Racing MotoGP, WSBK, BSB, AMA, F1, WRC, DTM, NASCAR, etc...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 27 (permalink) Old 03-13-2006, 09:41 AM Thread Starter
Ask the Chief

ROSSI: Now I'm worried

Rossi: Now I'm worried.

MotoGP World Champion Valentino Rossi says he's a worried man after finishing the final pre-season test in a lowly tenth position - and is crossing his fingers that Yamaha can cure their crippling chatter problems before the first race.

After having comfortably led the testing timesheets just one week earlier at Barcelona, Rossi - along with team-mate Colin Edwards - suddenly dropped down the timesheets at Jerez after vibration problems returned with a vengeance.

The root of the problem proved hard to pinpoint: Rossi initially felt that Michelin's latest tyres were the main cause of the chatter - and was confident of finding a cure at Jerez, saying that he would only worry if the chatter was still present on the eve of the season-opening Spanish Grand Prix (to held at the same circuit, on March 26).

However, as he left Jerez on Sunday, Rossi claimed to be "quite worried" after the combined efforts of the French tyre manufacturer and Yamaha failed to solve the vibration issue during three days at the racetrack.
Camel Yamaha completed the test with Edwards in seventh - 1.3secs from fastest man Loris Capirossi - and Rossi tenth, almost 1.5secs from the top.

"Yesterday I was confident that we could find some big improvements today but honestly that hasn't happened and now I am quite worried," revealed Rossi after day three. "The vibration has remained and at the moment we don't know how to solve it.

"Yamaha and Michelin have done a lot of good work today and we've tried many different tyres and settings, but we are still slow. This is the last test and throughout the whole pre-season period we've always been fast and the bike has felt good, but this test has been completely different.

"At the moment I am not sure what will happen in the race, we'll have to wait and see. I hope that Jeremy (Burgess - crew chief), together with the Japanese engineers and the Michelin technicians, can use all the data they have now to understand the problem and see how to solve it," concluded the seven times world champion.

Team-mate Edwards confirmed the seriousness of the problem - saying that it meant they are without a "winning pace" for the first grand prix - but, like Rossi, is pinning his hopes on a solution away from the racetrack.

"It would be nice if I could say that we've solved all our problems today, but sadly it's just not the case and we're still struggling a bit," began the Texan. "I think we've really gone in circles a bit here. We've changed a lot of things and we haven't really concentrated on a race simulation or the endurance of the tyre, we've just been trying to find ways to dial out the problems we have.

"To be honest our pace isn't bad but it's certainly not a winning pace, which is frustrating when we saw in Barcelona last weekend how great our package is when it's all working! Yamaha and Michelin have more than enough information after three days and I am confident that they will come back with something to solve our problems. Anyway, that's it for testing!

"I'm heading home for ten days to chill out a little bit and let's hope that the new stuff we have when we come back for the race will help us out so we can challenge for a win," Colin concluded.

"After this test we don't know how the race will go, but it's been very important to have this chance to test before it," stated team director Davide Brivio. "As the riders say, we've tried many different things and collected a lot of information. Now our engineers will have ten days to work on this and come up with some new ideas and solutions.

"This is the end of winter testing and we've seen that our bike can work very well at different tracks. We need to understand why this hasn't been the case here, but we're convinced we can find a way forward and we know that we still have a very good package," he added.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 27 (permalink) Old 03-13-2006, 10:29 AM

http://www.motomummy.com/Forum/showthread.php?t=15528

:

You guys can be as worried as you want but me -- I'm not worried!!!
Just learn to have a little faith in Valentino and his abilities with a bike!

What Vale see's as quite worried other riders see as a complete panic situation!
I'm pretty confident that they'll work something out -- and even if they don't Valentino is perfectly capable of "riding around" a lot of problems.

Hell he's done it before -- there was no way the M1 was good enough to take him to that first Yamaha title on it's own - but history shows that he got it!!

Last edited by R1biker; 03-13-2006 at 10:38 AM.
post #3 of 27 (permalink) Old 03-13-2006, 11:06 AM
No Crying Allowed

Rossi at his best............. :

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3
Attached Images
File Type: jpg sand.jpg (153.9 KB, 82 views)

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

|
|
|
|
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 27 (permalink) Old 03-13-2006, 11:12 AM
meat popsicle

I wouldn't be surprised if he was just fucking with everyone's head on this
post #5 of 27 (permalink) Old 03-13-2006, 11:14 AM Thread Starter
Ask the Chief

why would he?

both he and colin seem to be experiencing the same thing. what would be to gain by not running fast in pre-season testing and claiming vibration problems? mental edge? rossi already has that.

sounds like a legit problem, but like R1biker said, he always seems to adapt and overcome when the heat is on.

still...it would be cool to see a close points chase this year!

Last edited by R1biker; 03-13-2006 at 12:15 PM.
post #6 of 27 (permalink) Old 03-13-2006, 01:07 PM
7c Forever

Checa doesn't seem to be having any such problems.
post #7 of 27 (permalink) Old 03-13-2006, 01:25 PM
No Crying Allowed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Junior
exactly

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

|
|
|
|
post #8 of 27 (permalink) Old 03-13-2006, 01:27 PM

Quote:
Well they have been saying its the tires (Michelin), and Checa runs Dunlops so maybe that is it?
post #9 of 27 (permalink) Old 03-13-2006, 01:39 PM
The real Blue ranger

Send a message via Yahoo to R4Ltony
Do you suppose it's against Rossi's contract to try another tyre just to eliminate a source?

Quote:
If people don't regulate themselves, others will do it for them.
post #10 of 27 (permalink) Old 03-13-2006, 01:45 PM Thread Starter
Ask the Chief

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave_6
Well they have been saying its the tires (Michelin), and Checa runs Dunlops so maybe that is it?

Camel Yamaha are the only M1's running Michelins.

Although.....Yamaha isn't the only team on the grid running michelins....unless rossi gets a "special" tire.....:

post #11 of 27 (permalink) Old 03-13-2006, 01:48 PM Thread Starter
Ask the Chief

Quote:
Originally Posted by R4Ltony
Do you suppose it's against Rossi's contract to try another tyre just to eliminate a source?
absolutely!!!!!

though it's probably a yamaha-michelin contract issue, not a rossi issue.

i do find it HARD to believe with all the experience that michelin has in motorsports racing....including numerous championships in motogp/500gp, that they keep making tire after tire that cause 'vibration' problems.....

post #12 of 27 (permalink) Old 03-13-2006, 02:29 PM

Hasn't a chattering issue been a nagging problem the Hondas the past couple of seasons? They run Michelins as well...
post #13 of 27 (permalink) Old 03-13-2006, 02:35 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by firehawk
still...it would be cool to see a close points chase this year!
Close meaning that Rossi only wins by 100?!?!?!

post #14 of 27 (permalink) Old 03-13-2006, 02:45 PM
7c Forever

well, a fast and easy solution would be for Yamaha to hand Checa Rossi's bike and see if it gives him the same problems on Dunlops.

and none of the other michelin bikes seem to be doing particularily well either. there's a big increase in the times from last year to tho, could be that Dunlop and Bridgestone have made big improvements and michelin is lagging.
post #15 of 27 (permalink) Old 03-13-2006, 03:01 PM

Perhaps it's time for motogp to see the light too.

Just say no.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg michelin2.jpg (47.7 KB, 60 views)
post #16 of 27 (permalink) Old 03-13-2006, 04:40 PM
The real Blue ranger

Send a message via Yahoo to R4Ltony
I like my Pilot Powers though.

Quote:
If people don't regulate themselves, others will do it for them.
post #17 of 27 (permalink) Old 03-13-2006, 04:57 PM Thread Starter
Ask the Chief

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enigma
Close meaning that Rossi only wins by 100?!?!?!
ummmm......no.:

post #18 of 27 (permalink) Old 03-13-2006, 04:59 PM Thread Starter
Ask the Chief

Quote:
well, a fast and easy solution would be for Yamaha to hand Checa Rossi's bike and see if it gives him the same problems on Dunlops.

and none of the other michelin bikes seem to be doing particularily well either. there's a big increase in the times from last year to tho, could be that Dunlop and Bridgestone have made big improvements and michelin is lagging.
i bet checa's bike is missing a few 'special' yamaha parts, though....only team yamaha is going to have the really good stuff.

doesn't matter much.....checa is still impressing people on the M1.

i think michelin might get caught snoozing this year.....

post #19 of 27 (permalink) Old 03-13-2006, 05:00 PM
Advanced Member

you are just pissed cause I am right. As usual.

post #20 of 27 (permalink) Old 03-13-2006, 05:05 PM Thread Starter
Ask the Chief

guess we'll find out soon enough.....

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sport Bike Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode