Racing MotoGP, WSBK, BSB, AMA, F1, WRC, DTM, NASCAR, etc...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 23 (permalink) Old 03-15-2006, 11:12 AM Thread Starter

rossi pissed, rossi/alonso drama

Quote:
Rossi challenges Alonso to duel

Wednesday, March 15th 2006, 11:53 GMT

MotoGP champion Valentino Rossi has challenged Formula One champion Fernando Alonso to a high-speed duel to see who is quickest.

The 24-year-old Renault driver said last month he was unimpressed by Rossi's Formula One tests for Ferrari and felt it would be very hard for him to switch from two wheels to four.

"He might finish fifth or even get on the podium some time but I could do the same on the bikes if I was given enough time to practise," the Spaniard told a news conference.

The words appeared to have stung Rossi, who was quoted by British weekly Motorcycle News on Wednesday as saying he wanted to put Alonso to the test.

"I read that if Alonso is able to make some practice then he can put a MotoGP bike on the podium with me," said the 27-year-old Italian.

"Well, I think we should drive a Formula One car, a World Rally car and a MotoGP bike, add the times together and then we will see who is the fastest."

Alonso told Gazzetta dello Sport that he was ready for it.

"Valentino triple challenges me? I find it something very enjoyable. So I reply I'm ready for it."

Rossi, winner in motorcycling's top category for the past five years, has tested repeatedly for Ferrari including a session in February with other drivers.

The charismatic Italian has also competed in rallies and Ferrari's seven times world champion Michael Schumacher has said Italy's highest-paid sportsman has the talent to make the switch to Formula One.

Alonso won Formula One's season-opening Bahrain Grand Prix at the weekend.
man i would kill to see this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 23 (permalink) Old 03-15-2006, 11:14 AM
meat popsicle

never gonna happen and Rossi needs to concentrate on the task at hand especially with the claimed tire problems

i don't follow F1 so i don't know who this Alonso guy is, in Rossi's words: FAAAAAAAAAKKKKK'EM!!!
post #3 of 23 (permalink) Old 03-15-2006, 11:16 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaoTan
never gonna happen and Rossi needs to concentrate on the task at hand especially with the claimed tire problems

i don't follow F1 so i don't know who this Alonso guy is, in Rossi's words: FAAAAAAAAAKKKKK'EM!!!
well it won't happen any time soon, but when it does happen my face is going to be glued to the tv.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 23 (permalink) Old 03-15-2006, 11:21 AM
meat popsicle

don't get me worng i wouldn't mind seeing it
post #5 of 23 (permalink) Old 03-15-2006, 11:27 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaoTan
don't get me worng i wouldn't mind seeing it
i would have to question your manhood if you did mind seeing it
post #6 of 23 (permalink) Old 03-15-2006, 11:43 AM

I would love to see this ..... But for alonso to say this earlier... this is major sign of jealousy....
post #7 of 23 (permalink) Old 03-15-2006, 02:02 PM
7c Forever

a motoGP bike, a Rallycar and an F1 car? holy shit Alonso is SOOOoo fucked and he doesn't even know it yet.

is he unaware of the fact that Valentino has beaten Colin McRae in a rallycar before?
post #8 of 23 (permalink) Old 03-15-2006, 02:09 PM
The real Blue ranger

Send a message via Yahoo to R4Ltony
Quote:
Originally Posted by R1biker
I would love to see this ..... But for alonso to say this earlier... this is major sign of jealousy....
No doubt!ped

Quote:
If people don't regulate themselves, others will do it for them.
post #9 of 23 (permalink) Old 03-15-2006, 02:34 PM
Ask the Chief

they should put it on pay-per-view.....

this would be awesome, but i HIGHLY doubt they'd follow thru with it. for sure, their attitudes towards each other will be fun to watch on the track next year if rossi does go....

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #10 of 23 (permalink) Old 03-15-2006, 03:27 PM

Dude, this is amazing imagine if this also involved
"Reply sensored due to incredibly dirty thoughts"

seriously bring it on.
:
post #11 of 23 (permalink) Old 03-15-2006, 09:19 PM
Rookie again

Quote:
Originally Posted by Junior
a motoGP bike, a Rallycar and an F1 car? holy shit Alonso is SOOOoo fucked and he doesn't even know it yet.

is he unaware of the fact that Valentino has beaten Colin McRae in a rallycar before?
No shit? I never knew that. The guy would definately get stomped at least two outta three catagories then.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

If you find yourself in a fair fight, your tactics suck.
post #12 of 23 (permalink) Old 03-16-2006, 02:37 PM Thread Starter

http://www.motonline.com/article.do?id=1142084874862395

D: Rossi, la stampa spagnola dice che Alonso ti ha gettato il guanto di sfida. Dice che se si allena in breve ti potrebbe sfidare in moto. Cosa ne pensi?

R: "Rilancio io, una sfida tra noi con la F1, la Moto Gp e un'auto da rally. Io contro di lui. Nemmeno la pista un problema, la pu scegliere lui, magari si pu far tutto a Barcellona".

Un bell'applauso, uno che fatica in prova e invece di chiudersi in silenzi imbarazzanti, riesce anche a fare dello humor e non solo, persino con la plastificatissima F1.

---

Q: Rossi, spanish newspapers are saying that Alonso offered you a challenge. He says that if he trains, in a few he could challenge you with a bike. What do you think about it?

A: "Ok, I increase: a challenge between us, wint F1, Moto GP and a WRC car. Me against him. The trak is not a problem, he can choose it, we can do it all in Barcellona".

A big applause, a men who works hard during practice and, instead of closin in embarrassing silences, is able to do some (and not only) humor, even with plastified F1.
post #13 of 23 (permalink) Old 03-16-2006, 03:28 PM
The real Blue ranger

Send a message via Yahoo to R4Ltony
Damn it!! This needs to happen!!!

Quote:
If people don't regulate themselves, others will do it for them.
post #14 of 23 (permalink) Old 03-17-2006, 11:09 AM Thread Starter

translated from italian, so the english is a bit off.

but it looks like alonso pussied out.

Quote:
http://www.gpone.com/news/marzo06/170306-2.htm

17/3/2006
Briatore replica a Rossi e difende Alonso
Continua a far discutere la sfida lanciata da Valentino Rossi a Fernando Alonso. L’ultimo ad intervenire, in ordine di tempo, stato ovviamente Flavio Briatore che ha risposto a Vale meglio di quanto abbia fatto il campione della F.1 stesso.
Se infatti Fernando si limitato ad affermare di non “avere tempo”, sottintendo, “per queste sciocchezze”.
Il ragioniere di Cuneo ha articolato il discorso con maggiore simpatia.
''Prima di tutto Fernando non ha mai detto di andare forte in moto – ha chiarito Briatore, e poi ha aggiunto - E comunque, visto che Rossi lancia tutte queste sfide, perch non anche a tennis, a pesca alla trota e nella corsa con i sacchi?. E' sempre Lui a dire di andare forte in macchina. Io dico che 3'' dietro ad Alonso. Poi c' chi pensa che sia di 2'' pi veloce. Libero di pensarlo, io parlo da tifoso...''.Ma come Flavio? se uno dice che con un po’ di allenamento potrebbe salire sul podio della MotoGHP, evidentemente convinto di saperci fare anche con le due ruote, no?
E questo Alonso l’ha detto…Mentendo e sapendo dim entire (come fa spesso, ma bene) allora il divo Flavio ha proseguito: ''Valentino ha sempre girato... con delle Ferrari''.
L’ultima battuta del Flavio nazionale per il triathlon motoristico prospettato da Valentino: ''Se poi Rossi vuole fare tutte quelle gare, sono sicuro che trova anche gli sponsor...''.
Qualche idea signor Briatore?

Briatore replies to Rossi and defends Alonso
It still makes people talk about it the challenge Rossi thrown towards Alonso. The last to talk, was Briatore (do you know him??? ), that answered to Rossi more than Alonso.
If, infact, Fernando limited saying that he doesn't have the time for this silly things (but it wasn't him to have the idea of the challenge????), the accountant of Cuneo (a little city near Torino), answered with more simpathy (not for me, obviously!!!).
"First of all, Fernando never said he is able to ride fast the bike (?) - said Briatore, and added - and in any case, as Rossi throws all those challenges, why not tennis, trout fishing or ride in the bag? Is always him who says to go fast with the car. I say he is 3 seconds slower than Alonso. Someone think that he is 2 seconds faster (who???). Free to think it, i'm speaking as a supporter..."
But Flavio, how it is? If someone says that with a little training could be on MotoGP podium, probably is convinced to be able with bikes, isn't it?
And Alonso said this thing...Lying and knowing to be lying (as he often does, but in a very special way), so the star Briatore went on: "Valentino always rided...with Ferraris".
The last phrase of our national Flavio is for the motor triathlon imagined by Valentino: "If Rossi really wants to do all those contests, I'm sure he won't have to work hard to find sponsors...".
Some ideas, mr. Briatore?
post #15 of 23 (permalink) Old 03-17-2006, 12:37 PM

Flavio Briatore is the team manager of Renault's F1 team and Alonso's manager for the time being.
post #16 of 23 (permalink) Old 03-17-2006, 01:26 PM

Alonso is just a big mouthed twat …who thinks he is all big because he is f1 champion!
i cant stand him he is so arrogant! i would love to see him on a bike
post #17 of 23 (permalink) Old 03-18-2006, 07:29 AM
RacerX85

That F1 sissy boy will be in for a rude awakening on a MotoGP bike. $10 says he runs it into the gravel.
post #18 of 23 (permalink) Old 03-18-2006, 11:34 AM

I bet he stops after a while citing issues with with motorbike or some other lame excuse to get out of it.
I've never been a fan of Mr. Unibrow, and in a way I slightly thankful for the current situation where I finally can voice my opinion/bitch at how much I don't care for him, his driving style etc. and how much I don't really see his talent for a reason, regardless of how much it has been rigged by the press.
post #19 of 23 (permalink) Old 03-19-2006, 02:14 AM

Rossi wants F1, insists Ferrari.

Ferrari technical director Ross Brawn says that he would like to have Valentino Rossi on the team next year, but a lot of factors would have to fall into place to make it happen.

In essence, the team is waiting to see if the MotoGP star really wants to switch sports after his extensive test programme with the team during the winter.

"It's very exciting," Brawn admitted, "He's a huge personality, and he did a very good job, so it will be a very exciting thing to have. But you've got to make sure it will work from both sides, and the excitement will fade very quickly if it's not successful. So it's very important that we want to do it, Valentino wants to do it, all the people want to do it, so it has a chance of success.

"I think, at some point during the year, Valentino has got to decide what he wants to do, and Ferrari has got to decide what they want to do."

As we revealed last week, Brawn says that Rossi's programme won't necessarily be compromised by Ferrari joining the testing agreement.

"I don't think it will be a factor that will make or break the decision," he confirmed in Sepang, "I don't think we need any more technical information. I think there's a whole human side which we need to discuss, so I don't think there's a way of making a decision now. But there's lots of other aspects to be considered.

"Do we need to be testing Valentino during this season? I think the answer is no, because I think there's enough technical information and he's done a very good job. As I said, there's a human element, and a political and commercial element, to take into account. That's what will have to be considered."

Brawn was also critical of Fernando Alonso's recent suggestion that Rossi will never be one of the sport's top drivers - a criticism that provoked the Italian into challenging his Spanish rival to a three-way shoot-out to prove who was best.

"I don't know how he judges it, because I can't judge it," Brawn said of the Renault driver, "He might be right, but I don't know how he judges it. Having seen his performance with so little experience, there's nothing that tells you that he cannot do that. There's nothing that tells you that he can, but there's nothing that tells you he cannot. So I don't think you can make that statement."

Alonso, meanwhile, turned down Rossi's challenge, claiming that he wanted to remain focused on his F1 title defence.
:jimmie
post #20 of 23 (permalink) Old 03-19-2006, 02:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by R1biker
I think so too... :corn

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sport Bike Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode