Full World Supersport qualifying times (2) from the opening round of the 2006 world championship, held at the Losail circuit in Qatar.
Sebastien Charpentier has secured pole position for his Winston Ten Kate Honda team ahead of Saturday's first round of the World Supersport championship.
The reigning champion lapped in an impressive 2min 03.130secs – the only rider to hit the 03s. His team-mate, Kenan Sofuoglu managed to hold onto second place although he did come under a lot of pressure from Kevin Curtain on the Yamaha Germany R6 - Curtain was only 0.7secs off Sofuoglu's time.
Katsuaki Fujiwara now on the Megabike Honda was fourth fastest with Broc Parks in fifth place.
Tom Tunstall looked like he was getting into the groove on his Hardinge Ice Valley Honda when the TV cameras decided to pick him out for a few laps. The Yorkshire man qualified in twenty third place, so he will have a tough race on his hands if he wants to achieve his goal of scoring points.
Dean Thomas, riding this weekend as a wild card replacing Stephane Chambon, qualified in eighteenth place, slightly lower than he had hoped. He is progressing well considering he has a new bike, new track and new Pirellis to deal with.
1. Sebastien Charpentier FRA Winston Ten Kate Honda CBR 600RR 2min 3.093 secs
2. Kenan Sofuoglu TUR Winston Ten Kate Honda CBR 600RR 2min 4.089 secs
3. Kevin Curtain AUS Yamaha Motor Germany YZF R6 2min 4.741 secs
4. Katsuaki Fujiwara JPN Megabike Honda Team CBR 600RR 2min 4.756 secs
5. Broc Parkes AUS Yamaha Motor Germany YZF R6 2min 5.082 secs
6. Javier Fores SPA SLM Racing Yamaha YZF R6 2min 5.415 secs
7. Kai Borre Andersen NOR Team Hoegee Suzuki GSX600R 2min 5.924 secs
8. Maxime Berger FRA Team Gil Motor Sport Kawasaki ZX6RR 2min 5.994 secs
9. Gianluca Nannelli ITA Edo Racing Yamaha YZF R6 2min 6.183 secs
10. Barry Veneman NED Team Hoegee Suzuki GSX600R 2min 6.227 secs
11. Christian Zaiser AUT LBR Ducati Racing 749R 2min 6.265 secs
12. Mauro Sanchini ITA RG Team Yamaha YZF R6 2min 6.362 secs
13. Gianluca Vizziellio ITA Team Lorenzini by Leoni Yamaha YZF R6 2min 6.447 secs
14. William De Angelis ITA Intermoto Czech Klaffi Honda CBR 600RR 2min 6.647 secs
15. Chris Peris CAN Moto 1 - Yamaha - Bikersdays YZF R6 2min 6.734 secs
16. Massimo Roccoli ITA Team Lorenzini by Leoni Yamaha YZF R6 2min 6.818 secs
17. Anthony Gobert AUS Yamaha - GMT 94 YZF R6 2min 6.872 secs
18. Dean Thomas AUS Team Gil Motor Sport Kawasaki ZX6RR 2min 7.001 secs
19. Robbin Harms DEN Stiggy Motorsports Honda CBR 600RR 2min 7.138 secs
20. Sebastien Le Grelle BEL Le Grelle - Honda Belgium CBR 600RR 2min 7.465 secs
21. Johan Stigefelt SWE Dark Dog Stiggy Motorsports Honda CBR 600RR 2min 7.572 secs
22. Toma Miksovsky CZE Intermoto Czech Klaffi Honda CBR 600RR 2min 7.664 secs
23. Tom Tunstall GBR Hardinge - Ice Valley Motorsport Honda CBR 600RR 2min 7.792 secs
24. Gregory Leblanc FRA Vazy Racing Team Honda CBR 600RR 2min 7.799 secs
25. Josh Brookes AUS Ducati SC Caracchi 749 R 2min 7.927 secs
26. Didier Van Keymeulen BEL Moto 1 - Yamaha - Bikersdays YZF R6 2min 7.972 secs
27. Tatu Lauslehto FIN Dark Dog Stiggy Motorsports Honda CBR 600RR 2min 8.174 secs
28. Alessio Velini ITA Team Umbria Bike Yamaha YZF R6 2min 8.219 secs
29. David Garcia Forner ESP Tati Team Beaujolais Yamaha YZF R6 2min 8.921 secs
30. Vladimir Ivanov RUS Vector Racing Team Yamaha YZF R6 2min 9.142 secs
31. Julien Enjolras FRA Tati Team Beaujolais Yamaha YZF R6 2min 9.255 secs
32. Andrea Berta ITA SLM Racing Yamaha YZF R6 2min 10.451 secs
33. Luka Nedog SLO Ducati SC Caracchi 749 R 2min 10.816 secs