Racing MotoGP, WSBK, BSB, AMA, F1, WRC, DTM, NASCAR, etc...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 44 (permalink) Old 06-25-2006, 04:37 AM Thread Starter
Resident Redneck

Send a message via Skype™ to Biga
Rossi & Edwards

The following release is from Camel Yamaha:

EDWARDS MISSES OUT ON FIRST WIN AS ROSSI BRINGS HOME THE POINTS

Camel Yamaha Team rider Colin Edwards came within metres of his first MotoGP World Championship victory today after dominating the Dutch TT until a breathtaking finale at Assen. Starting from the front row of the grid Edwards led the way from the first turn and set an electrifying pace that only American compatriot Nicky Hayden (Honda) was able to follow. With two laps remaining Hayden closed in and made his first lunge for the lead, forcing Edwards off the track and onto the escape road.

The ‘Texan Tornado’ looked consigned to second place but he produced a stunning fight-back to pull level with Hayden on the final lap and retake the lead with just a few corners to go. When Hayden launched one last attack into the final chicane, only to run straight onto the gravel, Edwards seemed certain to win but there was one final twist in the tale as he ran onto the grass on the exit from the corner and lost control of his YZR-M1 machine, which threw him into the air. As Edwards slid to the ground within touching distance of the finish line Hayden returned to the track to snatch his first win of the season, leaving the Yamaha man to pick his bike up and limp across the line in 13th place.

Edwards’ Camel Yamaha team-mate Valentino Rossi also produced one of his best rides of the season so far as he battled through the pain of cracked bones in his hand and ankle to take the flag in eighth place. Rossi started from the very back of the grid after struggling to qualify with the injury he picked up during Thursday morning’s free practice session. However he made up ten positions in a brave ride to seal eight valuable championship points.

VALENTINO ROSSI (8th; +23.591)

“That was a really hard race for me but Doctor Costa, Marco Montanari and the entire Clinica Mobile team did a great job on my hand and I was able to race until the end. I was in some pain, especially at the start and I wasn’t able to ride at 100% of my ability, but it was okay. At the start I was worried how it would go, but when the adrenalin kicked in I started to feel like I could race and by the time we got to the midway point I was feeling much better and having some fun. I lost strength in my hand over the last three laps but I was able to hang on and we picked up some decent points in eighth place. The team have done a great job this weekend in difficult conditions. I wasn’t able to do many laps in practice so they didn’t have much data but the bike and the tyres felt great so I have to say a big thanks to everybody. I feel very sorry for Colin – he rode a great race and he was unlucky to make the mistake at the end because he deserved to win.”

COLIN EDWARDS (13th; +40.412)

“What can I say? Obviously I’m really disappointed because I know I should have won that race. The bike felt great from the start and I was really enjoying riding it out there. I knew my pace in practice would be hard for the other guys to cope with and that’s how it proved to be. I got the start I wanted and just kept my head down, doing those times. When Nicky came up inside me two laps from the end he left the pass pretty late and there was nowhere for me to turn the bike into. I had to go straight and luckily it was at a point of the track where I could run back on again. I was determined not to lose hold of him and just gave it everything to give myself a chance on the last lap. I got past him and then tried to keep a really defensive line out of the final corner – I had no idea Nicky had run onto the gravel otherwise I wouldn’t have needed to do it. Unfortunately I ran it a bit too tight onto the grass and the rear just spun up as I opened the throttle and it threw me off. I’m gutted but fair play to Nicky, it was a great race.”

DAVIDE BRIVIO – CAMEL YAMAHA TEAM DIRECTOR

“It was a great race and Colin missed out on the win by just a few metres. It’s disappointing because we could already taste the victory champagne and we didn’t expect that final twist. He made some wonderful moves on the last lap and he didn’t deserve to go down like that, but that’s racing! Valentino also rode brilliantly today, surprising everybody once again with his mental and physical strength. As a team we are very proud of both our riders today.”

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 44 (permalink) Old 06-25-2006, 07:28 AM

Such a shame for Edwards he deserved this win!

Rossi was amazing once again!

Now we are at -46... It's a long way but i keep my faith!
post #3 of 44 (permalink) Old 06-25-2006, 10:52 AM
Glad thats over

I hope Hayden smashes Rossi, for the rest of the season LMFAO!!!!!!!!!!! HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAH Bitches
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 44 (permalink) Old 06-25-2006, 11:42 AM Thread Starter
Resident Redneck

WOW, great first post!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackson2180
I hope Hayden smashes Rossi, for the rest of the season LMFAO!!!!!!!!!!! HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAH Bitches

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #5 of 44 (permalink) Old 06-25-2006, 01:28 PM
No Crying Allowed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Biga
WOW, great first post!!!!
:imwst :corn

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

|
|
|
|
post #6 of 44 (permalink) Old 06-25-2006, 02:07 PM

Quote:
That's amazing.:corn
post #7 of 44 (permalink) Old 06-25-2006, 04:27 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Future member of the Motomummy banned camp club....

post #8 of 44 (permalink) Old 06-25-2006, 04:29 PM
Advanced Member

On a different note, Biga, I have to say I am a little pissed at you for the titles to your two posts today. It totally gave away the race. Next time.....

post #9 of 44 (permalink) Old 06-25-2006, 05:29 PM
Faster and Better

Send a message via AIM to Hellbound Send a message via MSN to Hellbound
Quote:
um ok....... idiot
post #10 of 44 (permalink) Old 06-25-2006, 06:12 PM

Man I wish I got speed.
post #11 of 44 (permalink) Old 06-25-2006, 06:20 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackjack
Man I wish I got speed.
Man, if you don't get SPEED where you live you need to move!!!! I have a room for rent$$$$

post #12 of 44 (permalink) Old 06-25-2006, 06:27 PM
RacerX85

After watching the race...I just have to say that Nicky finally has found his balls. That last move was badass and totally pysched Edwards out.
post #13 of 44 (permalink) Old 06-25-2006, 07:39 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RacerX85
After watching the race...I just have to say that Nicky finally has found his balls. That last move was badass and totally pysched Edwards out.
I don't know....not hating on Hayden but I think he was just as surprised by what happened. They both almost handed and win to Nakano (which I would love to have seen.)

post #14 of 44 (permalink) Old 06-25-2006, 07:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RacerX85

I finally got to watch it this afternoon too, happened a lot differently than what I had thought from reading various reports on the race, and I agree. That last move when he was coming in on the outside , he didn't come in too hot ( not saying if Colin didn't choke on the extremely too late brake to try and prevent that once he saw it ) what seemed to me is Colin thought OH SHIT and simply waited tooo long to break , trying to guard the outside line. Hats off to both riders , that was a battle, and massive props to Nicky , it was a well deserved win.
post #15 of 44 (permalink) Old 06-25-2006, 07:58 PM

A bit of a Pink Floyd fan there Enigma? That image would convince most of us....
post #16 of 44 (permalink) Old 06-25-2006, 08:12 PM
The real Blue ranger

Send a message via Yahoo to R4Ltony
I had to rewind the incident to make sure Nicky didn't run Colin of the track. It was just a lucky break for Nicky, cause he was gonna get second. But, it is racing, and a win is a win. Go Nicky!

Quote:
If people don't regulate themselves, others will do it for them.
post #17 of 44 (permalink) Old 06-26-2006, 03:27 AM Thread Starter
Resident Redneck

OK next time I will be more careful.
But Honda's Take on Assen to me meant the riders talking about what happened during the race. Not that Honda swept the podium. And as far as this thread goes you knew that Rossi nor Edwards finished on the podium. You-> <- Me

On a side note : What are you doing checking the Racing Section on the Mummy before watching the race. Most everybody knows that the Mummy is regularly updated. :

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enigma
On a different note, Biga, I have to say I am a little pissed at you for the titles to your two posts today. It totally gave away the race. Next time.....

post #18 of 44 (permalink) Old 06-26-2006, 05:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by clarckent
Such a shame for Edwards he deserved this win!

Rossi was amazing once again!

Now we are at -46... It's a long way but i keep my faith!

Why does anyone deserve to win???????

I think they both ran a very good race and it was left to the one that had the best skill at the end. Colin just made an unfortunate mistake at the end and ate the gravel! Nicky was the stalker and rode a great race. I never thought I would see the day when I cheered for Nicky instead of Colin. It was great to see both Americans up there fighting for the lead! It's been along time since that has happened.....................

I hope Vale can recover before the next "Q" so he can make it a nail biter at the end of the season! I want to see if can Nicky hold it together with the World Champion on his tail with a few races to go in the season. Although he has been impressive this season.

When Colin made that charge on Nicky on the last lap.....WOW !!!!!! That was an amazing ride there and it really sucked to see him get off at the end!
post #19 of 44 (permalink) Old 06-26-2006, 06:07 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitronori
A bit of a Pink Floyd fan there Enigma? That image would convince most of us....
No, why would you ask?!?!?

Yes, actually I can't get enough of them. I know they aren't going to get together as the pink floyd everyone knows (Gilmour, Waters, Mason, and Wright.) But I would be very happy for them to put something out again without Waters. But oh well, back on subject.

post #20 of 44 (permalink) Old 06-26-2006, 06:16 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Biga
OK next time I will be more careful.
But Honda's Take on Assen to me meant the riders talking about what happened during the race. Not that Honda swept the podium. And as far as this thread goes you knew that Rossi nor Edwards finished on the podium. You-> <- Me

On a side note : What are you doing checking the Racing Section on the Mummy before watching the race. Most everybody knows that the Mummy is regularly updated. :
The honda thread did not give it away for me as much as the "edwards gutted thread." No BIGA deal...

Peace

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sport Bike Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode