Racing MotoGP, WSBK, BSB, AMA, F1, WRC, DTM, NASCAR, etc...

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 87 (permalink) Old 06-30-2006, 03:30 AM Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 2,768
   
***SPOILER *** Free Practice - Qualifying times + Race Results - Donington Park.

1. Dani Pedrosa SPA Repsol Honda Team 1min 29.412 secs
2. Casey Stoner AUS Honda LCR 1min 29.437 secs
3. Marco Melandri ITA Fortuna Honda 1min 29.480 secs
4. Colin Edwards USA Camel Yamaha Team 1min 29.577 secs
5. John Hopkins USA Rizla Suzuki MotoGP 1min 29.594 secs
6. Shinya Nakano JPN Kawasaki Racing Team 1min 29.657 secs
7. Kenny Roberts Jr USA Team Roberts 1min 29.786 secs
8. Loris Capirossi ITA Ducati Marlboro Team 1min 29.798 secs
9. Valentino Rossi ITA Camel Yamaha Team 1min 29.980 secs
10. Nicky Hayden USA Repsol Honda Team 1min 30.399 secs
11. Randy de Puniet FRA Kawasaki Racing Team 1min 30.453 secs
12. Makoto Tamada JPN Konica Minolta Honda 1min 30.461 secs
13. Chris Vermulen AUS Rizla Suzuki MotoGP 1min 30.799 secs
14. Carlos Checa SPA Tech 3 Yamaha 1min 30.858 secs
15. Alex Hofmann GER Ducati Marlboro Team 1min 31.503 secs
16. Michel Fabrizio ITA Fortuna Honda 1min 32.253 secs
17. James Ellison GBR Tech 3 Yamaha 1min 32.445 secs
18. Jose Luis Cardoso SPA Pramac d'Antin MotoGP 1min 34.091 secs
19. Ivan Silva SPA Pramac d'Antin MotoGP 1min 34.334 secs


2005 British Grand Prix - 12/06/2005:
Pole position: Valentino Rossi ITA Gauloises Yamaha 1min 27.897secs
Fastest lap: Valentino Rossi ITA Gauloises Yamaha 1min 45.377secs (wet)
R1biker is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 87 (permalink) Old 06-30-2006, 03:31 AM
Faster and Better
 
Hellbound's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: San Diego
Posts: 4,560
 
Send a message via AIM to Hellbound Send a message via MSN to Hellbound
Pedrosa is doing a good job this year. Just hoping things start turning around for Rossi to make it close in the end.
Hellbound is offline  
post #3 of 87 (permalink) Old 06-30-2006, 03:40 AM Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 2,768
   
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellbound
Pedrosa is doing a good job this year. Just hoping things start turning around for Rossi to make it close in the end.
Hope so 2 ....
Put it this way ... if Rossi did not have these bad luck .... he will be leading .. cause i don't think anyone yet is ready to give him a hard time .... but you know its racing and some people pray for others to have bad luck to win :laugh cause its the only way i guess ... and if they wanna win the championship they better keep praying !!


R1biker is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #4 of 87 (permalink) Old 06-30-2006, 03:42 AM
Faster and Better
 
Hellbound's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: San Diego
Posts: 4,560
 
Send a message via AIM to Hellbound Send a message via MSN to Hellbound
Hayden has been pretty consistant. Always in the top. Things are changing for him. We shall see if he falls apart or not later on in the season.
Hellbound is offline  
post #5 of 87 (permalink) Old 06-30-2006, 03:55 AM Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 2,768
   
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellbound
Hayden has been pretty consistant. Always in the top. Things are changing for him. We shall see if he falls apart or not later on in the season.
For sure he is consistat .. he is a great rider .. young and full of potential ... but i 'll be honest ... he can't beat Rossi Without DNF .. therefore this year might be his year cause ... he knows ....he won't get many chances like this while Rossi still in the picture ..
Sad but true !
R1biker is offline  
post #6 of 87 (permalink) Old 06-30-2006, 07:04 AM
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Posts: 1,623
 
They've both been in the same amount of races this year, and so far Nicky's winning. It's far from over, but it is what it is. Rossi's had some bad results - that's racing. Bike failure , tire problem , racing. On the other hand , if you were to take the results of Rossi and of Nicky and switch them, people wouldn't be blaming the bike or the tires , or bad luck , they'd be blaming Nicky and chanting " he's done in motogp " bla bla bla. So, while I like Rossi and his riding style and his personality, he's getting beat this year so far, because he's been out performed this year so far

Nicky's leading the points right now because up to this point he's been the best rider on the track

just my .02
Saint is offline  
post #7 of 87 (permalink) Old 06-30-2006, 07:31 AM Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 2,768
   
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saint
if you were to take the results of Rossi and of Nicky and switch them, people wouldn't be blaming the bike or the tires , or bad luck , they'd be blaming Nicky and chanting " he's done in motogp " bla bla bla.
i don't think people would be blaming Nicky if this happens ...
i will tell you why Rossi is Rossi and Nicky is Nicky ..
Nicky never won a Championship and i mean winning not praying to not have all the good riders riding ... (he’s trying) so to me he did not prove much yet ... (hope one day because he has potential)

on the other hand you dealing with a 7 time world champion ...
with his bad luck and tire issue and accident ... when he raced this season from 1 to 24 laps ... Nicky was left behind and could it do much ... and trust me .. Will remain like this (except maybe lacuna seca)... The only time I’ve seen Nicky winning '' Most of the time '' is when Rossi is DNF or Kicked out by Elias, Tire.. Or Engine problem ... when he goes head to head with Rossi we all know the outcome.. and one more thing .. Last race if it was Rossi instead of Edward on the last Lap the outcome most likely will be different...


to me these 2 are orange and apple

Quote:
he's getting beat this year so far, because he's been out performed this year so far

Nicky's leading the points right now because up to this point he's been the best rider on the track
The term of been beaten is when you race head to head and you beat someone ... not when that someone his bike broke down or sitting on the bench.. then u claim that you won ... lol
Yes on paper you won.. And yes u don't care a win is win .. and you will take anything to win a champion ... but a true racer.. Knows wining.. Means u have to beat the best '' the champ’’ while riding not sitting on the bench.. (Hope u got my point) ... so i don't see were exactly he outperformed Rossi.. i would love to see this ...

Being the best rider on the track === > don't think so.. Not when Rossi is riding ... he is second best maybe...!!


Last edited by R1biker; 06-30-2006 at 08:31 AM.
R1biker is offline  
post #8 of 87 (permalink) Old 06-30-2006, 07:43 AM
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Posts: 14,712
  
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saint
They've both been in the same amount of races this year, and so far Nicky's winning. It's far from over, but it is what it is. Rossi's had some bad results - that's racing. Bike failure , tire problem , racing. On the other hand , if you were to take the results of Rossi and of Nicky and switch them, people wouldn't be blaming the bike or the tires , or bad luck , they'd be blaming Nicky and chanting " he's done in motogp " bla bla bla. So, while I like Rossi and his riding style and his personality, he's getting beat this year so far, because he's been out performed this year so far

Nicky's leading the points right now because up to this point he's been the best rider on the track

just my .02
I'm sorry, but I have to disagree with you...

If you look at the 8 races so far, for Rossi, 3 of them were really technical failures, 1 of them he was actually leading by many seconds before the bike failed...

1 of the 8 races, Rossi was really injuired, he couldn't even complete the qualifying...

Now, the other 4 races where he didn't have any technical or injuiry problems, he WON 3 of them...

Not trying to make excuses for Rossi, but I'm just analysing the races... if Nicky has won at least 2 of those 4 races where Rossi didn't have any problem, then I would agree with what you said... however Nicky didn't even win 1 of those 4 races...

I think Rossi is still the man to beat in a full race length...



lol I think R1Biker beats me to it... :
valerossi is offline  
post #9 of 87 (permalink) Old 06-30-2006, 07:51 AM
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Posts: 1,623
 
The guys that figured out the points awarded for races in MotoGP appear to disagree with you on who's the best rider so far this year.

Also , do you notice most people give an advantage to Rossi when they talk about anyplace other than Laguna ? Why is that ? It's because Laguna is the only place where Nicky has more experience on the track than Rossi. So then let's put them both on a level playing field , where it's a new track that neither has more experience on than the other one, what do you think would happen ?

( and don't get me wrong , as far as I'm concerned , Rossi is the best to ever throw a leg over , and not even everybody here agrees with that )

Well , let's look at what has happend already , Here's a list of tracks and results , where either the track was a new track for everyone or redesigned , therefore making it a new track for everyone :


QATAR, 2004:

1. Gibernau
2. Edwards
3. Xaus
5. Hayden
DNF Rossi
-----------------
Turkey, 2005:

1. Melandri
2. Rossi
3. Hayden
-----------------

Shanghai, 2005: (WET)

1. Rossi
2. Jaqueus
3. Melandri
9. Hayden
-----------------

Qatar, 2005:

1. Rossi
2. Melandri
3. Hayden
-----------------

Qatar, 2006:

1. Rossi
2. Hayden
3. Capirossi
-----------------

Turkey 2006:

1. Melandri
2. Stoner
3. Hayden
4. Rossi
-----------------

Shanghai, 2006:

1. Pedrosa
2. Hayden
3. Edwards
DNF - Rossi
-----------------

Assen, 2006

1. Hayden
2. Nakano
3. Pedrosa
8. Rossi
----------------



I think Nicky's already proved he's one of the best racers in the world , his results speak for themselves. The sad part is , Rossi being such a dominant force for so long has spoiled us on what's perceived to be a great racer. Nicky's improving and is doing good.He jumped straight from AMA to MotoGP for a reason. He IS a bad ass rider. Respect to him for that is all he gets from me.
Saint is offline  
post #10 of 87 (permalink) Old 06-30-2006, 07:59 AM
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 3,325
   
Just a FYI, Rossi is a fan of Dani's
ffwf is offline  
post #11 of 87 (permalink) Old 06-30-2006, 08:28 AM Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 2,768
   
Quote:
Originally Posted by ffwf
Just a FYI, Rossi is a fan of Dani's
And i'm a big fan of santa claus
R1biker is offline  
post #12 of 87 (permalink) Old 06-30-2006, 08:29 AM Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 2,768
   
Free Practice 2:

1. Dani Pedrosa SPA Repsol Honda Team 1min 28.970 secs
2. John Hopkins USA Rizla Suzuki MotoGP 1min 29.025 secs
3. Casey Stoner AUS Honda LCR 1min 29.064 secs
4. Marco Melandri ITA Fortuna Honda 1min 29.196 secs
5. Shinya Nakano JPN Kawasaki Racing Team 1min 29.275 secs
6. Colin Edwards USA Camel Yamaha Team 1min 29.379 secs
7. Valentino Rossi ITA Camel Yamaha Team 1min 29.416 secs
8. Kenny Roberts Jr USA Team Roberts 1min 29.544 secs
9. Nicky Hayden USA Repsol Honda Team 1min 29.557 secs
10. Loris Capirossi ITA Ducati Marlboro Team 1min 29.798 secs*
11. Makoto Tamada JPN Konica Minolta Honda 1min 29.806 secs
12. Carlos Checa SPA Tech 3 Yamaha 1min 29.842 secs
13. Chris Vermulen AUS Rizla Suzuki MotoGP 1min 29.941 secs
14. Randy de Puniet FRA Kawasaki Racing Team 1min 30.342 secs
15. Alex Hofmann GER Ducati Marlboro Team 1min 30.387 secs
16. Michel Fabrizio ITA Fortuna Honda 1min 30.762 secs
17. James Ellison GBR Tech 3 Yamaha 1min 31.306 secs
18. Ivan Silva SPA Pramac d'Antin MotoGP 1min 32.524 secs
19. Jose Luis Cardoso SPA Pramac d'Antin MotoGP 1min 32.576 secs
R1biker is offline  
post #13 of 87 (permalink) Old 06-30-2006, 08:31 AM
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Posts: 1,623
 
whoooooooooo , looks like Pedrosa is getting set for win number 2
Saint is offline  
post #14 of 87 (permalink) Old 06-30-2006, 08:46 AM
Faster and Better
 
Hellbound's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: San Diego
Posts: 4,560
 
Send a message via AIM to Hellbound Send a message via MSN to Hellbound
just imagine if Nicky won the title this year with only 1 first place lol. that would be insane.
Hellbound is offline  
post #15 of 87 (permalink) Old 06-30-2006, 08:46 AM
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 3,325
   
Quote:
Originally Posted by R1biker
And i'm a big fan of santa claus
Well it's true.

But I'm glad you don't sway your opinion based on that of others

Whee for Dani-Wan. I'm hoping he'll be able to pick up his 2nd #1 this weekend.

And I hope Melandri qualis a bit down the list from anyone that have the pace to win because it appears Melandri has "Human chicane" qualities. (been apparent at a few races now that he's putting on quite a block show where people have to fight pretty hard to get by him only for them to ease up the field as soon as they've passed him where he has not been able to follow)

I doubt for a minute that Rossi will be able to do very well, but how well, well that remains to be seen.:
ffwf is offline  
post #16 of 87 (permalink) Old 06-30-2006, 08:56 AM
Faster and Better
 
Hellbound's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: San Diego
Posts: 4,560
 
Send a message via AIM to Hellbound Send a message via MSN to Hellbound
Wait a min, you say santa claus. Just look what happens when Biga finds out about Santa

Hellbound is offline  
post #17 of 87 (permalink) Old 06-30-2006, 09:09 AM
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Posts: 14,712
  
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saint
The guys that figured out the points awarded for races in MotoGP appear to disagree with you on who's the best rider so far this year.

Also , do you notice most people give an advantage to Rossi when they talk about anyplace other than Laguna ? Why is that ? It's because Laguna is the only place where Nicky has more experience on the track than Rossi. So then let's put them both on a level playing field , where it's a new track that neither has more experience on than the other one, what do you think would happen ?

( and don't get me wrong , as far as I'm concerned , Rossi is the best to ever throw a leg over , and not even everybody here agrees with that )

Well , let's look at what has happend already , Here's a list of tracks and results , where either the track was a new track for everyone or redesigned , therefore making it a new track for everyone :


QATAR, 2004:

1. Gibernau
2. Edwards
3. Xaus
5. Hayden
DNF Rossi
-----------------
Turkey, 2005:

1. Melandri
2. Rossi
3. Hayden
-----------------

Shanghai, 2005: (WET)

1. Rossi
2. Jaqueus
3. Melandri
9. Hayden
-----------------

Qatar, 2005:

1. Rossi
2. Melandri
3. Hayden
-----------------

Qatar, 2006:

1. Rossi
2. Hayden
3. Capirossi
-----------------

Turkey 2006:

1. Melandri
2. Stoner
3. Hayden
4. Rossi
-----------------

Shanghai, 2006:

1. Pedrosa
2. Hayden
3. Edwards
DNF - Rossi
-----------------

Assen, 2006

1. Hayden
2. Nakano
3. Pedrosa
8. Rossi
----------------



I think Nicky's already proved he's one of the best racers in the world , his results speak for themselves. The sad part is , Rossi being such a dominant force for so long has spoiled us on what's perceived to be a great racer. Nicky's improving and is doing good.He jumped straight from AMA to MotoGP for a reason. He IS a bad ass rider. Respect to him for that is all he gets from me.
lol Saint... these results you just posted has proved yourself wrong...

Shanghai, 2006 -> Rossi was leading by many seconds before his bike has an electronic failure... where was Nicky?

Assen, 2006 -> Wrist fracture, injuired angle and check, qualified last and finished 8th!

No doubt Nicky is improving a lot, but he ain't beating Rossi atm...


valerossi is offline  
post #18 of 87 (permalink) Old 06-30-2006, 09:27 AM
Resident Redneck
 
Biga's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: On This Forum
Posts: 9,793
   
Send a message via Skype™ to Biga
Saint,

Vale(note the handle name) & R1Biker are huge Rossi fans, and in their world and my Rossi is King. This year Rossi has Giberhoe's luck.
I said it before in racing you need skill and luck and right now Hayden's got it.
In all honesty who do you think would win if both riders were full health with equal equipment.


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Biga is offline  
post #19 of 87 (permalink) Old 06-30-2006, 11:19 AM Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 2,768
   
Quote:
Originally Posted by valerossi
lol Saint... these results you just posted has proved yourself wrong...

Shanghai, 2006 -> Rossi was leading by many seconds before his bike has an electronic failure... where was Nicky?

Assen, 2006 -> Wrist fracture, injuired angle and check, qualified last and finished 8th!

No doubt Nicky is improving a lot, but he ain't beating Rossi atm...




Quote:
In all honesty who do you think would win if both riders were full health with equal equipment.
nothing to add ...
R1biker is offline  
post #20 of 87 (permalink) Old 06-30-2006, 11:19 AM Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 2,768
   
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellbound
Wait a min, you say santa claus. Just look what happens when Biga finds out about Santa

R1biker is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Sport Bike Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in










Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome