Racing MotoGP, WSBK, BSB, AMA, F1, WRC, DTM, NASCAR, etc...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 06-23-2006, 10:56 AM Thread Starter
Resident Redneck

Send a message via Skype™ to Biga
Rossi Pulls Out of Qualifier

Injuries suffered in a Thursday practice crash forced Camel Yamaha's Valentino Rossi to pull out of Friday's MotoGP qualifying session in Assen, Holland. The world champion suffered hairline fractures to his right wrist and left ankle, along with chest contusions and a bruise on his right elbow. After riding around near the bottom of the order, Rossi pitted, then walked out of the garage with about 11 minutes to run in the one hour session.

ďThis afternoon I was able to test a bit, using some painkillers, but the fracture in my right wrist hurt a lot," he said. "Truly it was very difficult to ride. The hand is very swollen and I donít have much strength.

"Together with Marco Montanari and Doctor Claudio Costa we have done the best that was possible, Iíve had a lot of treatment and used painkillers and I was able to ride for a few laps. But the strong pain has stopped me from finishing the qualifying session."

To accomodate the lack of movement in his wrist, the team moved "the brake lever a little bit down and weíre now looking at the possibility of making a bigger brake lever to see if this is better for me, so we will try tomorrow,Ē he said.

As for the race, Rossi said, "Tomorrow we will see how I am and, depending on what happens in the warm-up, we will decide whether I will ride or not in the race. Anyway, itís going to be very difficult

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 06-23-2006, 11:09 AM

Data no good
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 06-23-2006, 02:45 PM
The real Blue ranger

Send a message via Yahoo to R4Ltony
He could do more damage by riding. I want to see him race, but not if it make the rest of the season worse.

Quote:
If people don't regulate themselves, others will do it for them.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 06-23-2006, 03:12 PM
7c Forever

Quote:
Originally Posted by R4Ltony
He could do more damage by riding. I want to see him race, but not if it make the rest of the season worse.

bingo, he's gotta think about the championship, it's in jeapordy, but there's time, if he hurts himself worse and misses Donny, maybe Saschenring? then he's in DEEP and has to count on Nick making mistakes.

as it sits he can still beat Nick if he just shapes up and returns to business as normal.

HAIL TO THE KING!!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sport Bike Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode