Racing MotoGP, WSBK, BSB, AMA, F1, WRC, DTM, NASCAR, etc...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 08-22-2006, 07:41 PM Thread Starter
Rollin in my 5.0

Send a message via Yahoo to beavisr1
? How come?

Yamaha does not have a sponsered 1000cc rider in super bikes but has them in super sport. Forgive me if I have the classes wrong. But there are no competors riding a yamaha in the same class as mat Madlin and Miguel Duhamel?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 08-22-2006, 07:53 PM

No there aren't , but they are rumored to be entering superbike competition next year. Right now I'm thinking it's Hacking and DiSalvo on 600's in Supersport , on R1's in FX and Superstock, but I did just read very recently they were thinking on Superbike with the debut of the new '07 R1.

** Edit ** Now that I think about it , I don't think DiSalvo is racing in supersport , only FX and Superstock, but then again , I can't stand the lil' gangsta wanna be, so I don't follow what he's doing much.
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 08-22-2006, 08:04 PM
No Crying Allowed

If I remember right it had to do with them racing in all the other classes and not having either the riders or the team support to do all of the classes.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

|
|
|
|
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 08-22-2006, 09:18 PM
Master of Sergeants

Send a message via AIM to No1stunner Send a message via Yahoo to No1stunner Send a message via Skype™ to No1stunner
Alll the good ones are taken!

post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 08-23-2006, 05:28 AM

because from all the manufacturers Yamaha were the only ones who pussied out of the Superbike challenge. They prefer to take the title in the other 3 categories but stay away from the Yoshimura dominated Superbike class.
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 08-23-2006, 09:58 AM

I wish they would race superbike!! Someone has to beat up on suzuki.. seriously. I love suzuki but I have no loyalty to any brand I just think Yamaha is the only bike that could chase the suzuki down.
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 08-23-2006, 10:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by STONE View Post
I wish they would race superbike!! Someone has to beat up on suzuki.. seriously. I love suzuki but I have no loyalty to any brand I just think Yamaha is the only bike that could chase the suzuki down.
Suzuki is already beaten in WSBK
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 08-23-2006, 10:22 AM
meat popsicle

maybe its financial, they are dropping loads in gp, or maybe they think they are no good riders available to be able to compete, who knows but i would like to see them make a return someday
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 08-23-2006, 10:54 AM
Resident Redneck

Send a message via Skype™ to Biga
American Yamaha did not receive the full support from Japan, so they decided not to race in Suberbike.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sport Bike Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode