Racing MotoGP, WSBK, BSB, AMA, F1, WRC, DTM, NASCAR, etc...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 08-19-2006, 06:02 AM Thread Starter

Spoiler....QP Brno

1. Valentino Rossi ITA Camel Yamaha Team 1min 56.191 secs
2. Loris Capirossi ITA Ducati Marlboro Team 1min 56.441 secs
3. Kenny Roberts JrUSA Team Roberts 1min 56.603 secs
4. Nicky Hayden USA Repsol Honda Team 1min 56.694 secs
5. Shinya Nakano JPN Kawasaki Racing Team 1min 56.770 secs
6. Toni Elias SPA Fortuna Honda 1min 56.875 secs
7. John Hopkins USA Rizla Suzuki MotoGP 1min 56.913 secs
8. Colin Edwards USA Camel Yamaha Team 1min 56.967 secs
9. Dani Pedrosa SPA Repsol Honda Team 1min 57.139 secs
10. Randy de Puniet FRA Kawasaki Racing Team 1min 57.185 secs
11. Marco Melandri ITA Fortuna Honda 1min 57.221 secs
12. Casey Stoner AUS Honda LCR 1min 57.679 secs
13. Chris Vermeulen AUS Rizla Suzuki MotoGP 1min 57.894 secs
14. Alex Hofmann GER Ducati Marlboro Team 1min 57.906 secs
15. Makoto Tamada JPN Konica Minolta Honda 1min 58.239 secs
16. James Ellison GBR Tech 3 Yamaha 1min 59.011 secs
17. Carlos Checa SPA Tech 3 Yamaha 1min 59.289 secs
18. Jose Luis Cardoso SPA Pramac d'Antin MotoGP 2min 00.971 secs
19. Ivan Silva SPA Pramac d'Antin MotoGP 2min 01.433 secs

2005 Czech Republic Grand Prix – 28/08/2005:
Pole position: Sete Gibernau SPA Movistar Honda 1min 57.504secs
Fastest lap: Valentino Rossi ITA Gauloises Yamaha 1min 58.787secs

almost 1.5 sec faster then last year....quite impressive qp laps.

Last edited by R1biker; 08-19-2006 at 06:47 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 08-19-2006, 06:48 AM

post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 08-19-2006, 07:37 AM
Resident Redneck

Send a message via Skype™ to Biga
Camel Yamaha’s Valentino Rossi stole the pole position for Sunday’s Czech Grand Prix with the fastest lap ever at the Brno Circuit in the Czech Republic.

Rossi’s fast lap came after time had expired and on a lap that didn’t begin well. The world champion was behind the fast time of Loris Capirossi at the first two intervals. But in the second half of the lap Rossi stormed ahead, ending with a new record lap of 1:56.191.

"I think this practice is a great emotion for everybody, especially for us," Rossi said. "I’m happy because we work very well on the bike. Also with the qualification tires that we suffer too much during this year. And we did a great job together with my team and together with Michelin.

"When I see the lap of Loris (Capirossi) I say, is very fast; I don’t know if I’m able. But I try, I try very strong with the three qualification tires. And at the end it was a very good lap, very fast; 56.1 is unbelievable."

Rossi knocked Capirossi from the top spot, but he held on to second.

"I’m really happy in that moment because when we got back and we think about Friday morning my bike is terrible," he said. "We try to do everyhting and we try to have really good setting. setting. Now I have good confidence with tires and bike and my rhythm with race tires is really good. now I hope to go back, go back with the front guy."

Team Roberts’ Kenny Roberts Jr. moved to third after time expired, following a bit of drama. Roberts Jr. stopped on the course late in the session with a mechanical problem, but was able to ride back under power. His final lap time of 1:56.603 put him at the end of the front row.

"We had a little bit of a problem," Roberts Jr. said. "I found out now that it’s two separate fuel system problems that we made with the smaller tanks trying to get my riding position altered a little bit on the bike. So I was trying to signal to the guys on TV there that, hey, I’ve got a problem with this one too. We got that solved by putting the old tanks back on and actually didn’t feel as comfortable, but we were able to pull out a front row."

Repsol Honda’s Nicky Hayden finished fourth. Hayden’s fast lap came on the 18th of 21 laps and not, as expected, on his final lap.

Kawasaki’s Shinya Nakano ended up in the middle of row two between Hayden and the Fortuna Honda of Toni Elias.

The final two Americans are on row three. Rizla Suzuki’s John Hopkins finished seventh, one spot in front of Camel Yamaha’s Colin Edwards. Repsol Honda’s Dani Pedrosa filled out row three.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sport Bike Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode