Racing MotoGP, WSBK, BSB, AMA, F1, WRC, DTM, NASCAR, etc...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 06-18-2006, 06:44 AM Thread Starter

*** Spoiler ***Motogp Catalunya Race Results

Rossi wins, Roberts podiums after Catalan chaos.

MotoGP world champion Valentino Rossi has beaten Nicky Hayden to win a chaotic Catalan Grand Prix - which also saw Kenny Roberts Jr put Team Roberts on the podium!

The race was restarted twice due to firstly a nasty turn one accident (see separate story), then Chris Vermeulen stalling just before the second start.

The third getaway saw Casey Stoner take an early advantage while Rossi worked his way from fifth to take the lead from the young Aussie on lap 9 of 24, with Stoner and fellow rookie Dani Pedrosa - who had charged up the field to fifth - both falling a lap later.

That left Rossi and Hayden to battle for the lead and Roberts and John Hopkins to decide third - with Rossi and Roberts breaking free to win those battles comfortably in the closing stages. The result marks the first podium for Team Roberts since they began building their own machines in the mid-1990s.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 06-18-2006, 11:43 AM

I haven't gotten to see the actual 1st corner incident
yet.... but it looks kinda spooky to me.

Remember that thread a while ago "hayden's fall from grace" was the threads name I think.... I wrote a bunch of predictions for this season.

I want to watch the race to see if my prediction happened.

here is the quote I originally said on 3-29

"Sete... he's got a bad case of Biaggi-itis. Once he gets flustered he's far too erratic to be a true factor other than a dark horse or spoiler. He'll probably screw over Capirossi at some point this year with a sloppy pass or maybe accidentally make them both crash out...trying to be the new star at Ducati."

I can't wait to watch this race.... oh and for this weeks predictions contest I got the first 4 exactly right...... I missed it by one!!!!
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 06-18-2006, 01:00 PM
I dont inhale

nahh i wasnt anythink like that, he just touched his brake lever to the back of capi's back and cart wheeled

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 06-18-2006, 01:15 PM
Resident Redneck

Send a message via Skype™ to Biga
Rossi ya
Great job Hayden & Roberts!

hope the fallen riders are OK

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by Biga; 06-18-2006 at 01:18 PM.
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 06-18-2006, 06:18 PM

4 of the top 5 were USA baby! That was a good race , glad that nobody was seriously injured

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sport Bike Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode