Racing MotoGP, WSBK, BSB, AMA, F1, WRC, DTM, NASCAR, etc...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 18 (permalink) Old 03-11-2006, 09:57 AM Thread Starter
phil-osepher

Exclamation daytona SBk Spoiler

HOLY CHIT
Mladin is the man...let Ben go by just to draft past him. All haters eat crow :jimmie

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 18 (permalink) Old 03-11-2006, 09:59 AM
Ask the Chief

spies has to be PISSED......mladin kinda talked crap about him at the post race interview....here comes spies interview....

post #3 of 18 (permalink) Old 03-11-2006, 10:00 AM

Spoiler - Superbike Daytona Results....

1 - Mat Mladin
2 - Ben Spies
3 - Miguel Duhamel

Roger Lee Hayden Crashes...

Good race between those 2 ....
Specially at the last lap ....

:corn
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 18 (permalink) Old 03-11-2006, 10:04 AM Thread Starter
phil-osepher

where were the ducati's? Ben Bostrom is done for IMO... Did poorly in 2004 AMA season on facotry bike, did poorly in 2005 in WSB (granted he was on inferior equipment) and was non-existent during this race...

post #5 of 18 (permalink) Old 03-11-2006, 10:06 AM Thread Starter
phil-osepher

Spies: blaming gearing...and set-up
but, he is a great racer and if there was no Mladin he would be on top. I think he has a great future and could do well in WSB or GP

post #6 of 18 (permalink) Old 03-11-2006, 10:08 AM

To be honest i really would like to see someone soon challenging Mladin .. Cause the race would be more interesting and his ego will go down...
post #7 of 18 (permalink) Old 03-11-2006, 10:08 AM
Ask the Chief

spies stuck with him the whole race.....he's definitely getting better.

yea, the set-up complaints are a little ghey. mat just outplayed him.

post #8 of 18 (permalink) Old 03-11-2006, 10:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kneedragger77
where were the ducati's?
1 Mat Mladin American Suzuki Suzuki GSX-R1000
2 Ben Spies American Suzuki Suzuki GSX-R1000
3 Miguel Duhamel American Honda Honda CBR1000RR
4 Neil Hodgson Parts Unlimited Ducati Ducati 999R
5 Tommy Hayden Kawasaki Kawasaki ZX-10RR
6 Aaron Yates American Suzuki Suzuki GSX-R1000
7 Ben Bostrom Parts Unlimited Ducati Ducati 999R
8 Jake Zemke American Honda Honda CBR1000RR
9 Jason Pridmore Jordan Racing Suzuki GSX-R1000
10 Jacob Holden Jordan Racing Suzuki GSX-R1000
11 Eric Wood Hooters Suzuki Suzuki GSX-R1000
12 Cory West Suzuki GSX-R1000
13 Marty Craggill Mat Mladin Motorsports Suzuki GSX-R1000
14 Akira Tamitsuju Suzuki GSX-R1000
15 Matt Lynn Suzuki GSX-R1000
16 Brad Hendry Suzuki GSX-R1000
17 Michael Sanchez Suzuki GSX-R1000
18 Brian Stokes Yamaha YZF-R1
19 Armando Ferrer Kawasaki ZX-10RR
20 C. Gittere Suzuki GSX-R1000
post #9 of 18 (permalink) Old 03-11-2006, 10:14 AM Thread Starter
phil-osepher

Quote:
Originally Posted by R1biker
To be honest i really would like to see someone soon challenging Mladin .. Cause the race would be more interesting and his ego will go down...
hmmmmmm how many championships does Matt have? I think he should be allowed a little latitude with the ego/confidence. A great champion has to be a bit cocky, and put on the "you can't touch this" vibe. Look at other champs...Ali, Jordan, Rossi, Ray Lewis, Roy Jones Jr..... All had the swagger and could walk the talk. That's what you want.

Mladin will stop winning when he retires.

post #10 of 18 (permalink) Old 03-11-2006, 10:47 AM

Quote:
hmmmmmm how many championships does Matt have? I think he should be allowed a little latitude with the ego/confidence. A great champion has to be a bit cocky, and put on the "you can't touch this" vibe. Look at other champs...Ali, Jordan, Rossi, Ray Lewis, Roy Jones Jr..... All had the swagger and could walk the talk. That's what you want.

some people don't remember Kenny Roberts Sr. interveiws......

they didn't call him King Kenny only because he was good.
post #11 of 18 (permalink) Old 03-11-2006, 10:48 AM

and i hope roger lee is alright....

that looked painful
post #12 of 18 (permalink) Old 03-11-2006, 11:13 AM

Quote:

Sorry bro to tell you this ... for sure Mladin is a great rider ... but he did not prove shit but the AMA .. if you were as good as everyone think then step up to wsbk or Motogp and prove it ...
therefore i don't think his ego should be that high ... he's not the world champ ... meaning his not the best he's only a AMA superbike champ ... not even WSBK or motogp .. sorry man
post #13 of 18 (permalink) Old 03-11-2006, 11:28 AM

cool to see Kawi in the mix, but Mat & Ben = yawn

this year, I think WSBK is where all the action is
post #14 of 18 (permalink) Old 03-11-2006, 12:11 PM Thread Starter
phil-osepher

Quote:
Originally Posted by R1biker
Sorry bro to tell you this ... for sure Mladin is a great rider ... but he did not prove shit but the AMA .. if you were as good as everyone think then step up to wsbk or Motogp and prove it ...
therefore i don't think his ego should be that high ... he's not the world champ ... meaning his not the best he's only a AMA superbike champ ... not even WSBK or motogp .. sorry man
you need to read this:
http://www.superbikeplanet.com/f004.htm

Mladin won the australian superbike championship in his first professional season of roadracing. He DID go to motogp his 2nd year, but was riding for Cagiva riding against guys like Wayne Gardner, Mick Doohan and Wayne Rainey...

Matt posted better times at Philip Island than current WSB champ Troy Corser, and we all know the WSB machines are more "trick" than AMA bikes. Speaking of WSB champs, how is former WSB champ Neil Hodgson doing against Mat? But...the AMA is a cracker jack racing series right? Even Neil said Matt could win a WSB title in his first season.

Mat has a good team, a good paycheck, and a good chance of winning in AMA. Why go to GP's and run the risk of having the type of run that Hopkins has had? Who is going to give an older rider like Mat a break and top facotry ride (you need a top factory ride in GP to even have a remote chance of being competitive) in GP's anyway? This is a tired argument...

post #15 of 18 (permalink) Old 03-11-2006, 12:12 PM Thread Starter
phil-osepher

Quote:
Originally Posted by GAMBLER

this year, I think WSBK is where all the action is
I agree, much better to watch

post #16 of 18 (permalink) Old 03-11-2006, 12:14 PM
Ask the Chief

Quote:
Originally Posted by R1Budha
and i hope roger lee is alright....

that looked painful
sounds like he tweaked his ankle....not sure if it's sprained or broken. bummer.

post #17 of 18 (permalink) Old 03-11-2006, 12:52 PM
No Crying Allowed

Someone got schooled on how to "not be leading on the last lap at Daytona"

I know this, how come spies didn't??

Oh well, great race anyway....

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

|
|
|
|
post #18 of 18 (permalink) Old 03-11-2006, 01:06 PM
7c Forever

Quote:
you need to read this:
http://www.superbikeplanet.com/f004.htm

Mladin won the australian superbike championship in his first professional season of roadracing. He DID go to motogp his 2nd year, but was riding for Cagiva riding against guys like Wayne Gardner, Mick Doohan and Wayne Rainey...

Matt posted better times at Philip Island than current WSB champ Troy Corser, and we all know the WSB machines are more "trick" than AMA bikes. Speaking of WSB champs, how is former WSB champ Neil Hodgson doing against Mat? But...the AMA is a cracker jack racing series right? Even Neil said Matt could win a WSB title in his first season.

Mat has a good team, a good paycheck, and a good chance of winning in AMA. Why go to GP's and run the risk of having the type of run that Hopkins has had? Who is going to give an older rider like Mat a break and top facotry ride (you need a top factory ride in GP to even have a remote chance of being competitive) in GP's anyway? This is a tired argument...

I completely agree, Mladin has it fine where he's at, and frankly, he doesn't care, he doesn't have the "hunger" that all the guys are talking about the "young blood" having, he's content to sit back, collect his paycheck and watch his daughter grow up. I think he sums it up pretty good when he says "in the end, when I'm dead, it's not like I'm going to be judged based on how many races, or how many or even what championships I won."

he's one of the best racers of our time, and he's the only one that is willing to fess up when he fucks up.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sport Bike Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode