Racing MotoGP, WSBK, BSB, AMA, F1, WRC, DTM, NASCAR, etc...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 03-16-2006, 05:44 AM Thread Starter

Motogp : Denning: Honda wrote the 800cc rules...

Rizla Suzuki team manager, Paul Denning, is hoping that the new-for-2007 800cc rules will help shake up the established order in MotoGP - but expects Honda to start with some form of advantage after "pretty much writing the regulations".

2006 will mark the final season of 990cc four-stroke engine capacity, which was introduced in 2002 to replace 500cc two-stroke machinery. However, only three manufacturers - Honda, Yamaha and Ducati - have won MotoGP races since then, so will the 800cc rules provide a chance for Suzuki, world champions in 500cc, to bridge the gap?

"Yeah I think Suzuki would agree with that, because it is a new opportunity," Denning told Crash.net. "Honda will be well ahead - in that they pretty much wrote the regulations - so they will have had a bike ready to go when it first was discussed. But aside from that, I think everyone is pretty much in the same boat.

"There will be different technical solutions in terms of cylinder layout and configurations. So it's going to be interesting. I just hope that the 2007 season doesn't start with a situation where one manufacturer has a massive advantage over the others. I think with the technology involved now, my guess is it'll be pretty similar," he added.

Denning was also asked specifically about the development of Suzuki's 800cc racer - and if technology for the machine would be gradually 'phased in' on the 990cc bike, as raced this season by John Hopkins and Chris Vermeulen:

"Potentially yeah. There are certain technical aspects of Suzuki's bike this year which will definitely be used in the 800," the Briton confirmed. "The 800cc bike will hit the track, in prototype form, in Japan in probably June/July and then the grand prix riders will probably first run it in September or so.

"Both riders have two-year contracts, so we're looking for continuity and to develop the 800 as strongly as we can towards the end of this year. Basically, we'll use a fair bit of this year's machine but with obviously some fundamental differences in terms of weight, overall character and the way the bike works," Denning concluded

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 03-16-2006, 02:48 PM
7c Forever

I doubt that Yamaha will take kindly to Honda's attempts at domination, the others will probably stagnate tho.
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 03-17-2006, 01:09 AM

HRC had a V3 800cc bike Running over 18 months ago in Japan on there Test track

It's gone a bit quiet since and theres been no mention of it at all anywhere that i've been looking

Honda did push hard for the new 800cc limit . supposedley with the other Teams aswell

there was even a picture of the bike in one of the motorcycle mags it looked like a smaller RCV211

wot it looks like now is anybodys guess

coincedence that both the bike will be smaller and HRC signed Dani Pedrosa for the up and coming 07 season

06 is honda's last chance to beat Rossi on Equal Terms in the 990 class

next season in the 800cc class a lot of people expect the Honda bike to be the most developed

me i'm hoping Yamaha pulls something special out and Rossi has already shown that he can develop a bike and hopefully will still hand honda there ass

As to all the other Teams it's gonna be a very bad year if there only going to be putting there new 800cc bikes on the track later this season

there already way behind

the other thing is this season see's only 19 full time bikes on the grid and a lack of sponsors

next season could be a lot worse
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 03-17-2006, 09:42 AM
7c Forever

yup, down to a 15 bike grid next season I bet.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sport Bike Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode