Racing MotoGP, WSBK, BSB, AMA, F1, WRC, DTM, NASCAR, etc...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 12 (permalink) Old 03-26-2006, 01:13 AM Thread Starter

Rumor: Rossi to make announcement regarding F1 today

The Norwegian Eurosport commentators just said that it's rumored that Rossi will be making an announcement whether he'll go to F1 or not later today.

Also Eurosport has posted the following yesterday
Quote:
MotoGP champion Valentino Rossi says he wants to decide within the next three months whether to stay on two wheels or switch to Formula One. The Italian's contract with Yamaha runs out at the end of the year and he has tested several times with the Ferrari Formula One team.

"For both teams, I need to decide what I am doing in a short time, I think two or three months," the 27-year-old told the BBC. "Going in F1 will be hard on my private life. Already for me it's over the limit, so to think worse is difficult."

The charismatic Rossi, Italy's highest paid sportsman, has won motorcycling's top category for the past five seasons and begins the defence of his MotoGP title in Sunday's Spanish Grand Prix at Jerez.

Ferrari, with seven times world champion Michael Schumacher and Brazilian Felipe Massa as their 2006 lineup, are interested in Rossi. "We want to do it, he wants to do it, I think it would be a big success," Britain's Autosport magazine quoted technical director Ross Brawn as saying.
That bit about his private life is something I've mentioned before as a factor he'll has to take into consideration (and I don't want him to switch unless his heart is 100% into it, as the option is Ferrari anything less would be uhm not so cool). On the other hand, I can't say that I know much or care about the private lives of the current F1 drivers (other than Kimi loving to party: ) I guess it's different in Italy.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 (permalink) Old 03-26-2006, 01:15 AM
Ask the Chief

do F1 drivers really have that much less private time? vale is already followed pretty closely by the media.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 12 (permalink) Old 03-26-2006, 01:33 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by firehawk
do F1 drivers really have that much less private time? vale is already followed pretty closely by the media.
I have no idea, I just know that most of them either live in Monaco or somewhere secluded in Switzerland and that's about it. (and that Schumi has a cabin in Norway where he usually hangs out during winter but not this year) Unless they make public spectacles of themselves like Kimi did getting thrown out from a strip joint in London after getting a wee bit too drunk and starting to take off his pants. (I only know this because it's something a lot of people have had a whole lot of fun with)

Getting back on point, the tabloids don't care that much about motorsport here in Norway, unless it's Petter or Henning Solberg, but I suppose the tabloids in Spain, UK, Italy, Germany, Finland and France do spend some time prying into the private lives of the F1 drivers. After all it's all about the glamour for them (the paprazzi and tabloids)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 12 (permalink) Old 03-26-2006, 01:46 AM

I'm betting he goes to F1... he'll make more $$ there and that's what it's all about!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Knowledge will cure ignorance, but you can't fix stupid
post #5 of 12 (permalink) Old 03-26-2006, 02:53 AM
7c Forever

I don't think it's about the money, I imagine if he quit today, him and uccio could live the rest of there lives in a damned good lifestyle and be perfectly happy, He's not in it for the money, he's in it for the glory, and "for love of the sport" as MH would have said.
post #6 of 12 (permalink) Old 03-26-2006, 03:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Junior
...He's not in it for the money, he's in it for the glory, and "for love of the sport"...
Yep I think so too... :corn
post #7 of 12 (permalink) Old 03-26-2006, 03:19 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by valerossi
Yep I think so too... :corn
Me three.

By the way, your avatar is oddly fascinating.:
post #8 of 12 (permalink) Old 03-26-2006, 03:32 AM
7c Forever

I don't think that loose and floppy unit is gonna do you much good ffwf.
post #9 of 12 (permalink) Old 03-26-2006, 03:39 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
I've never thought the bits of an animated matchstick figure ever would but given your name perhaps that sort of size is what you're used to
post #10 of 12 (permalink) Old 03-26-2006, 03:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ffwf
By the way, your avatar is oddly fascinating.:
:

Quote:
:BS

You just wish you're hung like that too...
post #11 of 12 (permalink) Old 03-26-2006, 03:41 AM
7c Forever

LOL, O my, that's the first time my manhood has ever been insulted over the internet, and 2 of my good pals pile on, lol.

I'm justtrying to stay awake, I'm on my 3rd coffee, gotta stay up for the motoGP race, the 125 was good, 250's good so far. Val I need a hand with some software stuff later on so that everyone else can marvel my huge racing files.
post #12 of 12 (permalink) Old 03-26-2006, 04:15 AM

Quote:
...Val I need a hand with some software stuff later on so that everyone else can marvel my huge racing files.
PM me anytime man...

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sport Bike Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode