Racing MotoGP, WSBK, BSB, AMA, F1, WRC, DTM, NASCAR, etc...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 13 (permalink) Old 08-06-2006, 09:07 AM Thread Starter

**** Spoiler **** WSBK race 2 results

Haga takes first victory this season at Brands.

The hard riding Noriyuki Haga has taken a well earned win during race two of the eighth round of the Corona Extra Superbike World Championship.

The Yamaha rider had a fight on his hands with Troy Bayliss on the Xerox Ducati pushing hard for the win, but a mistake by Bayliss allowed Haga to just pull enough of a gap for a safe win.

Third place went to Haga's team-mate Andrew Pitt who had to work his way through the pack picking off current champion Troy Corser and James Toseland.

WSBK race results (2) Brands Hatch:

1. Noriyuki Haga
2. Troy Bayliss
3. Andrew Pitt
4. Regis Laconi
5. James Toseland
6. Troy Corser
7. Yukio Kagayama
8. Chris Walker
9. Alex Barros
10. Rubens Xaus
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 13 (permalink) Old 08-06-2006, 10:14 AM

post #3 of 13 (permalink) Old 08-06-2006, 10:49 AM
Team America Support Crew

Send a message via Yahoo to Warp Racer
:imwst Awesome news, go Nitro Nori

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
ONCE YOU'VE HAD ASIAN, YOU WILL NEVER TOUCH CAUCASIAN

OLD AGE AND TREACHERY WILL ALWAYS OVERCOME YOUTH AND ENTHUSIASM
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 13 (permalink) Old 08-06-2006, 05:19 PM
I dont inhale

woop woop, go Haga, he is second in the points!!!!!!,

when is it on speed???

post #5 of 13 (permalink) Old 08-06-2006, 05:23 PM

tuesday.....checked a few days ago and it was supposed to be tonight, checked right after the ama coverage and they pushed the WSBK coverage to Tuesday. In place of the 2 races, we get to enjoy 4 shows about how a redneck went faster then other rednecks in a circle on vehicles puching the technological aspect of the sport to its limits.....
post #6 of 13 (permalink) Old 08-07-2006, 04:22 PM

I feel your pain nitronori! I think its garbage the way speed handles things, a guy at work told me that NASCAR actually owns the speed channel. I dont know if its true or not but it makes sense. I cant wait to see WSBK race 2 tomorrow!
post #7 of 13 (permalink) Old 08-08-2006, 07:09 PM

2 good races. It seems Brands Hatch always manages to provide close racing, it would be a cool place to attend a wsbk event. As for Speed well realy nothing to complain about after watching the kind of ratings motorcycle racing is gathering for them. It's good we still get to see as much motorcycle racing as we do.....I guess.
post #8 of 13 (permalink) Old 08-08-2006, 07:49 PM

I just saw the ratings, I cant say much. I guess I should be happy with the coverage that I am getting. I guess some is better than none at all.
post #9 of 13 (permalink) Old 08-10-2006, 12:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitronori View Post
2 good races. It seems Brands Hatch always manages to provide close racing, it would be a cool place to attend a wsbk event. As for Speed well realy nothing to complain about after watching the kind of ratings motorcycle racing is gathering for them. It's good we still get to see as much motorcycle racing as we do.....I guess.
I was there: got a good pitch at Clark curve/clearways section just before Brabham(start/finish) straight.Pretty good racing all day supersport and both superstock races were pretty good as well;the highlight was Nori doing the business in race two though.
post #10 of 13 (permalink) Old 08-10-2006, 01:58 PM
Advanced Member

I finally got a chance to watch these today. Been too busy. Both were great races. The second was right to the end with excitment. GO WSBK!!!

post #11 of 13 (permalink) Old 08-11-2006, 08:24 AM

I was off my seat on race 2... Nori pulled some krypto on Superman...
post #12 of 13 (permalink) Old 08-16-2006, 10:48 PM
7c Forever

didn't see it yet, a classic Haga "I'm unstoppable when I have a feel for the bike" performance?

HAIL TO THE KING!!

post #13 of 13 (permalink) Old 08-17-2006, 06:14 AM

sort of, Bayliss was with him all race long and was probably faster but Nori made it count on the last lap. After the race Troy mentioned he let Haga by twice to see where he could make a move towards the end of the race. The second time was a mistake since Haga went on and took the flag. Let me know if you need a place where to download the races from.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sport Bike Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode