Racing MotoGP, WSBK, BSB, AMA, F1, WRC, DTM, NASCAR, etc...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 24 (permalink) Old 06-04-2006, 04:23 PM Thread Starter

Talking ***Spoiler*** Gibernau confirms 'boot problem'.

Pole sitter Sete Gibernau was Valentino Rossi's biggest threat during much of Sunday's Italian Grand Prix - the Spaniard leading on several occasions before suddenly dropping from a close second to sixth with seven laps to go...

Gibernau then began to build his speed once again - and gained a position when Marco Melandri ran wide - before closing down fourth placed Dani Pedrosa over the remaining laps. The Spaniard eventually finished fifth, one-second behind the Repsol Honda rider and three-seconds from race winner Rossi.

After the race, it was confirmed that Gibernau had suffered the unusual problem of a damaged toe slider on his right boot - which meant that when his foot touched the asphalt during cornering a hole was worn, leaving the Spaniard with a bleeding little toe and forcing him to change his riding position.

Nevertheless, former Honda rider Gibernau - who set the second fastest lap of the race, just 0.060secs slower than team-mate Loris Capirossi - was simply pleased to have been battling for victory once again.

"We had a few moments out there but we had good fun and I enjoyed it a lot, it's been a while since I've been riding to win a race," smiled Gibernau. "I led a few laps, it was nice to be up there again and we fought good, so it was perfect. The team did a great job and Bridgestone did a great job too, they gave me a real good bike and tyres, so all credit to the guys, though the bike was a little wobbly on the main straight!

"When I had the problem with my boot it was difficult to adapt, it took two laps or so to adjust, then I came back. It was just a pity what happened with my boot, but that's racing. I'm starting to enjoy riding again and I'm beginning to really understand how to get the best out of the Ducati," he added.

"Sete showed once again that he's a great rider, without that boot problem he would also have fought for the win," insisted Ducati CEO and president Federico Minoli.

The Catalan Grand Prix, the most important of Gibernau's home events, will take place on June 18.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 24 (permalink) Old 06-04-2006, 04:45 PM
Resident Redneck

Send a message via Skype™ to Biga
I'm sorry, but that is the lamest excuse I ever heard. :jimmie

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 24 (permalink) Old 06-04-2006, 04:48 PM

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 24 (permalink) Old 06-04-2006, 04:50 PM
No Crying Allowed

could he not think of anything better OMG

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

|
|
|
|
post #5 of 24 (permalink) Old 06-04-2006, 04:56 PM
Ta Moko

Rossi never even mentioned Sete

Bloody toe

post #6 of 24 (permalink) Old 06-04-2006, 05:04 PM

damn it people, his little toe was bleeding....that's not something to laugh at.....I know Doohan was riding without a freaking leg basically but no one ever in the history of motorsports ever finished a race with a bloody toe....total respect lol
post #7 of 24 (permalink) Old 06-04-2006, 06:11 PM
Ask the Chief

always something.....isn't it.

post #8 of 24 (permalink) Old 06-04-2006, 07:36 PM
7c Forever

dude he meat grindered his toe. Ya it's always something, but I don't think theres any doubt that this one actually happened. Besides, with Rossi lately it has also been "always something"

HAIL TO THE KING!!

post #9 of 24 (permalink) Old 06-04-2006, 07:37 PM
BabyEater

Send a message via MSN to Lord_Phat
another bad hair day for poor sete

prejudices are what fools use for reason
post #10 of 24 (permalink) Old 06-04-2006, 07:48 PM
phil-osepher

Quote:
Originally Posted by Biga
I'm sorry, but that is the lamest excuse I ever heard. :jimmie
actually, it sucks. I was riding an R6 during an endurance race that wasnt really set up for me, and in one corner (over time) i managed to completely grind down my toe slider and wear a hole in the boot. Trust me, it gets freakin HOT and very uncomfortable. I ended up trying to adjust my line and pick my foot up from the peg during that turn. It probably didnt help that the pegs were stock, but I think Sete had a legit excuse this time.

post #11 of 24 (permalink) Old 06-04-2006, 07:55 PM
Resident Redneck

Hey, back in 93 when I was racing my mullet like Giberhoes was out of place a strand of hair blocked my vision, and I finished fifth.
You know Giberhoe has been coming up with so many BS excuses on why he is not winning that it's sad. A Spanish Biaggi.:jimmie

Get better boots with Ti sliders.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kneedragger77
actually, it sucks. I was riding an R6 during an endurance race that wasn't really set up for me, and in one corner (over time) i managed to completely grind down my toe slider and wear a hole in the boot. Trust me, it gets freaking HOT and very uncomfortable. I ended up trying to adjust my line and pick my foot up from the peg during that turn. It probably didn't help that the pegs were stock, but I think Sete had a legit excuse this time.

Last edited by Biga; 06-04-2006 at 07:59 PM.
post #12 of 24 (permalink) Old 06-04-2006, 08:02 PM

a pic for Gambler... Sete's hobbit feet...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg hobbitfeet.jpg (26.6 KB, 92 views)
post #13 of 24 (permalink) Old 06-04-2006, 08:06 PM
The real Blue ranger

Send a message via Yahoo to R4Ltony
Quote:
Originally Posted by valerossi

Quote:
If people don't regulate themselves, others will do it for them.
post #14 of 24 (permalink) Old 06-04-2006, 08:23 PM
Resident Redneck

That must have hurt having all that hair burning of your feet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by valerossi

post #15 of 24 (permalink) Old 06-04-2006, 08:26 PM
phil-osepher

Quote:
Hey, back in 93 when I was racing my mullet like Giberhoes was out of place a strand of hair blocked my vision, and I finished fifth.
You know Giberhoe has been coming up with so many BS excuses on why he is not winning that it's sad. A Spanish Biaggi.:jimmie

Get better boots with Ti sliders.
I hear ya, he has more excuses than a little bit. I'm just saying that the toe slider excuse was no bs. Over a 3 hour endurance race, a ti slider would have been roached anyways, there was just too much friction on the boot.:gun

post #16 of 24 (permalink) Old 06-04-2006, 08:32 PM
Resident Redneck

However we are not talking about a three hour endurance race here.

Are you a closet Giberhoe fan?, come on you can tell us.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kneedragger77
I hear ya, he has more excuses than a little bit. I'm just saying that the toe slider excuse was no bs. Over a 3 hour endurance race, a ti slider would have been roached anyways, there was just too much friction on the boot.:gun

post #17 of 24 (permalink) Old 06-04-2006, 08:53 PM
phil-osepher

Quote:
However we are not talking about a three hour endurance race here.

Are you a closet Giberhoe fan?, come on you can tell us.
I do find him sexually attractive

post #18 of 24 (permalink) Old 06-04-2006, 09:09 PM
No Crying Allowed

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

|
|
|
|
post #19 of 24 (permalink) Old 06-09-2006, 07:33 AM

i think that he actually had a problem at this time because if he hasn't he would just loose 1 or 2 places... But he desapeared behind...
post #20 of 24 (permalink) Old 06-09-2006, 04:41 PM

even if he makes up tons of excuses thats a legitimate reason.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sport Bike Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode