Racing MotoGP, WSBK, BSB, AMA, F1, WRC, DTM, NASCAR, etc...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 02-06-2006, 09:11 AM Thread Starter

Heavy fall follows strong start for Checa.

Carlos Checa made an encouraging debut for the Tech 3 Yamaha team at Qatar on Sunday - setting the fastest lap time out of the six riders present - but saw his day two efforts end early after receiving a bang to the head during a heavy fall.

"My first impressions are very good," confirmed Checa yesterday, after completing his first day riding an M1 with Dunlop tyres. "I have achieved the best time of the day and felt much better than I had expected. The feeling with the tyres has also been very good.

"I completed 70 laps and, although I admit we still have a long way to go, I am very satisfied with these first steps in this new adventure that I face in my MotoGP. We still have two more days of work and I am willing to give my best," he added.

However, day two - when the Camel Yamaha Team joined Tech 3, plus the Kawasaki and Ducati test riders, out on track - didn't go at all to plan:

"I suffered a fall and as a consequence of it was forced to leave the track," Checa explained. "The problem is that due to the blow on my head, at the beginning I was feeling a bit confused. As it has happened before midday, we considered that it was better to go back to the hotel so I can recover for tomorrow (Tuesday).

"The explanation for my crash could be that the tyre I was using was too hard so I lost grip sooner that I expected. But in spite of this withdraw, I am very satisfied with the work and the results in this first step with Tech 3, the bike and also Dunlop tyres.

"Even if the aim of this first test is not to set the best time, I have maintained a good rhythm. I hope to feel better tomorrow so that I can ride again as, apart from the shock, I have not suffered any other injury," he declared.

:corn
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 02-06-2006, 01:44 PM
No Crying Allowed

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
|
|
|
|
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 02-06-2006, 02:33 PM

Ouch. I hope everything turns out ok.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 02-06-2006, 03:15 PM

lesson here: use stickier tires
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 02-06-2006, 03:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by korrupt1
Actually I think it's:
when falling, avoid landing on head.
:
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 02-06-2006, 03:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by korrupt1

:imwst
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 02-06-2006, 03:40 PM
7c Forever

Quote:
Originally Posted by ffwf
Actually I think it's:
when falling, avoid landing on head.
:
x2 <minimum character count sucks>

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sport Bike Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode