Racing MotoGP, WSBK, BSB, AMA, F1, WRC, DTM, NASCAR, etc...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 08-15-2006, 02:05 PM Thread Starter
Petronas Yamaha?

Formula One Back For 07 USGP!

Looks like F1 will back at Indy for 07....... Only 07 ????

August 14, 2006

Indianapolis After months of speculation and negotiations a source close to Indianapolis Motor Speedway officials tells Fox 59 the Formula One race is coming back in 2007. The source reports the deal is for one year.

"I think it's great," said Tom Weisenback, Director of Indiana Motorsports Association. "It continues to promote the Speedway and Indy as the racing capital."

The man in the driver's seat for just such a deal is F-1 top gun Bernie Ecclestone. Ecclestone's known not for negotiating but rather ordering up exactly the deal he'll get. Earlier this year Ecclestone said he didn't need or care about having a race in the U.S. market.

"I think Bernie's a shrewd businessman. I think you use every angle possible to get the most out of your company and that's what he does," said Weisenback. In recent months reports were that Ecclestone was talking with Las Vegas magnate and developer Steve Wynn, once owner of the Bellagio hotel. "Bernie wanted it on the strip," said Weisenback. But Vegas isn't as hungry to snag F-1 as track owner Tony George is to keep the race at IMS.

"I don't think Las Vegas needs the race to continue to keep their registers ringing," said Weisenback.

No one from the Speedway would confirm the F-1 one year deal. One spokesman told Fox 59 "There's nothing to report at this time." Another said "Negotiations are still in progress." Still F-1's return is mouth watering news to Ruth's Chris Steakhouse downtown. "We do a huge business that whole weekend thursday to Sunday."

Industry experts say hosting the Grand Prix isn't about money but prestige and bragging rights for IMS officials to tout the the track hosts three jewels in motorsports: The Indy 500, the All State Brickyard 400 and the U.S. Formula One Grand Prix.

No word on a date for the 2007 race.

http://fox59.trb.com/f1deal,0,332952...ll=wxin-home-3
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 08-15-2006, 02:52 PM

Crap. I was hopnig for F1 to come back to Vegas..............
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 08-16-2006, 05:17 PM

AWSOME!!!!!
I went to this years race and it was killer. F1 gives you a whole new underatanding of what speed can be. The whole day was truly breathtaking and i would wholeheartedly recommend it to ANY motorsports fan, 2 wheels or 4 (of any genre). Next year i am hoping to make it to qual's and the pit day as well.
I picked up a pretty sweet momento there as well. Absolute Authentic was there and i picked up this signed pic of Kenny Sr. doing his thing back in the day for a smoking deal.
See ya there fellas!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 08-17-2006, 03:23 PM Thread Starter
Petronas Yamaha?

Quote:
Originally Posted by andor View Post
AWSOME!!!!!
Next year i am hoping to make it to qual's and the pit day as well.

See ya there fellas!!
Yeah, you should really do the Friday/Saturday combo. Fridays nice for a couple practice sessions, then you can go buy souvenirs. Saturday praq & Qually is really cool, these two days are kinda better than race day! They were for sure 05 This year we didn't make it, brothers wife is doing some treatment. Still waiting on our renewal notice from the speedway for next year.
For Thursday, we have been parking at this dude's house since 2000. He said that day is crazy lines and madness????

Maybe we will see-ya there:
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 08-26-2006, 04:38 PM Thread Starter
Petronas Yamaha?

Guess it's for real 2007!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg F1 return.jpg (29.2 KB, 1 views)
File Type: jpg F1 return..jpg (32.9 KB, 1 views)

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sport Bike Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode