Racing MotoGP, WSBK, BSB, AMA, F1, WRC, DTM, NASCAR, etc...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 35 (permalink) Old 06-04-2006, 06:09 AM Thread Starter

Arrow **** Spoiler **** Race results - Mugello.( Update )

1. Valentino Rossi ITA Camel Yamaha Team 42min 39.610 secs
2. Loris Capirossi ITA Ducati Marlboro Team 42min 40.185 secs
3. Nicky Hayden USA Repsol Honda Team 42min 40.345 secs
4. Dani Pedrosa SPA Repsol Honda Team 42min 41.617 secs
5. Sete Gibernau SPA Ducati Marlboro Team 42min 42.680 secs
6. Marco Melandri ITA Fortuna Honda 42min 51.403 secs
7. Toni Elias SPA Fortuna Honda 42min 58.609 secs
8. Kenny Roberts USA Team Roberts 42min 58.782 secs
9. Makoto Tamada JPN Konica Minolta Honda 42min 58.841 secs
10. John Hopkins USA Rizla Suzuki MotoGP 42min 59.431 secs
11. Shinya Nakano JPN Kawasaki Racing Team 42min 59.473 secs
12. Colin Edwards USA Camel Yamaha Team 43min 10.288 secs
13. Randy de Puniet FRA Kawasaki Racing Team 43min 16.808 secs
14. Chris Vermulen AUS Rizla Suzuki MotoGP 43min 21.322 secs
15. Carlos Checa SPA Tech 3 Yamaha 43min 35.866 secs
16. James Ellison GBR Tech 3 Yamaha 43min 52.997 secs
17. Jose Luis Cardoso SPA Pramac d'Antin MotoGP 42min 45.597 secs

DNF:
Casey Stoner AUS Honda LCR
Alex Hofmann GER Pramac d'Antin MotoGP

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 35 (permalink) Old 06-04-2006, 06:10 AM Thread Starter

Rossi strikes back with home Mugello win.

Valentino Rossi has kick started his troubled 2006 season with a dramatic home win over fellow Italian Loris Capirossi after a gladiatorial contest worthy of ancient Rome.

Capirossi's factory Ducati team-mate Gibernau converted his pole into a turn one lead and led much of the first half of the race, despite constant pressure from Rossi, while Loris fought his way bad from a poor start.

The Italian eventually caught Gibernau and Rossi just after the halfway stage, with Gibernau fading from the front soon afterwards following possible boot damage (caused by contact).

A mistake by Marco Melandri then removed one Italian from the lead group and as the final laps began it was a straight fight between Rossi (who at one point had dropped to fifth), Capirossi and championship leader Nicky Hayden with Dani Pedrosa and Gibernau following at a safe distance.

Rossi took the lead from Capirossi the penultimate lap, with the pair side-by-side as they entered turn one for the final time. But Capirossi ran wide and Rossi was able to sneeze back inside while Hayden was starting to hound the #65.

A perfect final lap then delivered Rossi his desperately needed second win of the season - and his first race finish for three races - after which the exhausted seven-times world champion parked in front of his adoring fan club and soaked up their applause.
post #3 of 35 (permalink) Old 06-04-2006, 06:28 AM
Resident Redneck

Send a message via Skype™ to Biga
Ya happy today R1Biker??? The coat was a good investment. lol

Rossi's day at last.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 35 (permalink) Old 06-04-2006, 06:40 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Biga
Ya happy today R1Biker??? The coat was a good investment. lol

Rossi's day at last.
... this time i didn't go for a smoke till the end ....
dam i'm happy now ...

Dam he's good... he let the throttle.. Went back to 5th ... and back to the top ...

Last edited by R1biker; 06-04-2006 at 06:43 AM.
post #5 of 35 (permalink) Old 06-04-2006, 07:04 AM

Is good look the ROSSI WIN .............
post #6 of 35 (permalink) Old 06-04-2006, 07:16 AM Thread Starter

Eurosport race article....

Valentino Rossi has described Sunday's Italian Grand Prix victory as one of his best ever after a gruelling 23-lap battle with Ducati's Loris Capirossi. The duo were on the limit, overtaking at will before Rossi eventually won by half a second with Honda's Nicky Hayden a second adrift in third.

The 2006 Italian Grand Prix will live long in the memory of Valentino Rossi, Loris Capirossi and any MotoGP fan who has the chance to witness one of the greatest races in the history of the sport, a race that could kickstart Rossi's fightback from a disaml start to the season.

The Italian arrived in Mugello with a 43-point deficit to championship leader and if he was to get his campaign back on track, then nothing less than a victory would suffice in front of his adoring fans. He responded in style by taking his fifth successive win at the Tuscan circuit in epic circumstances.

Rossi and Capirossi were expected to fight for the victory this weekend, but after the former made a great start to lead by the end of the opening lap, the Ducati rider made a dreadful getaway and found himself down in eighth position and a huge hill to climb.

The leading Yamaha rider attempted to get away but arch rival Sete Gibernau stayed with him all the way until Rossi made a mistake into turn one mid-way through the race, and within the blink of an eye, the Italian dropped from the lead to fifth.

"I tried to push hard at the beginning because Loris had a bad start but I lost the feeling a little and I decided to wait," Rossi explained. "I closed the throttle for half a second and I was fifth so I knew that I had to push.... "

At this point Gibernau, Rossi, Marco Melandri, Loris Capirossi Nicky Hayden and Dani Pedrosa were all in with a shout of winning the race until Capirossi, who went into the race saying he would either win or crash, took the lead, increasing the pace significantly.

Rossi sat in fifth for about two laps as he regathered his thought before launching his final attack. He scythed his way past Gibernau, Melandri and Hayden before giving chase on Capirossi who was riding the Ducati Desmosedici to its limit.

Melandri and Gibernau failed to keep up, resulting in the Italian running wide, while Pedrosa tried in vain to stay with the leaders before eventually settling for fourth. Meanwhile, Capirossi, Rossi and Hayden were putting life an limb on the line as the finishing line approached.

Capirossi led with two laps remaining but Rossi barged his way past thanks to a move that only the Doctor could make before putting in a storming final lap to win by half a second from Capirossi. Rossi celebrated by parking his M1, walked away and just stood there milking the applause as his friends appeared with posters of number 46.

"The start of the season has not been perfect for us, and today, the victory was the most difficult for me because Capirossi and Hayden were so quick," Rossi said. "I didn't know if it was possible to win because the bikes are so close and that is why this is one of the most epic battles for me."

The victory was Rossi's 55th in the Queen category, taking him one clear of Mick Doohan but still 13 short of Agostini, but was also his fifth in a row at the Tuscan circuit.

Capirossi was visibly dejected on the podium and the applause probably didn't match the effort that the Ducati rider had put in. However, Rossi, who arrived with the crowd ablaze, took Capirossi's hand and helf it aloft - the crowd went event wilder!

"My start was very bad and so I had no other option but to chase the race,' he explained. "I was able to get abck to the leaders and led towards the end but I had some problems with the rear in last five laps .

"I am happy to finish second, the battle was great with Rssi, which is great for the sport and great for the spectators," he added, "but I am also happy for Ducati and Bridgestone who are working so hard."

Nicky Hayden rode yet another perfect race but once again he came up slightly short. The Kentuckian, who leads the championship with Capirossi on 99 points, was visibly disappointed with the result.

"I thought I might be able to spoil it for them," he said. "Everyone was out for blood today and it was a great battle with everyone, but I didn't get it done. We came back after a bad weekend in France and I have to thank the team because they helped me a lot."

Marco Melandri lies third in the championship on 89 points with Dani Pedrosa fourth on 86 with rossi now fifth on 65, just 34 points adrift of the leader as the championship heads to Barcelona for round seven in two weeks time.

Last edited by R1biker; 06-04-2006 at 07:28 AM.
post #7 of 35 (permalink) Old 06-04-2006, 07:26 AM

Quote:
Eurosport race article....
R1bikerish at it's finest :r1biker
post #8 of 35 (permalink) Old 06-04-2006, 07:29 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by ffwf
R1bikerish at it's finest :r1biker
??? :
post #9 of 35 (permalink) Old 06-04-2006, 08:11 AM

:badg :badg :badg
post #10 of 35 (permalink) Old 06-04-2006, 08:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by R1biker
??? :
whatever dude keep telling yourself that.
post #11 of 35 (permalink) Old 06-04-2006, 08:17 AM
Dirt Rider :)

i missed the race i work too damn much
post #12 of 35 (permalink) Old 06-04-2006, 08:38 AM
meat popsicle

what do the point standings look like now? is this after mugello?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg untitled.JPG (11.8 KB, 70 views)
post #13 of 35 (permalink) Old 06-04-2006, 08:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaoTan
what do the point standings look like now? is this after mugello?
Yep... this is after Mugello... :corn
post #14 of 35 (permalink) Old 06-04-2006, 09:23 AM
RacerX85

Damnit Nicky!
post #15 of 35 (permalink) Old 06-04-2006, 10:28 AM
I dont inhale

i really thought val and capi were going to bury hayden, i not positive but i think nicky has not been that fast here before, its hard not to be happy about a third finishing so close to the italians but damn i want him to get another win

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #16 of 35 (permalink) Old 06-04-2006, 11:58 AM

What happened to stoner when his bike flipped ?
post #17 of 35 (permalink) Old 06-04-2006, 02:35 PM

It was an great race
post #18 of 35 (permalink) Old 06-04-2006, 02:50 PM
Ta Moko

Awesome race

I want to see the onboard cam vid?

post #19 of 35 (permalink) Old 06-04-2006, 03:20 PM

i was taking a nap....and boom for some reason i just woke up right when they started....its like my body forced me to wake up and not miss it
post #20 of 35 (permalink) Old 06-04-2006, 03:48 PM
Resident Redneck

Send a message via Skype™ to Biga
Looked like a high side, it was nasty but Stoner is OK.

Quote:
Originally Posted by racerX13
What happened to stoner when his bike flipped ?

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sport Bike Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode