Racing MotoGP, WSBK, BSB, AMA, F1, WRC, DTM, NASCAR, etc...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 1 (permalink) Old 03-27-2006, 08:06 PM Thread Starter

Valencia WSBK test times - Monday.

Full World Superbike test times from Monday's opening day of the three day official test session at Valencia, Spain.

1. Troy Bayliss AUS Ducati Xerox 999F06 1min 35.22 secs
2. Troy Corser AUS Alstare Suzuki Corona Extra GSXR1000 K6 1min 36.08 secs
3. Alex Barros BRA Team Klaffi Honda CBR 1000RR 1min 36.292 secs
4. Noriyuki Haga JPN Yamaha Motor Italia YZF R1 1min 36.309 secs
5. Karl Muggeridge AUS Winston Ten Kate Honda CBR 1000RR 1min 36.327 secs
6. Lorenzo Lanzi ITA Ducati Xerox 999F06 1min 36.36 secs
7. Chris Walker GBR PSG-1 Kawasaki Corse ZX10R 1min 36.45 secs
8. Yukio Kagayama JPN Alstare Suzuki Corona Extra GSXR1000 K6 1min 36.725 secs
9. Andrew Pitt AUS Yamaha Motor Italia YZF R1 1min 36.74 secs
10. Fonsi Nieto SPA PSG-1 Kawasaki Corse 2 ZX10R 1min 36.808 secs
11. James Toseland GBR Winston Ten Kate Honda CBR 1000RR 1min 36.922 secs
12. Norick Abe JPN Yamaha Motor France-Ipone YZF R1 1min 37.075 secs
13. Steve Martin AUS Foggy Petronas Racing FP1 1min 37.075 secs
14. Regis Laconi ITA PSG-1 Kawasaki Corse ZX10R 1min 37.158 secs
15. Fabien Foret FRA Alstare Engineering Corona Extra GSXR1000 K6 1min 37.242 secs
16. Michel Fabrizio ITA D.F.X. Treme Honda CBR 1000RR 1min 37.256 secs
17. Ivan Clementi ITA Team Pedercini Ducati 999RS 1min 37.301 secs
18. Pierfrancesco Chili ITA D.F.X. Treme Honda CBR 1000RR 1min 37.369 secs
19. Marco Borciani ITA Sterilgarda - Berik Ducati 999F05 1min 37.374 secs
20. Roberto Rolfo ITA Team Ducati SC - Caracchi 999F05 1min 37.495 secs
21. Ruben Xaus SPA Sterilgarda - Berik Ducati 999F05 1min 37.553 secs
22. Max Neukirchner GER Team Pedercini Ducati 999RS 1min 38.084 secs
23. Shinichi Nakatomi JPN Yamaha Motor France-Ipone YZF R1 1min 38.122 secs
24. Franco Battaini ITA Team Bertocchi Kawasaki ZX10R 1min 38.16 secs
25. Vittorio Iannuzzo ITA Celani Team Suzuki Italia GSXR1000 K6 1min 38.198 secs
26. Lucio Pedercini ITA Team Pedercini Ducati 999RS 1min 38.69 secs
27. Lorenzo Alfonsi ITA Yamaha Motor France-Ipone YZF R1 1min 38.779 secs
28. Craig Jones GBR Foggy Petronas Racing FP1 1min 40.226 secs

2006 Corona Extra World Superbike championship leader, Troy Bayliss, continued his superb run of early season form by setting the quickest time on the opening day of testing at Valencia, Spain.

The test, together with the subsequent one at Misano Adriatico on April 12/13, has been slotted into the calendar schedule after the opening two rounds of the series by FG Sport to enable all the Superbike teams to reach peak preparation ahead of the remaining rounds of the 2006 series.

Ducati Xerox rider Bayliss showed more of his recent race-winning form as he lapped the 4.005 km Ricardo Tormo circuit in 1min 35.220secs, set during the morning session, to head the timesheets on the first day of action. His time was a full eight-tenths of a second quicker than nearest rival, and reigning world champion, Troy Corser.

"Everything went OK for me today," declared Bayliss. "The only problem is the track, which is slower than when we tested here in February because it's a lot hotter and windier. Even though we don't have anything major to test, I went well in the morning and was on the pace right away. Then in the afternoon the track was dirtier and I was unable to improve so we packed in half-an-hour before the end of the session."

Meanwhile, behind the top two, former MotoGP star Alex Barros underlined his growing threat by putting his Klaffi Honda within 0.212secs of Corser - but also fell heavily, sustaining considerable damage to his CBR1000RR.

A fraction behind Barros on the day one timesheets was the top Yamaha of Noriyuki Haga, with Winston Ten Kate Honda's Karl Muggeridge in turn a few hundredths from the Japanese.

"The first day has been pretty good for us. We made some adjustments to prepare our bike and results have come," said Karl, who has suffered a tough start to the 2006 season. "The problems I had during the Australian races are mainly gone and I am positive about the work we will be able to do in the next couple of days. I fell during the afternoon session because I expected the front tyre I was trying to be a lot better, but I guess I pushed a bit too much and found myself on the ground. Not a big problem as that was a quite slow turn and luckily I didn't hurt myself, which is the main thing."

Sixth on day one was Bayliss's factory team-mate Lorenzo Lanzi, while PSG-01's Chris Walker claimed top Kawasaki honours in seventh. Corser's Alstare Suzuki team-mate Yukio Kagayama, Haga's Yamaha Italia team-mate Andrew Pitt and Walker's team-mate Fonsi Nieto completed the top ten.

Meanwhile 2004 world champion, James Toseland, finished day one only 11th out of the 28 riders, and admitted he has plenty of work ahead.

"Today didn't go too well," admitted the Briton, who is currently second in the championship standings. "We worked hard trying many solutions in our settings but we didn't make any big progress. We are looking forward for the next two days of work to improve and reach a satisfying set up for the bike. I would simply like to forget about today and start over from tomorrow. I am sure we can be a lot quicker."

In World Supersport, Toseland's Winston Ten Kate colleague Sebastian Charpentier once again set the pace - the reigning world champion comfortably leading team-mate Kenan Sofuoglu, with Yamaha Italia's Gianluca Vizziello third.

Testing continues on Tuesday and concludes on Wednesday. The third round of the 2006 world championship also takes place at Valencia, on April 23.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sport Bike Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode