Racing MotoGP, WSBK, BSB, AMA, F1, WRC, DTM, NASCAR, etc...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 15 (permalink) Old 08-02-2006, 08:58 AM Thread Starter
phil-osepher

AMA will race at Indy next year!

ha ha.....got the inside scoop. So, my friend's wife is a VP at a major hotel chain, stationed in Indy. They book rooms in advance of events (F1, Nascar etc) really early. So, she gets a call recently, saying that the reservations needed to be changed for the Brickyard 400 (NASCAR event), that it had been moved back 3 weeks because the AMA had the track.

No lies here, no "a friend of a friend's uncles cousin" rumors. That would be cool to see the bikes race at indy. I know they'd have to have some serious air fence coming on to the back straight.:jimmie

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 15 (permalink) Old 08-02-2006, 09:03 AM
Resident Redneck

Send a message via Skype™ to Biga
Isn't Daytona dangers enough???

post #3 of 15 (permalink) Old 08-02-2006, 10:16 AM

Poor sods. (indy os good for Oval Racing........but in all honesty it sucks so bad as a "road" track....)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 15 (permalink) Old 08-02-2006, 11:19 AM Thread Starter
phil-osepher

from watching the tele I thought the infield looked nice, better than daytona anyways. nice surface, good runoff and curbing...

post #5 of 15 (permalink) Old 08-02-2006, 11:22 AM

Yeah but as soon as you hit the oval run it's *splat*
plus the "road" part of the track is horrible.....but of course they're going there because it's Indy and not because of the track itself.
post #6 of 15 (permalink) Old 08-02-2006, 11:25 AM Thread Starter
phil-osepher

well, at least they have daytona to help with the comparison of running on the oval. It sucks we dont have enough real tracks here, to be able to run. Just ovals with infields.... (Daytona, Louden, PPIR, California, Texas World Speedway etc...) or worse tracks that double as dragstrips...

post #7 of 15 (permalink) Old 08-02-2006, 11:52 AM
RacerX85

Fuck yeah!!! I love living in Indy!!! Woohoo! I can get drunk and walk from my house to the track! YES!!!
post #8 of 15 (permalink) Old 08-02-2006, 05:28 PM
I dont inhale

i remember watching a little of the formula 1 race there, if i remember right the last turn is fast as shit and leads out onto a straight with a wall on the outside, eeeeek

post #9 of 15 (permalink) Old 08-02-2006, 06:15 PM Thread Starter
phil-osepher

maybe they'll put one of those generic chicane's made with orange cones out there, to slow down the bikes.....lmao

post #10 of 15 (permalink) Old 08-02-2006, 08:25 PM
I dont inhale

cone turns the staple of american motorcycle racing

post #11 of 15 (permalink) Old 08-03-2006, 07:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kneedragger77
maybe they'll put one of those generic chicane's made with orange cones out there, to slow down the bikes.....lmao
I hate that joke of an "F1 track" here's why:

(it's 10 minutes long, commentary is in Italian but that's not important. The replays should basically

I was so scared. It took such a long time before there was any movement, I'm so glad he turned out ok, though he got injured, the injuries healed and he's still racing.......
post #12 of 15 (permalink) Old 08-06-2006, 11:18 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RacerX85 View Post
Fuck yeah!!! I love living in Indy!!! Woohoo! I can get drunk and walk from my house to the track! YES!!!
I did not know you were living in Indy! I have a group of guys I ride with occasionally, I'll have to let you know when a ride comes up.

post #13 of 15 (permalink) Old 08-06-2006, 11:32 AM

wtf???
should be interesting
post #14 of 15 (permalink) Old 08-06-2006, 02:23 PM
Ask the Chief

hmm...wonder what will fall off the schedule to accommodate the race...

post #15 of 15 (permalink) Old 08-06-2006, 04:30 PM
The real Blue ranger

Send a message via Yahoo to R4Ltony
http://www.amasuperbike.com/article....=1122&aid=7036
why are they at Mid Ohio twice? That BS!! Indy will be about this time next year, cause NASCAR raced there today.

Quote:
If people don't regulate themselves, others will do it for them.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sport Bike Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode