Racing MotoGP, WSBK, BSB, AMA, F1, WRC, DTM, NASCAR, etc...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 07-29-2006, 03:07 AM Thread Starter

F1: FP3 Times and Quali Results

Qualifying Result - German GP
1. Kimi Raikkonen Finland McLaren-Mercedes 01:14.070 <= Vodka is good for you, apparently.
2. Michael Schumacher Germany Ferrari-Ferrari 01:14.205 <= has a license to rock and roll tomorrow and take lotsa points off Alonso's championship lead
3. Felipe Massa Brazil Ferrari-Ferrari 01:14.569 <= he didn't crash and he can be very difficult to pass
4. Jenson Button Britain Honda-Honda 01:14.862 <= human chicane
5. Giancarlo Fisichella Italy Renault-Renault 01:14.894
6. Rubens Barrichello Brazil Honda-Honda 01:14.934 <= road block
7. Fernando Alonso Spain Renault-Renault 01:15.282 <= err what? heh!
8. Ralf Schumacher Germany Toyota-Toyota 01:15.923
9. Pedro de la Rosa Spain McLaren-Mercedes 01:15.936
10. David Coulthard Britain Red Bull-Ferrari 01:16.326
11. Mark Webber Australia Williams-Cosworth 01:15.094
12. Christian Klien Austria Red Bull-Ferrari 01:15.141
13. Jarno Trulli Italy Toyota-Toyota 01:15.150
14. Jacques Villeneuve Canada BMW Sauber 01:15.329
15. Nico Rosberg Germany Williams-Cosworth 01:15.380 <= williams isn't doing all that well this year
16. Nick Heidfeld Germany BMW Sauber 01:15.397
17. Vitantonio Liuzzi Italy Toro Rosso-Cosworth 01:16.399*
18. Christijan Albers Holland Midland-Toyota 01:17.093
19. Takuma Sato Japan Super Aguri-Honda 01:17.185 <= the new super aguri car still sucks
20. Tiago Monteiro Portugal Midland-Toyota 01:17.836
21. Sakon Yamamoto Japan Super Aguri-Honda 01:20.444
22. Scott Speed USA Toro Rosso-Cosworth no time* <= had a massive crash

all times unofficial
* denotes restricted 3-litre V10; all others 2.4 V8

I think the Championship just blew wide open.....you know for those with a chance to play catch up in the championship.

Obviously I can't post the Quali results yet..

Free Practise 3 Times

1. Christian Klien Austria Red Bull-Ferrari 01:15.628
2. Jenson Button Britain Honda-Honda 01:15.651
3. Rubens Barrichello Brazil Honda-Honda 01:15.963
4. Felipe Massa Brazil Ferrari-Ferrari 01:15.977
5. David Coulthard Britain Red Bull-Ferrari 01:16.080
6. Giancarlo Fisichella Italy Renault-Renault 01:16.130
7. Nick Heidfeld Germany BMW Sauber 01:16.167
8. Kimi Raikkonen Finland McLaren-Mercedes 01:16.218
9. Michael Schumacher Germany Ferrari-Ferrari 01:16.307
10. Pedro de la Rosa Spain McLaren-Mercedes 01:16.322
11. Fernando Alonso Spain Renault-Renault 01:16.427
12. Vitantonio Liuzzi Italy Toro Rosso-Cosworth 01:16.532*
13. Scott Speed USA Toro Rosso-Cosworth 01:16.600*
14. Nico Rosberg Germany Williams-Cosworth 01:16.690
15. Mark Webber Australia Williams-Cosworth 01:16.834
16. Ralf Schumacher Germany Toyota-Toyota 01:17.419
17. Jacques Villeneuve Canada BMW Sauber 01:17.740
18. Tiago Monteiro Portugal Midland-Toyota 01:17.793
19. Sakon Yamamoto Japan Super Aguri-Honda 01:18.643
20. Takuma Sato Japan Super Aguri-Honda 01:18.668
21. Christijan Albers Holland Midland-Toyota 01:19.254
22. Jarno Trulli Italy Toyota-Toyota no time

all times unofficial
* denotes restricted 3-litre V10; all others 2.4 V8

Check out Schumi and Alonso sandbagging the hell out of the session...."I'm not showing you all my cards, neener" competition going on.

Last edited by ffwf; 07-29-2006 at 06:35 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 07-29-2006, 06:42 AM Thread Starter

Raikkonen takes German pole
Kimi Raikkonen will start the German Grand Prix from pole position after surprising the field in the top ten shoot-out.

The Finn posted his fastest time of qualifying, despite supposedly running on a heavier fuel load, clocking 1min 14.070secs to put top spot beyond his rivals, despite Ferrari having looked racy early on.

The McLaren man, robbed of almost certain victory in 2005, will share the front row with Michael Schumacher, while the second Ferrari of Felipe Massa lines up third.

Renault's weekend continued to be poor, with Giancarlo Fisichella the faster R26 pilot, but dmoted to the inside of row three by Jenson Button's Honda. Fernando Alonso was only seventh, after Rubens Barrichello's RS106 did a similar job to claim sixth.

Raikkonen steals pole from Schumacher

Kimi Raikkonen stole his first pole position of the season from Michael Schumacher in a thrilling qualifying session at Hockenheim. It's the Finn's first pole for almost a year - his last was in the 2005 Turkish Grand Prix. Massa was third while all Fernando Alonso could manage was seventh.

The first session was red-flagged when Scott Speed lost control of his Toro Rosso on the exit of turn one. He spun and smashed backwards into the inside wall of the circuit. After five minutes delay the session resumed and Massa ended up fastest, half a second ahead of team mate Schumacher, Raikkonen and Trulli.

Liuzzi, Albers, Sato, Monteiro, Yamamoto and Speed all dropped out of the first session while Renault seemed to struggle for pace - Alonso just fifth and Fisichella nowhere in thirteenth.

Ferrari continued to dominate the second session, but Schumacher asserted his authority going 0.3s faster than his team mate. Alonso struggled and was forced to complete a second run to guarantee his entry to final shoot-out. The unlucky ones to fall out were Webber, Klien, Trulli, Villeneuve, Rosberg and Heidfeld.

In the final knockout session, de la Rosa turned in on Ralf Schumacher at the hairpin, damaging the rear of his McLaren and the front of the Toyota. Both limped back to the pits and after extensive repairs both rejoined the session in the final moments.

Raikkonen set the marker of 1m14.070s and on his second flying lap ran wide into the gravel at the entry to the stadium section but it was enough - the Finn took his first pole position of the season ahead of Michael Schumacher and Felipe Massa.

Jenson Button marked a resurgence for Honda in fourth ahead of Fisichella, Barrichello and Alonso a lowly seventh. Ralf Schumacher eventually took eighth ahead of de la Rosa and Coulthard.

Kimi - I had nothing to lose

Kimi Raikkonen looked genuinely happy for the first time this season after taking his first pole of the year and his first since last year's Turkish Grand Prix. The Finn's first attempt at pole in the final session was good enough to see off challenges from Michael Schumacher, but when Raikkonen went out on a second attempt to better his lap, he ran wide in the stadium and went through the gravel.

"I was a little bit slower than my fastest lap on my second attempt and tried to go too fast - I had nothing to lose anyway," Raikkonen said.

"It's nice to get pole, the best place to start from and lets see what we can do tomorrow to win," he added.

Raikkonen's pole at Hockenheim is the ninth of his F1 career.

Speed fine after qualifying shunt

Scott Speed emerged uninjured from a spectacular crash at the start of the first knockout qualifying session this afternoon. The American ran wide on the exit of turn one and kept his foot on the power trying to rescue the car from its slide, but it snapped away from him and he ploughed into the inside barrier backwards.

Speed climbed from the broken car and was taken to the medical center as a precaution. The session was red-flagged while marshals cleaned up the accident.

"It was a very short trip to the medical center, they asked me if I had any pain anywhere and I said no, and they sent me on my way," Speed smiled on his way back to the paddock.

"I've been trying to use the curb in turn one a lot in practice and it was fine, but in qualifying for some reason it bounced the car and I was pushed wide," he explained. "I kept my foot in it but that it didn't work out.
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 07-29-2006, 12:06 PM
Petronas Yamaha?

Good qually results! I like your notations above
Maybe Kimi will have better luck this year????????
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Kimi fans.jpg (39.7 KB, 10 views)

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sport Bike Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode