Racing MotoGP, WSBK, BSB, AMA, F1, WRC, DTM, NASCAR, etc...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 08-01-2006, 03:56 AM Thread Starter

Exclamation F1: FIA give Renault 'mass damper' reprieve

FIA give Renault 'mass damper' reprieve
Renault will re-fit it

01/08/06 10:18

Renault will re-fit the controversial but potentially critical 'mass damper' system to its R26 car in Budapest, according to reports.

Although the FIA and the stewards at Hockenheim disagreed about the legality of the device, Charlie Whiting has assured the French team in a letter that retrospective penalties are unlikely to be handed down.

It is open to debate what effect the removal of the system had on Renault's pace in Germany, but La Gazzetta dello Sport in Italy claims that Fernando Alonso became accustomed to its feel since it debuted on the blue car last September.

It is also notable that, oddly, Renault was not the quickest Michelin-clad runner last Sunday, as both McLaren and Honda appeared to take a comparative step forward.

McLaren's Martin Whitmarsh commented : ''Some people rely on mass dampers more than others."

Ron Dennis, meanwhile, explained that the silver team's complicated - but legal - suspension on the MP4-21 racer emulates the effect of the device.

''I think we know where the problem is,'' Renault's director of engineering told the Telegraph, thus denying that mass dampers contributed to Renault's loss of pace in Germany.

It is possible, though, that the system contributed less directly to the pace of the R26, but rather had an effect on how it interacts with the tyres, which blistered more aggressively on the Renault than on other Michelin-shod cars.

Source GMM
CAPSIS International

http://www.motomummy.com/Forum/newth...newthread&f=98

:corn
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 08-01-2006, 06:05 AM

Should be an interesting finish to the season. For some reason(and I dunno why) I don't like Alonso... I hope MS spanks his ass(please don't turn that statement ghey)

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Knowledge will cure ignorance, but you can't fix stupid
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 08-01-2006, 07:10 AM

I love how the Ferrari bashers are turning this into a case of omgz this is Ferrari's fault.......hey Ferrari took theirs out....and still won.

Alonso's a good guy, it's Flavio Briatore the Renault team boss who is a ...well twat.
Just a couple of weeks ago Renault was "unbeatable" blah blah according to Flav...oh well........

I don't care if the mass dampeners get to stay or not though. But I hope that Renault can get a little bit more competitive.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 08-04-2006, 01:36 PM
Petronas Yamaha?

Flavio Briatore has lashed out at F1's governing body for trying to manipulate the title fight.

As the mass damper saga grinds on in Hungary, the Renault boss pointed an angry finger at the FIA and questioned the federation's motives for deeming the technology illegal nearly a full year after it first debuted in F1.

"The FIA is playing against us," Briatore is quoted as saying in La Gazzetta dello Sport. "It is absurd that the rules are changed like this half-way through the season."

Renault, whose championship lead to Ferrari and Michael Schumacher suffered a mighty blow at Hockenheim one week ago, is again racing without the innovation this weekend.

Briatore continued: "The FIA should only be an arbitrator, instead they try to distort the World Championship."

He also adds more fuel to the conspiracy theorists' fire by reminding the world of 'pressure' that could have been placed on the FIA by a certain rival team.

http://uk.sports.yahoo.com/04082006/...ing-title.html

And it just keeps getting better:corn
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 08-04-2006, 01:59 PM

Dear God Kleenex is going to be the new Red Bull in F1 with so much whining. Sorry Alonso, you did that yourself.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sport Bike Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode