Racing MotoGP, WSBK, BSB, AMA, F1, WRC, DTM, NASCAR, etc...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 21 (permalink) Old 03-07-2006, 12:13 PM Thread Starter

Four Former Winners to Battle in Daytona Superstock Opener

The 2006 Repsol Lubricants Superstock Series opener at Daytona International Speedway will feature a clash of four former winners. Aaron Gobert, Jason Pridmore, Josh Hayes and Aaron Yates are all past winners of the Daytona Superstock race and are all slated to line up for the final on Thursday, March 9, in one of the strongest field of riders featured during Daytona’s Motorcycle Speed Week.

Defending Repsol Lubricants Superstock Series champ Aaron Yates suffered a broken shoulder only a month ago while testing at California Speedway making him questionable for Daytona, but Yates thinks now that he’ll be ready to race.

“I just got on a dirt bike yesterday and did a little riding,” Yates said on March 3rd. “I’ve been riding a street bike to keep the feel of things and building up my strength. I think I’ll give it a good test this weekend and then have a rest on Monday and Tuesday and hopefully be ready to go when we take to the track on Wednesday.”

In spite of his injuries Yates says he won’t just be riding for points at Daytona.

“I’m making really good progress every day,” he said. “If it keeps getting better at the rate it has been then I think I’ll be in the hunt for the win. My goal is to be in the lead pack on the last lap and have a chance to win it.”

Yates last won the Daytona Superstock race in 1996, when the class was still 750cc Supersport bikes.

Yates is just one of a multitude of Suzuki riders expected to race. The Jordan Suzuki team will field three riders in the Daytona Superstock race including two-time race winner Jason Pridmore. Pridmore is trying to become the first three-time winner of the race. He will team with Steve Rapp and Jake Holden making up one of the most talent-rich teams in the series.

Australian Marty Craggill was the top privateer in AMA Superbike last year. This year the Hotbodies Racing Mladin Motorsports Suzuki rider will now focus on Superstock.

"Talking to Suzuki they were keen to giving us more support in Superstock,” said team owner Mat Mladin. “Now at least Marty will have a bike that’s competitive. The rest is up to him.”

Team M4 EMGO Suzuki has won this race three times, including last year with Vincent Haskovec. This year Geoff May will try to uphold the honor of the team. Under the same tent comes the Roadracingworld.com Suzuki team with Chris Ulrich and Robertino Pietri. Pietri is the 20-year-old son of former AMA Superbike and Formula One factory rider Roberto Pietri of Venezuela.

Millennium/KWS Suzuki will field John Haner and Matt Lynn aboard Suzuki GSX-R1000s in the Superstock class.

While Suzuki has numbers on its side, the other factory or factory-support teams make up for lower numbers with top-notch riders. Take Yamaha for example. Graves Yamaha has a potent trio of Jamie Hacking, Eric Bostrom and Jason DiSalvo on R1s. With those three riders there’s a very good chance that Yamaha will have more than one rider on the Daytona Superstock podium.

Attack Kawasaki brings Aussies Ben Attard and Damon Buckmaster to Daytona. Attard is considered an up-and-coming rider in the series, while Buckmaster is a proven veteran.

Erion Honda dominated Formula Xtreme in the early years when it was a big-bore class. Erion hopes to reestablish that dominance in Superstock with riders Josh Hayes and Aaron Gobert. This is the only team to feature two past winners of the Daytona Superstock race. Gobert won the event in 2004 and went on to win the championship, while Hayes took top honors at Daytona in 1999.

Qualifying for the Daytona Superstock race starts Wednesday (March 8) afternoon and the 13-lap final will take the green light on Thursday, March 9 at 3:50 pm EST. It will be televised live on SPEED.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 21 (permalink) Old 03-07-2006, 12:27 PM
The real Blue ranger

Send a message via Yahoo to R4Ltony

Quote:
If people don't regulate themselves, others will do it for them.
post #3 of 21 (permalink) Old 03-07-2006, 01:11 PM

Sucks that the Hayden boyz are no longer running the Superstock class. I wanted to see the 10R take a championship. Now that the R1 got the limited "LE" model, they should be able to take the championship home.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 21 (permalink) Old 03-07-2006, 01:23 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianRacerboy
the R1 got the limited "LE" model, they should be able to take the championship home.
and that ..... is a good thing !!
post #5 of 21 (permalink) Old 03-07-2006, 02:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by R1biker
and that ..... is a good thing !!
That is a GAY thing, cause Yamaha should of stepped up and raced Superbikes. Guess they have spent too much money on Rossi, they can't afford to help out the AMA with superbike......
post #6 of 21 (permalink) Old 03-07-2006, 04:58 PM

sweet, im not a big fan of daytona but this should be a GREAT race
post #7 of 21 (permalink) Old 03-07-2006, 05:25 PM
7c Forever

is there taht much difference between an LE and last years superstock model? I think the suspension is allowed to be changed anyways, and the slipper clutch is legal.
post #8 of 21 (permalink) Old 03-07-2006, 05:45 PM
No Crying Allowed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Junior
is there taht much difference between an LE and last years superstock model? I think the suspension is allowed to be changed anyways, and the slipper clutch is legal.
I would think the biggest advantage is going to be the wheels... ie: much better handling

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
|
|
|
|
post #9 of 21 (permalink) Old 03-07-2006, 07:00 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
superstock .. the bike cannot be modified in terms of suspensions , full exchaust, wheels and so on .. only slight mods are allowed .. but the LE comes stock with ohlins suspension and forged aluminum Marchesini wheels, Back torque-limiting slipper clutch therefore they have a more advantages....

Last edited by R1biker; 03-07-2006 at 07:13 PM.
post #10 of 21 (permalink) Old 03-07-2006, 07:11 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
That is a GAY thing, cause Yamaha should of stepped up and raced Superbikes
They will in 2007 ... Yamaha could've done it if they want to ... but they decided not to for many reason.. And one of them they wanna make sure they have the bike and be ready for it.. Therefore in 2007 you won't be disappointed.. You will see Yamaha in superbike

Quote:
Guess they have spent too much money on Rossi, they can't afford to help out the AMA with superbike......
Don't forget one thing that motogp is the grand prix and if any manufacture have the choice to invest ... they will in Motogp ...
They invested in Rossi ... build a very competitive bike and won 2 years in a row and the third one to come + the manufacture of award..

As for the superbike … you will see them in 2007.
post #11 of 21 (permalink) Old 03-08-2006, 12:34 AM
7c Forever

Quote:
Don't forget one thing that motogp is the grand prix and if any manufacture have the choice to invest ... they will in Motogp ...
They invested in Rossi ... build a very competitive bike and won 2 years in a row and the third one to come + the manufacture of award..

As for the superbike … you will see them in 2007.

plus, how many potential customers are aware of a motoGP class win? now how many are aware of an AMA SBK class win? which one is the wiser investment?

thanks for the rules info man, guess I had her all backwards.
post #12 of 21 (permalink) Old 03-08-2006, 12:49 AM
Ask the Chief

once again (beating the horse...)

the forged aluminum wheels on the LE offer VERY little weight savings. stock wheels are also aluminum, though not forged. negligible handling improvement.

the LE is a 2004 R1 with a slipper clutch, super cool new welds, shorter swingarm (whoopie), aluminum wheels and ohlins (R&T mind you...not factory race) suspension. they basically charged consumers $8000 for $5000 worth of stuff.

they will have an advantage in the suspension and clutch departments....that's about it. the LE is a ridiculous marketing ploy, and i'm not buying into it.

and like junior said....if they can race this bike in the AMA SS class and WSBK.....why not AMA SBK? I don't buy all the lack of time to 'plan' garbage they're spouting.

SUPERSTOCK IS SUPPOSED TO BE A CLASS FOR PRIVATEERS!!!!! WTF?!

sorry. lost my head there for a second.

post #13 of 21 (permalink) Old 03-08-2006, 05:37 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
plus, how many potential customers are aware of a motoGP class win? now how many are aware of an AMA SBK class win? which one is the wiser investment?
For sure Motogp ... it's worldwide and it's much more important in many ways ..2nd comes the WSBK .. Which with the new 2007 R1 will be as well much more competitive next year ...

Quote:
thanks for the rules info man, guess I had her all backwards.
You're welcome bro
post #14 of 21 (permalink) Old 03-08-2006, 09:31 AM
7c Forever

Quote:
For sure Motogp ... it's worldwide and it's much more important in many ways ..2nd comes the WSBK .. Which with the new 2007 R1 will be as well much more competitive next year ...
ya, I'm not sure of that, the R1 is more competative than ever before, but so is everyone else. Barros is seriosly kicking ass considering the bike he's on, and the Troys are running away with it.

seems like yamaha have not made up as much ground as the others during pre-season testing.
post #15 of 21 (permalink) Old 03-08-2006, 09:40 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
ya, I'm not sure of that, the R1 is more competative than ever before, but so is everyone else. Barros is seriosly kicking ass considering the bike he's on, and the Troys are running away with it.

seems like yamaha have not made up as much ground as the others during pre-season testing.
Dude i was not talking about the WSBK .. i said the motogp is more important .. as for the wsbk this year will not be Yamahas forget it .. u have to wait till next year ... there bike is not as completive as the Gixxer ...
but they made a big improvement for this year ...

Yamaha still running on the 04 model dude kind of !
post #16 of 21 (permalink) Old 03-08-2006, 09:56 AM
7c Forever

sorry, that's not what I meant man, I know you meant motoGP, but you mentioned WSBK being second, so I brought it up. it's really a second rate effort, but ya, they WILL need a newer bike to compete, if there's anybody that can put it on the top step for a race or 2 tho it's nori.
post #17 of 21 (permalink) Old 03-08-2006, 10:48 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
they WILL need a newer bike to compete, if there's anybody that can put it on the top step for a race or 2 tho it's nori.
I agree on that ....
post #18 of 21 (permalink) Old 03-08-2006, 11:44 AM
Ask the Chief

just more fuel on the fire....

i don't think vale winning on yamaha is going to drastically affect R1 sales.....as much as a WSBK win would.

most people know vale is on a bike that you can't buy....

however, an R1 championship in AMA SBK would have a huge effect on sales.

not sure that dumping all resources and abandoning a great marketing venue was such a smart idea....

post #19 of 21 (permalink) Old 03-08-2006, 12:10 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by firehawk
Trouble maker ! :laugh

Quote:
i agree but yamaha R1 was top sale for last 2 years and they didn't even win any SBK ... so imagine if they do ... like i said above wait till next year ..

Quote:
not sure that dumping all resources and abandoning a great marketing venue was such a smart idea....
not dumping ... but I’m pretty sure that Yamaha know whats better or not then us ... 1 they know there bike is not as competitive as the new gixxer ..
they are getting ready for next year ... when then the new beast is out ....
Same thing .. in superstock in 04 when the R1 came out .. gobert took the champion ship ....
and this year the R6 will do damage as well ....

Be patient
post #20 of 21 (permalink) Old 03-08-2006, 02:21 PM
7c Forever

Quote:

i don't think vale winning on yamaha is going to drastically affect R1 sales.....as much as a WSBK win would.

most people know vale is on a bike that you can't buy....

I think the biggest issue was that Yamaha where sick of Honda shitting on them in motoGP, and would rather be beaten by Suzuki than by Honda.

Plus, already look at R6 sales 'cause they scream and beat there chest over "trickledown motoGP technology"

are the pushing it? hell ya they're pushin it, but the average joe doesn't know anybetter, just see's Vale doing a 1 leg off wheely over the finish line and says "wow, if I wheely like that I can pick up mad chicks man."

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sport Bike Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode