Racing MotoGP, WSBK, BSB, AMA, F1, WRC, DTM, NASCAR, etc...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 13 (permalink) Old 03-10-2006, 05:28 AM Thread Starter

F1: Practice times (2) - Bahrain Grand Prix.

Practice times (2) - Bahrain Grand Prix.
From crash.net (it's hell on earth trying to copy and paste from the f1.com site)

1. Anthony Davidson Britain Honda-Honda 01:31.353
2. Michael Schumacher Germany Ferrari-Ferrari 01:31.751
3. Alexander Wurz Austria Williams-Cosworth 01:31.764
4. Felipe Massa Brazil Ferrari-Ferrari 01:32.175
5. Fernando Alonso Spain Renault-Renault 01:32.538
6. Vitantonio Liuzzi Italy Toro Rosso-Cosworth 01:32.703*
7. Robert Doornbos Holland Red Bull-Ferrari 01:32.926
8. Giancarlo Fisichella Italy Renault-Renault 01:33.215
9. Jenson Button Britain Honda-Honda 01:33.226
10. Robert Kubica Poland BMW Sauber 01:33.244
11. Christian Klien Austria Red Bull-Ferrari 01:33.557
12. Kimi Raikkonen Finland McLaren-Mercedes 01:33.577
13. Juan Pablo Montoya Colombia McLaren-Mercedes 01:33.726
14. Nick Heidfeld Germany BMW Sauber 01:33.848
15. Neel Jani Switzerland Toro Rosso-Cosworth 01:33.900*
16. Scott Speed American Toro Rosso-Cosworth 01:34.284*
17. Mark Webber Australia Williams-Cosworth 01:34.333
18. Rubens Barrichello Brazil Honda-Honda 01:34.384
19. David Coulthard Britain Red Bull-Ferrari 01:34.432
20. Tiago Monteiro Portugal Midland-Toyota 01:34.459
21. Nico Rosberg Germany Williams-Cosworth 01:34.953
22. Ralf Schumacher Germany Toyota-Toyota 01:35.170
23. Markus Winkelhock Germany Midland-Toyota 01:35.686
24. Jarno Trulli Italy Toyota-Toyota 01:35.898
25. Jacques Villeneuve Canada BMW Sauber 01:36.264
26. Christijan Albers Holland Midland-Toyota 01:36.314
27. Takuma Sato Japan Super Aguri-Honda 01:37.588
28. Yuji Ide Japan Super Aguri-Honda 01:39.021

all times unofficial
* denotes restricted V10 engine

:corn

From the guys watching it on Speed I heard Sato crashed out and I started to think of the F1rejects podcast's Takuma Sato Haiku's you can check them out here:
http://www.f1rejects.com
:laugh :laugh
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 13 (permalink) Old 03-10-2006, 07:56 AM
Dirt Rider :)

Kubica is nr. 10
post #3 of 13 (permalink) Old 03-10-2006, 08:03 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Storm
Kubica is nr. 10
LOL I love your enthusiasm
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 13 (permalink) Old 03-10-2006, 08:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ffwf
LOL I love your enthusiasm

because he is the only polish driver
post #5 of 13 (permalink) Old 03-10-2006, 08:11 AM Thread Starter

I'm sort of cheering for Kimi for that reason 8that he's from a neighbouring country) plus he is hillarious.
post #6 of 13 (permalink) Old 03-10-2006, 08:29 AM

I just want to know.. where people running out of gas??? Seems like a lot of guys pulling off.

I can't wait until the race... Looks like some new blood up top. Hopefully it'll change from the one man show of yore...
post #7 of 13 (permalink) Old 03-10-2006, 09:01 AM

Quote:
I'm sort of cheering for Kimi for that reason 8that he's from a neighbouring country) plus he is hillarious.
I hope they both will do well
post #8 of 13 (permalink) Old 03-10-2006, 09:42 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by wacky_woodchuck
Hopefully it'll change from the one man show of yore...

*cries* when are people going to stop blaming Schumi for developing an ace car, and that it's not his fault that the rest of the crop couldn't hack it back then, and the only way the FIA could stop further development for Ferrari was to impose rules that almost specifically went after them? So in stead of going forwards in car development technology F1 is stagnant if not moving backwards and sidestepping so that

For the past 7 or 8 years I have heard nothing but whining from the Mclaren fans (because that's what the majority of the whiners are for some reason) about this that and the other and everything being Schumi/Ferrari's fault blah blah blah, it's getting really old and has nothing to do with racing whatsoever. I've heard every arguement to the point of having Corrinna dragged into the mix.

If you want to blame anyone for why it turned into the one man show it was for a while then perhaps it's time to ask why drivers who've never won a single race can continue to be on the grid after 100+ races despite driving for some of the most prominent teams.

And how many of the current drivers have paid to be on the grid. I suspect there's a hell of a lot of fantastic drivers out there who will never make it to F1 because their dad doesn't have 700+ million in the bank or used to be a F1 driver himself.

Personally I think it's so cool to be able to witness this in my time, I think a lot of people have become jaded over the past few years but I still remember how cool it was to watch Schumi go from the last part of the grid to the top of the podium. It's really amazing to watch. Personally I feel that Ferrari deserved to win when they did because both Schumi and Barrichello worked their asses off to get there in every race. (Eddie Irvine was a bit unstable though as he spent more and more time waiting out his stop and go's)
But that does perhaps not come across like that when people are used to watching you take off and lead from pole position to the finish line.

I am so glad Rossi doesn't get this sort of crap all the time like Schumi does.
post #9 of 13 (permalink) Old 03-10-2006, 11:32 AM

I understand your comments, and I am surely a Shumi fan. But what I am refering to, is that in the past few years, there hasn't been a real close race in the points championship. Last year, I thought would have been good. But it was another run away.

I want to fights of yore (Senna/Shumi/Berger/Mansell) Now those were awesome races to watch. I mean, right now, in MotoGP, the man is Rossi. Everyone else either has a superb day or Rossi stinks it up. Shumi was the same way. I want to see elbow to elbow... michellin to michellin racing. Good fights from start to finish.

Guess I am asking too much in any racing sport. But I'll take what I can get. I just miss the battles of the olden days.
post #10 of 13 (permalink) Old 03-10-2006, 12:23 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
I understand your comments, and I am surely a Shumi fan. But what I am refering to, is that in the past few years, there hasn't been a real close race in the points championship. Last year, I thought would have been good. But it was another run away.

I want to fights of yore (Senna/Shumi/Berger/Mansell) Now those were awesome races to watch. I mean, right now, in MotoGP, the man is Rossi. Everyone else either has a superb day or Rossi stinks it up. Shumi was the same way. I want to see elbow to elbow... michellin to michellin racing. Good fights from start to finish.

Guess I am asking too much in any racing sport. But I'll take what I can get. I just miss the battles of the olden days.
Yeah i see what you mean. My favourite thing about sports is when it's neck on neck and every competitor is 100% (though I was super happy about Ferrari winning the 2000 GP I was really bummed that Mika had such a shitty season)
I'm missing the Villeneuve vs. Schumacher days or Frentzen vs Schumacher and the Senna days.
When Schumi's aggressive touch was more frequent, these days if he's pushing it it's like he is killing babies or something.
post #11 of 13 (permalink) Old 03-10-2006, 10:05 PM
Petronas Yamaha?

Quote:
Dont forget Alain Prost!
Have to agree, those where the days for F1. Now F1 gives me kinda of an empty feeling.........??
post #12 of 13 (permalink) Old 03-10-2006, 10:45 PM
7c Forever

Quote:
I am so glad Rossi doesn't get this sort of crap all the time like Schumi does.
ok, I'm gonna go WAY out on a limb here, and I want you and everybody else on this board to know, before I even start this, that I have the utmost respect for all of you, and I don't intend this as a personal attack of any kind.

Rossi DOES catch shit like that, the issue is, that 80% of the people that watch motoGP these days, are die-hard Rossi fans that didn't watch it until he came along (or in many cases, until he switched to yamaha). This means that the half of the people that watched motoGP BEFORE Rossi's era (amounting to about 10% total) get ripped apart everytime they dare mention that he is anything short of a god. Everyone keeps saying that he's the best of all time. Well... every multiple world champion since Giacomo has been called the best of all time, so the press saying that has kinda lost it's meaning.

There was a poll run on motogpnews.com awhile ago asking "if Rossi leaves for F1, will his army of ballclinger fans bugger off with him?"

the ball is already rolling for Pedrosa to take over as the next "greatest rider of all time" since I think it's spains turn.
post #13 of 13 (permalink) Old 03-11-2006, 02:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Junior
ok, I'm gonna go WAY out on a limb here, and I want you and everybody else on this board to know, before I even start this, that I have the utmost respect for all of you, and I don't intend this as a personal attack of any kind.

Rossi DOES catch shit like that, the issue is, that 80% of the people that watch motoGP these days, are die-hard Rossi fans that didn't watch it until he came along (or in many cases, until he switched to yamaha). This means that the half of the people that watched motoGP BEFORE Rossi's era (amounting to about 10% total) get ripped apart everytime they dare mention that he is anything short of a god. Everyone keeps saying that he's the best of all time. Well... every multiple world champion since Giacomo has been called the best of all time, so the press saying that has kinda lost it's meaning.

There was a poll run on motogpnews.com awhile ago asking "if Rossi leaves for F1, will his army of ballclinger fans bugger off with him?"

the ball is already rolling for Pedrosa to take over as the next "greatest rider of all time" since I think it's spains turn.

:imwst I actually became a motogp fan after my uncle bought a R1 and took me for a ride :

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sport Bike Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode