Racing MotoGP, WSBK, BSB, AMA, F1, WRC, DTM, NASCAR, etc...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 06-23-2006, 02:18 AM Thread Starter
7c Forever

FP3 results, and some thoughts

pic/chart isn't up yet and I gotta leave in a few mins.

Edwards is leading, Hayden second.

seems like Colin is really tearing up sections 3 and 4, while Honda HP is dominating sections 1&2 (Colin is still faster in those sections, just not as much so)

I'm noticing that the Honda's all seem to be late bloomers as far as set-up goes, we're all looking at FP 1 and 2 results and going "is today they day honda get owned?" and ofcourse it never is.

Of Valentino: he put in a whopping 3 laps, the fastest one was 13 seconds off the pace. Leaves me wondering if he'll even know his way around the track in qualifying. This circuit doesn't have alot of great passing opportunities, if Rossi Q's way down the grid, he might be in trouble.

of Bridgestone: we'll see what they have this afternoon, but as far as race pace goes, they seem to be right there, unable to bust out 1 lap runs like the michelins can, but Hopkins ran 10 laps back to back that where in the low 1:48's, which is about where I'd put the pace as being for the race, there'll be a rush of 1:47's at some point tho and I don't think any of the bridgestone boys will be able to hang with that.

of Ducati: Sucking the hind tit.... not surprising given that both of their star riders are busted and mangled. Odd tho that the hoffmeister is basicly in the same spot now that he has a factory ride.

of Rossi fanatics: It's great that in all the news of Rossi falling off, noone thought to mention that Elias broke his shoulder yesterday, he's back in Barcelona now, and it doesn't look like he'll be starting this one.

if somebody wants to help me out and post up the chart when it becomes available I'd be appreciative.

alrite guys, the $0.02 jar is going around, pass it to the left when you're done with it.

HAIL TO THE KING!!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 06-23-2006, 02:22 AM

i wonder what happened with rossi.
post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 06-23-2006, 03:12 AM
phil-osepher

after rossi's crash earlier, maybe he wants to put in a top 10 or top 5 and heal up for the next one

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 06-23-2006, 03:14 AM

From Crash.net http://www.crash.net/news_View~t~Fre...~id~132534.htm

MOTOGP News Friday, 23rd June 2006
Free practice times (3) - Assen.

Full MotoGP free practice times (3) from the Dutch TT at Assen, round eight of the 2006 world championship.

1. Colin Edwards USA Camel Yamaha Team 1min 37.215 secs
2. Nicky Hayden USA Repsol Honda Team 1min 37.405 secs
3. Randy de Puniet FRA Kawasaki Racing Team 1min 37.471 secs
4. Casey Stoner AUS Honda LCR 1min 37.661 secs
5. Shinya Nakano JPN Kawasaki Racing Team 1min 37.953 secs
6. Dani Pedrosa SPA Repsol Honda Team 1min 37.977 secs
7. Makoto Tamada JPN Konica Minolta Honda 1min 37.993 secs
8. John Hopkins USA Rizla Suzuki MotoGP 1min 38.124 secs
9. Kenny Roberts USA Team Roberts 1min 38.133 secs
10. Chris Vermulen AUS Rizla Suzuki MotoGP 1min 38.279 secs
11. Marco Melandri ITA Fortuna Honda 1min 38.331 secs
12. Carlos Checa SPA Tech 3 Yamaha 1min 38.444 secs
13. James Ellison GBR Tech 3 Yamaha 1min 38.466 secs
14. Alex Hofmann GER Ducati Marlboro Team 1min 38.811 secs
15. Loris Capirossi ITA Ducati Marlboro Team 1min 39.385 secs
16. Jose Luis Cardoso SPA Pramac d'Antin MotoGP 1min 39.626 secs
17. Ivan Silva SPA Pramac d'Antin MotoGP 1min 40.107 secs
18. Valentino Rossi ITA Camel Yamaha Team 1min 58.614 secs
post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 06-23-2006, 03:35 AM
I dont inhale

Quote:
Originally Posted by kneedragger77
after rossi's crash earlier, maybe he wants to put in a top 10 or top 5 and heal up for the next one

rossi cant aford just a top 10 especially if nicky wins the race, and with most of the guys hurting or off the pace, Nicky is the only one left that has been able to go fast consistantly even on worn tires

post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 06-23-2006, 04:04 AM Thread Starter
7c Forever

you're very right Vcyclenut, and looks like he'll get a front row start and there's no doubt he's got a killer holeshot.

only ones that I see being able to stop him are Colin and Dani.

edit: or himself, crashing out trying to ride beyond his means if he gets to caught up in looking for another win.

HAIL TO THE KING!!

Last edited by Junior; 06-23-2006 at 04:06 AM.
post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 06-23-2006, 05:23 AM
I dont inhale

[email protected]@ rossi has only ridden a couple laps in Q, this sucks i want hayden to win but not like this!!!!

post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 06-23-2006, 06:46 AM Thread Starter
7c Forever

ya, injuries suck, but hey, it's part of the game and championship is a long ways from over still.

besides, this is part of why I didn't mind making the bet, I'm happy either way, lol.

Cheers to that Mladin quote by the way, gotta give the guy credit for being honest and speaking his mind. Makes him be perceived as a knob alot of the time, but hey, atleast you know how he feels on the topic.

Qualifying..... wow, Hopper goes home sporting a Rolex, nice.

I watched it on the live timing, Colin, Hopkins and Pedrosa are in a world of their own as far as race pace goes, all 3 are knocking down consistant 1:37.5's and can push into low 37's. Very impressive. I dunno if Hayden will be able to hang, he was able to run 38flats and low 38's all day long, but I'm not sure it'll be enough. Especially qualifying on the second row. It might be an Edwards "check out and control it from the front" race. I imagine Pedrosa will charge and challenge tho, Hopper will be happy to catch a tow off of anyone he can. so long as he looks like a podium he'll be ecstatic.

HAIL TO THE KING!!

post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 06-23-2006, 07:38 AM
I dont inhale

hayden missed the front row by .003 thats crazy, he should have taken a piss before that lap, lol,

yea the race will be interesting, still, the one reason i still give hayden a chance though is he has stepped it up every week for the race, and been faster than in practice and qualifying,

yea when i read the maladin quote i was like that is f'n clasic

post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old 06-23-2006, 07:42 AM

It looks like any ground Rossi gained last week may be lost this week. Starting dead last (18th) if he even starts at all

Anyways, go Hopper and Hayden!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sport Bike Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode