Racing MotoGP, WSBK, BSB, AMA, F1, WRC, DTM, NASCAR, etc...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 65 (permalink) Old 03-10-2008, 04:12 PM Thread Starter

Talking MotoGP >> I must say... ***SPOILERS***

***SPOILERS***
***SPOILERS***
***SPOILERS***

First of all, I'm not making excuses for Rossi...

I must say... those who keep on saying how Rossi is done , how he got beat by his teammate, how he should have stayed with Michelin, how Stoner won on the same tire, blah blah... I think you guys are missing a lot of things here...

FYI...
  • The Desmodeci was developed on Bridgestone, the M1 was developed on Michelin;
  • 3 Yamahas on the front roll, first time in MotoGP history, with a 2nd place podium, who developed the bike? JB/Rossi. Same for the winning RC211V;
  • You guys actually believe slapping some Bridgestone on the M1 will work right away without adjusting or making some changes on a bike that was developed on Michelin?
  • Mind you that FIAT Yamaha has practically no data about the Bridgestone, they're pretty much starting from scratch;
  • I'm sure Yamaha/Furusawa/JB/Rossi have look into this way deeper than anyone on this forum, and I'm sure they know more about the risks and what has to be done than any one of us.

Yes, I do not believe he's done, actually far from it. When Schumi left Benetton to Ferrari in 1996, with 2 titles to his belt, all the haters thought he was done after having some really bad years and losing the 1996, 1997, 1998, and 1999 titles. But guess what, he came back in 2000 and won 5 more titles in a row. Also, do you guys know how old Troy Bayliss was when he won the 2006 WSBK title? 37. I believe Rossi can still bag at least one more before he retires.

Let's wait till further down the season before jumping into conclusion, can we?

And shame on you to those that thinking about giving up on him...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 65 (permalink) Old 03-10-2008, 04:16 PM
Resident Redneck

Send a message via Skype™ to Biga
He is done

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 65 (permalink) Old 03-10-2008, 04:24 PM

I'm not giving up

http://tinyurl.com/2q9j9y

Last edited by ffwf; 03-10-2008 at 06:25 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 65 (permalink) Old 03-10-2008, 05:30 PM

Rossi Rules!!!
post #5 of 65 (permalink) Old 03-10-2008, 06:16 PM
I dont inhale

im not giving up on him,

but he needs to show me more then he did last night

like i said in my other post he does not seem to be as hungry for each position on the track. Its just my opinion of course and I hope he proves me wrong but i think he has lost his mental edge.

he certainly has lost the mental ownage he used to have on everyone on the padock. i dont think that is even arguable

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #6 of 65 (permalink) Old 03-10-2008, 08:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by valerossi View Post
***SPOILERS***
***SPOILERS***
***SPOILERS***

First of all, I'm not making excuses for Rossi...

I must say... those who keep on saying how Rossi is done , how he got beat by his teammate, how he should have stayed with Michelin, how Stoner won on the same tire, blah blah... I think you guys are missing a lot of things here...

FYI...
  • The Desmodeci was developed on Bridgestone, the M1 was developed on Michelin;
  • 3 Yamahas on the front roll, first time in MotoGP history, with a 2nd place podium, who developed the bike? JB/Rossi. Same for the winning RC211V;
  • You guys actually believe slapping some Bridgestone on the M1 will work right away without adjusting or making some changes on a bike that was developed on Michelin?
  • Mind you that FIAT Yamaha has practically no data about the Bridgestone, they're pretty much starting from scratch;
  • I'm sure Yamaha/Furusawa/JB/Rossi have look into this way deeper than anyone on this forum, and I'm sure they know more about the risks and what has to be done than any one of us.

Yes, I do not believe he's done, actually far from it. When Schumi left Benetton to Ferrari in 1996, with 2 titles to his belt, all the haters thought he was done after having some really bad years and losing the 1996, 1997, 1998, and 1999 titles. But guess what, he came back in 2000 and won 5 more titles in a row. Also, do you guys know how old Troy Bayliss was when he won the 2006 WSBK title? 37. I believe Rossi can still bag at least one more before he retires.

Let's wait till further down the season before jumping into conclusion, can we?

And shame on you to those that thinking about giving up on him...
You sound like you are making excuses for Rossi.
post #7 of 65 (permalink) Old 03-10-2008, 08:30 PM

I'm not ready to say he's done just because of 1 race... one with the odd night conditions at that. Rossi did manage to lead the race on new rubber and that is nothing to sneeze at...

We'll see how good the Michelin's perform with the sun out. And we'll see how good Rossi is during that time as well...

One thing is for sure... Reaching Stoner on the Bridgestones is going to be like reaching the summit on Everest.
post #8 of 65 (permalink) Old 03-10-2008, 08:34 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by racerraul View Post
One thing is for sure... Reaching Stoner on the Bridgestones is going to be like reaching the summit on Everest.
No doubt it's not gonna be something easy at all... next race will be very interesting... and I have my eyes on Lorenzo also, I think he will be able to beat Stoner...
post #9 of 65 (permalink) Old 03-10-2008, 09:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by vcyclenut View Post
im not giving up on him,

Its just my opinion of course and I hope he proves me wrong but i think he has lost his mental edge.

he certainly has lost the mental ownage he used to have on everyone on the padock. i dont think that is even arguable
I think it's hard to maintain that "mental edge" when you aren't winning races. How can you intimidate if you aren't in a position to intimidate.
I'm not arguing, i'm just agreeing with Cyclenut

post #10 of 65 (permalink) Old 03-10-2008, 09:13 PM
Mummy Man

Send a message via MSN to gsxcorey
I hope he gets to the front and battles it out again...i can't wait! lorenzo, stoner, and rossi at the front going at it will KICK ASS

post #11 of 65 (permalink) Old 03-10-2008, 09:30 PM
meat popsicle

done and done

unless he isn't
post #12 of 65 (permalink) Old 03-10-2008, 11:30 PM
Mr.

He still can out ride you and myself though .

Last edited by Mr.; 03-10-2008 at 11:39 PM.
post #13 of 65 (permalink) Old 03-10-2008, 11:46 PM
The real Blue ranger

Send a message via Yahoo to R4Ltony

Quote:
If people don't regulate themselves, others will do it for them.
post #14 of 65 (permalink) Old 03-11-2008, 08:23 AM
Advanced Member

He still won 7 titles. He gambled and switched to an uncompetitive bike and won on it. He gambled and switched to different rubber. We still don't know the out come of this. He's Rossi. He likes these challenges. It's been said that he is a better development rider than he is a racer. I believe he still has more to bring to Moto GP.
Although if they continue to mask his natural talent with electronics...
post #15 of 65 (permalink) Old 03-11-2008, 08:33 AM

They just need to slip a duc motor into that yami

Knowledge will cure ignorance, but you can't fix stupid
post #16 of 65 (permalink) Old 03-11-2008, 09:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by valerossi View Post
No doubt it's not gonna be something easy at all... next race will be very interesting... and I have my eyes on Lorenzo also, I think he will be able to beat Stoner...
Well last year in the heat... Rossi managed 2nd on the Michelins. This was a night race & I am thinking that the cooler temps made for a good Michelin showing... But Stoner put in a win with x2 last year's margin... can't wait for the next race to see how they do.
post #17 of 65 (permalink) Old 03-11-2008, 12:14 PM
`beer?

Send a message via MSN to walker Send a message via Yahoo to walker
I'm still hoping to see Rossi do well Though I am interested in Dovizioso and Toseland as well
post #18 of 65 (permalink) Old 03-11-2008, 01:53 PM
Abusin' the scooter

Send a message via Skype™ to Yamahuh
Why does this topic merit its own thread when the one I started immediately following the race was weaved into the 'Official MotoGP' thread?

Just wond'rin...

Its really hard to take an angry man seriously when hes wearing a bathrobe. - Carl Fogarty
post #19 of 65 (permalink) Old 03-11-2008, 02:03 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yamahuh View Post
Why does this topic merit its own thread when the one I started immediately following the race was weaved into the 'Official MotoGP' thread?

Just wond'rin...
I'm not the one who merged your thread, and normally I do not merge other people's thread, I've seen your thread and I think I posted in it also. Personally, I do not believe it should be merged. You want to send me the link of the original post and I will separate the thread back for you.

Also, next time you may want to handle this type of things in PMs instead?

post #20 of 65 (permalink) Old 03-11-2008, 02:06 PM
250 cc pilota.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vcyclenut View Post
im not giving up on him,

but he needs to show me more then he did last night

like i said in my other post he does not seem to be as hungry for each position on the track. Its just my opinion of course and I hope he proves me wrong but i think he has lost his mental edge.

During the first part of the race he showed all his hunger as he barged up the field and overtook at will - like the old Rossi. Anyone saying he he lacks will is a bit strange in my mind.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sport Bike Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode