Racing MotoGP, WSBK, BSB, AMA, F1, WRC, DTM, NASCAR, etc...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 07-22-2006, 09:33 AM Thread Starter

Greg White at Laguna

just some interesting info posted in his blog :

Quote:
Day 1 at Laguna Seca MotoGP '06

Hello again... first off, let me say that I am sorry I did not get a chance to write yesterday. Delta called in the middle of the night to tell me that one of my flights had been cancelled and they rescheduled me to arrive in San Jose at 8PM ish. It all worked out because I got to see Floyd Landis kick the crap out of the entire peloton in the Tour. It was one for the ages!!! OH MY GOD.

Anyway, back to the topic at hand. The MotoGP circus is in full swing at Laguna this year. There are a couple of surprises for sure. The first surprise of the weekend was the condition of the racing surface. The track was re-surfaced about four weeks ago. The people who installed the asphalt told the track (this is what I was told) that they could run cars on the track. Well, the cars ruined the surface!! This track is WAY more bumpy than before. The riders are not happy. They seem to be happy about the safety improvements though. Colin Edwards is feeling sick with a cold. He spent the entire afternoon in the medical center getting an IV drip to help with fluids and stuff.

Nicky Hayden looks great and is all smiles. He finished P2 in today's afternoon session. So far not the domination of last year, but he is on the Honda DEVELOPMENT bike... good idea putting your championship points leader on the Development bike... what a way to ensure his success. But that is just my opinion.

The crowd was big and active today. I have never heard so many people say good things about the show I used to host, 2 Wheel Tuesday. It is awesome to hear for sure, but they also complain about the new show Super Bikes! non stop. I could do without hearing that stuff, because I don't watch the show and will not watch the show. It promotes all the stuff that I do not. That is just the way I am.

It was HOT today! The hottest I have ever felt it at Laguna. Bruce Porter from Arai helmets told me that at 7 am it was already 80 degrees. He has been coming to the race since 1972 and said he has never seen that before.

Other than that I have had my head buried in the paddock trying to get my info. We have 6 hours of race shows this weekend... three tomorrow. I will try and report more tomorrow.

L8R - Greg
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 07-22-2006, 10:10 AM
RacerX85

Kewl.
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 07-22-2006, 10:27 AM
Ta Moko

Dam cagers, what morons

Cool he thinks the same about that dumb ass show

You guys are going to cook at trackside

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 07-22-2006, 01:45 PM

I don't think it's the cars that are at fault here, a while ago they resurfaced one of the citycentre bicycle lanes here and well it got bumpy after just a few days use.

IMHO it has more to do with the ground under the asphalt and how that has been prepared and how compact it is which again has a massive influence on how the top layer of asphalt will respond to various vehicles, so it doesn't really matter if it's a bike or a car it has more to do with the ground surface.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sport Bike Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode