min 1.731secs

Fastest race laps (by manufacturer):
Honda: Nicky Hayden USA Repsol Honda 2min 2.993secs
Yamaha: Valentino Rossi ITA Gauloises Yamaha 2min 3.328secs
Ducati: Loris Capirossi ITA Ducati Marlboro 2min 3.435secs
Suzuki: John Hopkins USA Team Suzuki MotoGP 2min 3.681secs
Kawasaki: Olivier Jacque FRA Kawasaki Racing Team 2min 5.289secs
WCM: James Ellison GBR Blata WCM 2min 7.378secs

--------------------------------------------------

Having been left just sixth fastest on the Honda dominated day one timesheets, MotoGP World Champion Valentino Rossi restored order on the second day of testing at Sepang in Malaysia.

Rossi spent most of the day testing Michelin tyres and getting to grips with Yamaha's new prototype 2006-spec YZR-M1, which he rode for the first time yesterday, before switching back onto the 2005 bike towards the end of the day to continue working with Michelin.

The Doctor set a best time of 2mins 2.61secs today, which was 1.19secs faster than his best Monday time and 0.383secs quicker than Nicky Hayden's race lap record during September Malaysian Grand Prix.

Rossi's closest rival today was Monday pace setter Marco Melandri, who improved by 0.3secs over yesterday to get to within just 0.04secs of the #46. Melandri's Fortuna Honda team-mate Toni Elias was third, and a mere 0.13secs slower than Marco.

"I am really happy with what we did today on the new bike and I am feeling quite positive about it," declared Rossi after his 60 Tuesday laps. "I have a good feeling on it and more stability than with the old M1, so this is very encouraging considering that it's just the first (proper) day of work.

"Today we did a lot of work with Michelin while trying to understand and gather data for the new bike. At the end of the day I changed back to the old bike and continued testing tyres. Yesterday the feeling was not perfect with the 2005 bike but we changed some settings and today it began to feel much better.

"We had some problems here in the race and so it's good to make these improvements. Tomorrow we have some more things to try with the new bike before we fly home for the holidays!"

Rossi's Gauloises Yamaha team-mate Colin Edwards also tested several new tyres as he continued to work exclusively on the 2005-spec bike, before he tries the new prototype tomorrow afternoon.

The Texan, who was fifth fastest - and marginally ahead of Rossi - on Monday, increased his pace by 0.84secs today as he set the fourth fastest overall time and lapped within 0.33secs of Rossi's best.

"During my first run this morning I went over half a second quicker than yesterday and then went even faster later, so it was a good day," confirmed Colin, who completed 67 laps. "We mostly concentrated on testing tyres in the morning and then the afternoon was spent trying out some other stuff for Yamaha.

"This new style is not so much about my position on the bike - there are small changes to that but I think only a serious 'Edwards fan' could notice - its more about my style of controlling the bike before and during a corner. My technique has definitely changed and it's feeling better each day as I get more used to it.

"Tomorrow I think I need to do a long run and then I hope to get on the new bike in the afternoon. I am really excited about trying it out; Valentino seems very positive about it so I can't wait to have a go myself!" concluded Edwards, whose best Tuesday lap was 1.2secs quicker than his best race lap in the grand prix.

The third and final day of testing at Sepang will take place tomorrow (Wednesday) with the winter test ban then starting on December 1. The ban lasts until January 20, after which many teams will return to Sepang.

Edwards slides and smokes rear tyre, Sepang MotoGP Test 28 - 30 November 2005
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 11-29-2005, 08:14 AM

Go Rosssiii !!!

:corn
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 11-29-2005, 11:33 AM
phil-osepher

think about how much time 0.33 seconds is. That is the gap between 1st and 4th...

wow

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sport Bike Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode