Racing MotoGP, WSBK, BSB, AMA, F1, WRC, DTM, NASCAR, etc...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-01-2006, 02:42 AM Thread Starter
BabyEater

Send a message via MSN to Lord_Phat
Arrow Vale to stick with Yamaha in 2007

http://www.mcnews.com.au/Riders/ValentinoRossi/2007_sign_yamaha.htm

Yamaha Motor Co. Ltd is delighted to announce that Valentino Rossi will remain with the Japanese factory in 2007, racing for a fourth year with Yamaha’s Factory Team in the MotoGP World Championship. Rossi will continue to spearhead Yamaha’s Grand Prix challenge and bike development, as MotoGP enters a new era of 800cc racing in 2007.

Rossi has enjoyed huge success with Yamaha since he joined the factory just over two years ago and every one of his races has captured the true spirit of ‘Kando’, the Japanese word for the sensation of intense excitement that we experience when we encounter something of supreme quality.

The Italian won the championship with the YZR-M1 on his first try in 2004 and again in 2005, when Yamaha took a clean-sweep of Riders’, Team and Manufacturers’ Championships in the year of it’s 50th Anniversary. 2006 has proved more difficult for the World Champion, with just one win so far this season after a series of unfortunate occurrences, but Yamaha has every faith that Rossi will recover his winning-form, starting at his home Grand Prix in Mugello this weekend.

Speaking from Mugello today, Yamaha Motor Racing Managing Director Lin Jarvis commented, “We are firstly delighted that Valentino has chosen to stay in MotoGP. He is a great ambassador for motorcycle racing in general and extremely important to the global image of this sport. He is the most talented and the fastest rider on the grid and the benchmark to which others aspire.

“We are extremely happy that Valentino has chosen to continue his illustrious MotoGP career with Yamaha in 2007. Yamaha and Valentino have an excellent relationship and we have enjoyed great success together since our partnership was born in 2004. It’s exciting news for Yamaha’s fans; Valentino’s worldwide appeal unites them under one banner and brings more and more people daily into the Yamaha ‘family’.

“Of course it’s of key importance to us that Valentino will now be in a position to lead the development of Yamaha’s new 800cc project for 2007. His input will be invaluable and we believe we will be able to challenge to win the title next year with the new bike. Both Valentino and Yamaha relish the new challenge ahead.

“In the meantime our short term goal is to provide him with the means to defend his MotoGP title this year. We are confident that Valentino can recover from an unlucky start to his title defence, starting at our Factory Team’s home race in Mugello this weekend.”

“I’m very pleased to be staying with Yamaha next year”, announced the 27-year-old from Tavullia, “These past two years with Yamaha have been two of the best of my career and I am extremely happy to stay with them and with my team. I believe I have made the right choice and I am very excited about the challenge of a new class of racing with Yamaha next year.”

awesome

prejudices are what fools use for reason

Last edited by Lord_Phat; 06-01-2006 at 02:44 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-01-2006, 04:35 AM
Faster and Better

Send a message via AIM to Hellbound Send a message via MSN to Hellbound
wooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-01-2006, 05:36 AM

Official: Rossi remains at Yamaha for 2007.

On the eve of his home Italian grand prix, Valentino Rossi and Yamaha have officially confirmed that the seven-times world champion will remain with Yamaha's Factory Team for the 2007 MotoGP World Championship.

After winning his third consecutive premier-class world title with Honda in 2003, Rossi sensationally left HRC to pursue a new challenge at 'underdogs' Yamaha - then shocked the motorsport world further by promptly winning the 2004 title on his first attempt with the YZR-M1.

The Italian defended his crown with relative ease last season - when Yamaha took a clean-sweep of the Riders', Team and Manufacturers' Championships in the year of it's 50th Anniversary - but the start of 2006 has proved much more difficult; Rossi having taken just one win from the first five rounds after suffering a combination of severe handling problems and plain bad luck.

That has left 'The Doctor' just eighth in the points standings - marking his worst ever start to a world championship season - but Ferrari technical director Ross Brawn believes that the tough start to 2006, plus new opposition from the likes of Dani Pedrosa and Casey Stoner, has provided the challenge Rossi was searching for - and was the main reason he recently turned down the chance of a Formula One drive.

"I'm very pleased to be staying with Yamaha next year," said Rossi of his new deal, which it is assumed is only for one year. "These past two years with Yamaha have been two of the best of my career and I am extremely happy to stay with them and with my team. I believe I have made the right choice and I am very excited about the challenge of a new class of racing with Yamaha next year."

2007 will thus mark Rossi's fourth season at Yamaha and - as the #46 suggested - bring the additional challenge of developing and then racing the factory's brand new 800cc racer.

"We are firstly delighted that Valentino has chosen to stay in MotoGP," declared Yamaha Motor Racing managing director Lin Jarvis, speaking from Mugello today. "He is a great ambassador for motorcycle racing in general and extremely important to the global image of this sport. He is the most talented and the fastest rider on the grid and the benchmark to which others aspire.

"We are extremely happy that Valentino has chosen to continue his illustrious MotoGP career with Yamaha in 2007. Yamaha and Valentino have an excellent relationship and we have enjoyed great success together since our partnership was born in 2004. It's exciting news for Yamaha's fans; Valentino's worldwide appeal unites them under one banner and brings more and more people daily into the Yamaha 'family'.

"Of course it's of key importance to us that Valentino will now be in a position to lead the development of Yamaha's new 800cc project for 2007. His input will be invaluable and we believe we will be able to challenge to win the title next year with the new bike. Both Valentino and Yamaha relish the new challenge ahead.

"In the meantime our short term goal is to provide him with the means to defend his MotoGP title this year. We are confident that Valentino can recover from an unlucky start to his title defence, starting at our Factory Team's home race in Mugello this weekend," he concluded.

Thursday's announcement comes eight days after Rossi turned down an F1 move and, like that confirmation, has almost certainly been timed to end speculation about The Doctor's future ahead of his home event.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-01-2006, 08:30 AM
No Crying Allowed

AWESOME.............. thanks for the post

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
|
|
|
|
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-01-2006, 08:52 AM

Wooohoooo!!!
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-01-2006, 03:11 PM
Resident Redneck

Send a message via Skype™ to Biga
That's great

post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-01-2006, 05:19 PM Thread Starter
BabyEater

Send a message via MSN to Lord_Phat
three hours later, and i get merged with that reposter?

prejudices are what fools use for reason
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-01-2006, 07:28 PM

WOOOOT WOOOOT. I've always been a yamaha fan because of my dad !!
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-01-2006, 08:43 PM
Ta Moko

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sport Bike Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode