Racing MotoGP, WSBK, BSB, AMA, F1, WRC, DTM, NASCAR, etc...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 12 (permalink) Old 06-16-2006, 02:27 AM Thread Starter
7c Forever

Roberts leads FP1, yes way

and not by a small gap either.

edit a buncha times for syntax

HAIL TO THE KING!!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 (permalink) Old 06-16-2006, 03:49 AM

Sand is cheap in Spain, as there's a lot of sand that blows over there from the Saharah.
post #3 of 12 (permalink) Old 06-16-2006, 05:09 AM
Resident Redneck

Send a message via Skype™ to Biga
Roberts

Confidence buster for sure!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 12 (permalink) Old 06-16-2006, 05:27 AM

good news ..hope he keep the pace for FP2 in 30 minutes
post #5 of 12 (permalink) Old 06-16-2006, 05:28 AM
I dont inhale

go kenny go, americans kicken some serious tail in the first session!!!!

post #6 of 12 (permalink) Old 06-16-2006, 07:00 AM Thread Starter
7c Forever

still sandbaggin?

how about "go underdogs"

cheering for someone based on where they where born is pretty shallow.

HAIL TO THE KING!!

post #7 of 12 (permalink) Old 06-16-2006, 08:49 AM
I dont inhale

Quote:
Originally Posted by Junior

still sandbaggin?

how about "go underdogs"

cheering for someone based on where they where born is pretty shallow.
i cheer for everyone, but i have to admit i cheer a little harder for americans, its called american pride,

in italy they cheer more for the italians,, in spain for the spanish and so forth, i dont think its shallow

post #8 of 12 (permalink) Old 06-16-2006, 09:05 AM Thread Starter
7c Forever

I dunno, when I was racing I hit alot of "canada vs USA" events, and it was incredibly demoralizing to know that 90% of the people cheering for me wouldn't be, had I been born 200 miles south of where I was.

to me, I see it as just as shallow as cheering for a baseball player 'cause he's white as opposed to black, or vice versa, you get what I mean I'm sure.

riding style, personality, yadda yadda, things that a person is by choice and/or effort, not by birth.

HAIL TO THE KING!!

post #9 of 12 (permalink) Old 06-16-2006, 09:33 AM
I dont inhale

i see what your saying, i just dont agree, national pride is not the same as prejudice, i dont dislike people because they werent born in the U.S. i cheer for them becuase they were, if i did then i would agree with you

and actually its not even that they were born in the US for example if malladin went to the world level i would cheer louder for him, because to me he is an american racer, and super chavez wasnt born here either but to me he is an american racer,

post #10 of 12 (permalink) Old 06-16-2006, 09:39 AM Thread Starter
7c Forever

ya, I hear ya, I understand what you're saying.

to me, it's just.... not prejudice at all, just that I don't feel I should cut somebody a break just 'cause of where they where born. Miguel would be a great example, not my fav rider at all, he's to much of a cowboy for my taste, I respect him 'cause he's incredibly talented and will NEVER lay down, guy will fight like it's for his life every lap right to the bar, but he's not a strategist, and 'cause of that I'm not a fan of his, even tho he's Canadian.

But some of the guys he's run against I pull like hell for, like Doug Chandler, and yea, Mladin. Hard to pull for Mladin being a Hopper fan tho, alot of bad blood between 'em. anyways, I digress.

Chandler and Mladin are totally fan-worthy to me 'cause of the consistancy they display all the time, Chandler especially, that guy is incredible, could run 100 laps back to back within 0.01 of each other if tires and fuel would last.

anyways, I'm rambling now, sorry 'bout that.

HAIL TO THE KING!!

post #11 of 12 (permalink) Old 06-16-2006, 12:48 PM
I dont inhale

i always ramble, especially after a few shots of crown

post #12 of 12 (permalink) Old 06-16-2006, 01:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Junior
and yea, Mladin. Hard to pull for Mladin being a Hopper fan tho, alot of bad blood between 'em. anyways, I digress
I have issues with the "let's pick sides because so and so doesn't like so and so" (*cough* You and i have been over the Hopper vs. Nicky issue so guess we're done with it)

Case point, I like both Rossi and Sete. But I think both of them have dealt with the whole Qatar ordeal in the same manner chicks tend to deal with BS with the silent treatment and ostracising is on par with a highschool bitchfight. It's stupid and uncomfortable to witness. Ok you may not like eachother, but I sort of would appreciate it if both of them could be polite towards eachother.(you know shake hands and congratulate eachother superficially if they happen to be on the podium/top three grid slots together) Watching Sete run around with his tail between his legs like a submissive dog is not a fun sight.
What's the point?

What initially happened should have been dealt with and been over with at the time it took place, instead of having to linger and become this crap situation that has sort of become this cancer that has resulted in timeconsuming animosity between people (read: fans) that have nothing to do with the issue.
Spread the love dudes, hate is such a dumb thing to carry around. Save it for people that actually deserve it.

Sete seems like a nice guy to me, unfortunately his qualities get drowned out with purile namecalling and bs. And this goes the other way too.

Sure everyone likes a rivalry, personally I prefer an on track rivalry and off track chivalry.

Basically I think the whole ordeal brought out the worst of both.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sport Bike Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode