Racing MotoGP, WSBK, BSB, AMA, F1, WRC, DTM, NASCAR, etc...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old 05-28-2006, 07:29 AM Thread Starter

*** SPOILER*** World Superbike Race Results

Bayliss wins six in a row.

Xerox Ducati's Troy Bayliss has taken his sixth back to back win at the fifth round of the Corona Extra Superbike World Championship at Silverstone in the UK.

"Nori and myself have had some good races over the years and we had another one today," said Bayliss, "With three laps to go I nearly let it go. I knew Corser was out but in the end you still want to win races so I gave it another nudge and it worked out."

Second place went to Noriyuki Haga on the Yamaha Italia machine, who led for the bulk of the race and had quite a battle on his hands trying to fend off Bayliss. "I was enjoying riding with Troy. I don't have disappointment for this result for we don't find good setting this weekend but good to get podium so I am happy," commented Haga. "I didn't make mistake on last lap, but tyre was already finished and me finished also. Hungry a little bit, need lot of food for traction!" he smiled.

The final step on the podium went to James Toseland on his Winston Ten Kate Honda after an excellent start from fourteenth on the grid to seventh by the end of the first lap. The determined Brit just chipped away at his times and reeled in the front runners to take a very well deserved podium. "I just needed five more laps! It was my fault for not getting my finger out in superpole and putting it on fourteenth place on the grid," he lamented, "Corser crashed in front of me which held me up. I was remembering Qatar with Haga crashing and taking Kagayama with him, I would have paid a fiver for that to happened again!"

Ruben Xaus on the Sterilgarda Berik Ducati was back to his old self running at the front and challenging Bayliss for a podium finish. He managed to break the lap record twice during the race, setting a new one at 1min 26.785secs.

The race was action packed with a first corner pile up which kicked off when Troy Corser high sided on the way into Copse corner. The ensuing chaos saw Corser's team-mate Fabien Foret go down, along with Fonsi Nieto on the PAG-1 Kawasaki and Alex Barros on the Klaffi Honda. Barros had a very luck escape as his bike burst into flames and was coming straight at him, he had to get to his feet quickly and jump over his flaming machine!

The drama continued when Craig Jones of Foggy Petronas had a massive high side, "It was just one of those things," he said, "One of the Ten Kate machines went across the grass and rejoined. A rider in front of me throttled off and I rolled off too, got back on the gas and the rear suspension had unloaded and I just went down. It was a shame as I was in a decent place having missed the first corner carnage." Vittorio Iannuzzo got caught up in the crash and went down too.

The red flags came out at that point and although Jones did initially line up on the grid he opted not to race. Jones' team-mate Steve Martin suffered a technical on the nineteenth lap so neither Petronas made it to the finish.

Corser also lined up for the restart but crashed out at the final chicane on the first lap of the restart.

Tommy Hill on the virgin Mobile Yamaha had a steady run in the top ten for most of the race and finished in a creditable twelfth ahead of factory Ducati rider Lorenzo Lanzi.

Max Neukirchner's run of bad luck continued when he crashed out on the last lap having avoided the previous crashes.

WSBK race results (1) Silverstone:

1. Troy Bayliss
2. Noriyuki Haga
3. James Toseland
4. Ruben Xaus
5. Andrew Pitt
6. Chris Walker
7. Regis Laconi
8. Karl Muggeridge
9. Alex Barros
10. Norick Abe
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old 05-28-2006, 08:10 AM

Haga 2nd... :badg
post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old 05-28-2006, 01:30 PM
Resident Redneck

Send a message via Skype™ to Biga
Bayliss is a machine, guess he is finally happy now that he is winning again.

Wait a go Haga

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 05-28-2006, 03:16 PM

does Haga have traction control on that r1? it seemed the only advantage Troy had was later on in the race when tires where gone and traction control would come in handy. If I remember right the R1 has a pretty crude traction control system where the 999 is using the same system as the Duc motogp team.....ah I'm propably just biased and don't want to admit Haga got beat fair and square.
post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old 05-28-2006, 03:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitronori
does Haga have traction control on that r1? it seemed the only advantage Troy had was later on in the race when tires where gone and traction control would come in handy. If I remember right the R1 has a pretty crude traction control system where the 999 is using the same system as the Duc motogp team.....ah I'm propably just biased and don't want to admit Haga got beat fair and square.
You're just biased

Go Ducati, Go Bayliss
post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old 05-28-2006, 03:35 PM

lol
post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old 05-29-2006, 12:20 PM

haga is insane and I love how he was agressive in both races.

It was a pleasant surprise to see BSB Tommy Hill on pole. I have some great images of him.

and Xaus, it was great seeing mixing it up in race 1
post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old 05-29-2006, 12:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitronori

Can you verify your traction control statement regarding the GP traction system in the WSBK ducs. I doubt this as the Magnetti Marelli systems would prolly be different, as the bike are TOTALLY different.

That crude traction control system is prolly an eliptical quick turn throttle, believe it or not.
Also to be noted the day of traction control systems perse is not really true. Apparently they are mapping in the tractibilty into the bikes via fuel maps. Thus any questions of illegal traction control systems are moot. No way for the FIM to regulate that.

Actually all traction control systems are illegal in MotoGP as well but due to the vagueness of the rule it has not been cracked down on.

A recent write up from Toby Moody, MotoGP guy, discussed this specifically.

My mods are ghey...
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old 05-29-2006, 03:37 PM

the article that was mentioning both systems(Yamaha and Ducati) was in a rescent Motorcycle Racer. If I can find the article I will post some more info.
post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old 05-30-2006, 11:21 AM

I was hoping to see Nori take both races, but regardless both races were very exciting to watch since Troy never ran away with either one
post #11 of 11 (permalink) Old 05-30-2006, 12:33 PM
Ta Moko

Just watched both races,

Good going Haga

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sport Bike Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode