Racing MotoGP, WSBK, BSB, AMA, F1, WRC, DTM, NASCAR, etc...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 03-20-2006, 05:45 AM Thread Starter

Edwards 'stands by' win claim.

Colin Edwards starts his second season with Yamaha this weekend at Jerez, hoping that continuity will help finally break his MotoGP win drought.

2006 will be the Texan's fourth season in the premier-class - after making his 2003 debut with Aprilia, then switching to Gresini Honda and then joining the factory Yamaha team - during which time the double World Superbike champion has taken three second place finishes and a further two podiums, with a high of fourth in the championship standings (last season).

But continuity, combined with lengthy pre-season tests - during which he has refined a 'new' riding style - have given the American a crucial platform for the new campaign, as proven by his form at the first official MotoGP test in Barcelona, when Edwards set the fastest time in the wet 'qualifying' session and drove away with a brand new BMW for his efforts.

"It's been a pretty intense few months testing and I am really happy that we've finally made it to the first race - this is where the fun starts!" smiled Edwards. "The great result at the Barcelona test was a massive confidence boost to me and a validation of all the hard work that everyone's put in, but we have to use it as a trampoline to bigger and better things."

However, just one week after Barcelona and Edwards - along world champion team-mate Valentino Rossi - came down to earth with a thud, as chatter problems left the factory M1 riders just seventh and tenth on the second official test timesheets at Jerez - venue for this weekend's Spanish Grand Prix season opener.

"As everyone knows, we had a bit of a setback at the Jerez test but I've said from the first time I rode the new M1 that it's a great bike and pretty much better in every way to the old one, so I have confidence that we will be okay come the race," claimed Colin.

"As for the season in general, I have said that I am ready to win races and I stand by that," declared the popular #5. "Of course, I've got to beat my team-mate and that's the hardest part! This is the first time in MotoGP that I've begun the season on the same bike and with the same team so I'm way ahead of where I have been every other year. I'm really looking forward to the new season!"
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 03-20-2006, 10:16 AM

Sweet. I'd like to see him win!! He has the tools to do it thats for sure now just to do something about that pesky fast italian.
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 03-20-2006, 06:17 PM
FAsT BOYS

:imwst
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 03-21-2006, 07:54 AM

Go Colin! I hope he does good this year and not just at Laguna...

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sport Bike Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode