Racing MotoGP, WSBK, BSB, AMA, F1, WRC, DTM, NASCAR, etc...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 06-07-2006, 07:40 AM Thread Starter

Desmosedici RR To Make Appearance At Laguna Seca MotoGP Races

From a press release issued by Ducati North America

Cupertino, CA – After a highly anticipated unveiling at Mugello this past weekend, the Desmosedici RR will make its next appearance on American soil at the Red Bull USGP, held at the historical Laguna Seca Raceway July 21-23.

The exotic motorcycle will travel with the Ducati Corse Team and will be on display for invited guests in the MotoGP paddock. The Desmosedici RR will also make a brief appearance on the infield of Ducati Island during the race weekend.

The anticipation around the release of this motorcycle is significant, as it is the first ever street legal MotoGP replica. Immediately following the June 1 Mugello announcement, Ducati North America opened the customer ordering period via local Ducati dealers. In less than five hours, enough buyers had placed orders to cover the entire first year forecast for North American production.

Dealers reported customers doing anything they could to move their names to the top of the list when the order period opened at 10am. In an effort to secure a higher place on the reservation list, one customer purchased a Xerox 999R on the spot after discovering 999R owners receive priority on the reservation list through September 30, 2006. Similar scenarios were reported throughout the day as customers rushed to secure their own Desmosedici RR.

“Although we anticipated a high demand for the Desmosedici RR, we never could have imagined securing reservations for all of the 2007 North American production this quickly,” said Michael Lock, CEO of Ducati North America. “With the tremendous response to the Desmosedici RR, the news of an appearance of the bike at the US MotoGP and our team now leading the MotoGP series, Ducati certainly has a lot to celebrate at Laguna Seca!”

The MSRP of the Desmosedici RR is $65,000. The motorcycle is street legal and comes with a three year warranty and three years of included service maintenance. For more information on the Desmosedici RR, please visit www.ducati.com.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 06-07-2006, 10:32 AM

OMG at the desperation of people you'd think there was a famine/some sort of crappy Hollywood catostrophy movie come true and the Desmosedici RR was the only safe source of food.
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 06-07-2006, 03:38 PM
Resident Redneck

Send a message via Skype™ to Biga
Money talks, where is my bike already.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 06-07-2006, 09:21 PM
7c Forever

Quote:
Originally Posted by Biga
where is my bike already.
seriously?

HAIL TO THE KING!!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 06-07-2006, 09:35 PM

I knew it wouldnt be cheap but $65K! I guess i'll only see it in my dreams...

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sport Bike Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode