Racing MotoGP, WSBK, BSB, AMA, F1, WRC, DTM, NASCAR, etc...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 05-28-2006, 08:23 AM Thread Starter
Ass Cramp

Send a message via Yahoo to R6Flyby
Rossi Has A plan

VALENTINO ROSSI: ELEVEN WINS SHOULD DO IT!
After failing to score points at the last two rounds because of freak tire and engine problems, Rossi now trails series leader Nicky Hayden (Honda) by 43 points and lies eighth in the championship - his worst ever start to a World Championship season in any class. However, with a typical air of optimism based on confidence in his unrivalled ability, the Italian refuses to consider defeat at this early stage of the season and says this weekend is the ideal time to turn things around.

"Mugello has been very good to me over the past few years - it is a very special race and this season it is even more important than ever," admits Rossi. "I have had some incredible emotions there over the years and it is always a very busy weekend for me, but it is crucial that we maintain our focus on the job because we have to be at 100% if we want to win again. The new chassis worked well at Le Mans and we have some good data from the test to improve it at Mugello so I have reason to be confident."

If Rossi did go on to win the title this year he would be the first rider ever to do so having had only one podium finish in the first five races of the year. It is the kind of challenge he relishes. "We have had a lot of bad luck but I don't think 43 points is such a big gap when there are still twelve races left," he says. "It will be difficult to win them all but I will settle for taking eleven wins and one second place! When you look at what has happened to us this season, mostly things out of our control, I probably lost 25 points in France, 16 in China and 14 in Jerez so if it wasn't for all that I would be in a much better situation in the championship now. I think we showed our true potential last weekend and it is just a matter of our luck changing now. Mugello would be the perfect place for that."
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 05-29-2006, 12:12 PM

the next 12 races will be interesting to watch when it comes to Rossi. If he doesn't win the title, he will have to come back next year to reclaim it and then retire at the top.

that's what I'm hoping for ......lol
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 05-29-2006, 12:15 PM
The real Blue ranger

Send a message via Yahoo to R4Ltony
I'm not saying it can't be done, but is unlikely. If it does happen, it certainly would be a great comeback worthy of praise.

Quote:
If people don't regulate themselves, others will do it for them.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 05-29-2006, 12:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by R4Ltony
I'm not saying it can't be done, but is unlikely. If it does happen, it certainly would be a great comeback worthy of praise.

agreed, but then again that race where he was penalized and he had to come in and do a stop and when he returned to race he passed everyone and won by like 10 seconds..... how the hell does that happen???

however, if he doesn't title this year, next year baby, next year!
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 05-29-2006, 12:30 PM
The real Blue ranger

Send a message via Yahoo to R4Ltony
Did you know loosley translated, that Valentino= valiant one?

That's part of it..

My last name is Valenti=valiant

Quote:
If people don't regulate themselves, others will do it for them.
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 05-29-2006, 12:33 PM

for sure, as well as a great sportsman IMO

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sport Bike Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode