Racing MotoGP, WSBK, BSB, AMA, F1, WRC, DTM, NASCAR, etc...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 71 (permalink) Old 04-12-2008, 10:23 PM Thread Starter
Abusin' the scooter

Send a message via Skype™ to Yamahuh
**** Estoril Spoilers! ****

The guy can ride.

Lorenzo claims third straight pole
From correspondents in Estoril, Portugal
April 13, 2008 JORGE Lorenzo has claimed his third consecutive pole position in qualifying for the Portuguese MotoGP at Estoril.

The Spanish Yahama rider, in his rookie MotoGP season after winning two 250cc championships, earned his position at the head of a grid by clocking a lap-record 1min 35.715sec at the circuit near Lisbon.

That effort saw him clinch the No.1 spot ahead of early championship leader Dani Pedrosa and Valentino Rossi, whose lap record Lorenzo snatched.

Reigning world champion Casey Stoner will start sixth after struggling on his Ducati.

Lorenzo, the rising Spanish star, is second in the rider's title race, five points behind Pedrosa, with Rossi 10 points off the pace.

In the 250cc race, Italy's Marco Simoncelli will start from pole, the fourth of his career but the first in this category.

Italian Simone Corsi, on an Aprilia, meanwhile qualified fastest for the 125cc race.

French rider Mike Di Meglio took a nasty fall after colliding with Ivan Maestro.

He was take from the track on a stretcher but escaped serious injury and is set to take part in the race.

Agence France-Presse

“It’s really hard to take an angry man seriously when he’s wearing a bathrobe.” - Carl Fogarty

Last edited by Yamahuh; 04-13-2008 at 07:16 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 71 (permalink) Old 04-12-2008, 11:39 PM

Should be a good race...
post #3 of 71 (permalink) Old 04-12-2008, 11:42 PM
7c Forever

well I think Yamaha's almost got it down. They've got a guy that's fast on Monday, a guy that's fast on Saturday, but still noone fast on Sunday, they're getting closer tho.

HAIL TO THE KING!!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 71 (permalink) Old 04-13-2008, 12:09 AM
Advanced Member

will definitely be a good race

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #5 of 71 (permalink) Old 04-13-2008, 12:17 AM
250 cc pilota.

Surely Yamaha is doing something right as they have all four bikes in the top six and three in the top six of the championship.

I hope it ends like this today.

1. Rossi
2. Lorenzo
3. Pedrosa

But looking at the race tire times Pedrosa and Lorenzo look just a tiny bit stronger than Rossi, who you never can rule out when it comes to racing.

It will be interesting to see how Stoner handles his handling problems, he is starting to show his whiny side a tad more recently.

post #6 of 71 (permalink) Old 04-13-2008, 12:19 AM
Advanced Member

whiny sux!
Biaggi went from one of my favorites back in the day to someone I'd bitch-slap now if I saw him due to his 24/7 whining
you get paid to ride a f'ing bike at the limit, if you can't hang go back home to Monaco!

post #7 of 71 (permalink) Old 04-13-2008, 12:26 AM Thread Starter
Abusin' the scooter

I'd like to see

Rossi
Hayden
Pedrosa
Toseland
Stoner

Lorenzo DNF

Improbable I know...

Quote:
Originally Posted by rweezystunner View Post
whiny sux!
Biaggi went from one of my favorites back in the day to someone I'd bitch-slap now if I saw him due to his 24/7 whining
you get paid to ride a f'ing bike at the limit, if you can't hang go back home to Monaco!
I still like Biaggi, he rides hard and is supremely capable ... sure he whines, but who doesn't? Rossi was whining all last year about his bike and his tyres, ditto Melandri, Edwards does nothing BUT whine as an excuse for his shoddy performances. The only guy who really goes out of his way not to whine publicly is Hayden and if anyone's had something to whine about over the past season it's him.

Just my 0.02 o' course

“It’s really hard to take an angry man seriously when he’s wearing a bathrobe.” - Carl Fogarty

Last edited by Yamahuh; 04-13-2008 at 12:26 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
post #8 of 71 (permalink) Old 04-13-2008, 12:28 AM
250 cc pilota.

I bet Stoner will miss at least one apex badly during today´s race. He will shake his head and blame another rider for something irrelevant.

post #9 of 71 (permalink) Old 04-13-2008, 12:32 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yamahuh View Post
I'd like to see

Rossi
Hayden
Pedrosa
Toseland
Stoner

Lorenzo DNF

Improbable I know...

I still like Biaggi, he rides hard and is supremely capable ... sure he whines, but who doesn't? Rossi was whining all last year about his bike and his tyres, ditto Melandri, Edwards does nothing BUT whine as an excuse for his shoddy performances. The only guy who really goes out of his way not to whine publicly is Hayden and if anyone's had something to whine about over the past season it's him.

Just my 0.02 o' course
agreed bro, they all whine- I think Biaggi just stands out as the pioneer of really blaming everyone except his talent on a GP bike

by the way- how the hell do you guys multi-quote?

post #10 of 71 (permalink) Old 04-13-2008, 12:33 AM
7c Forever

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gustav O View Post
I bet Stoner will miss at least one apex badly during today´s race. He will shake his head and blame another rider for something irrelevant.
and I bet that Lorenzo throw's a tantrum and kicks over tire racks if another rider touches fairings with him in the race

I also bet that if he wins he'll continue to make an ass out of himself and prove what a fairy he is

sigh, i'm getting old and bitter, I'll not be getting up for this race.

HAIL TO THE KING!!

post #11 of 71 (permalink) Old 04-13-2008, 12:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gustav O View Post
It will be interesting to see how Stoner handles his handling problems, he is starting to show his whiny side a tad more recently.
I noticed that also, and he seems not able to take the pressure from a bad grid start.

Quote:
whiny sux!
Actually, I'm reversed lol, I used want to bitch-slap him, but recent years I kinda feel pity for him instead.
post #12 of 71 (permalink) Old 04-13-2008, 12:40 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by valerossi View Post
I noticed that also, and he seems not able to take the pressure from a bad grid start.

Actually, I'm reversed lol, I used want to bitch-slap him, but recent years I kinda feel pity for him instead.
ok so you got my curiosity going: why the 'pity'? seriously, I would like to hear an honest opinion from another side of the table

post #13 of 71 (permalink) Old 04-13-2008, 12:52 AM
7c Forever

'cause he's a mega talented rider that never managed to get it together. And he's actually a likeable guy, not batshit insane like Kocinski.

HAIL TO THE KING!!

post #14 of 71 (permalink) Old 04-13-2008, 01:05 AM
Advanced Member

ok you pulled out the Kocinski, damn that was good!
agreed on that one dude

post #15 of 71 (permalink) Old 04-13-2008, 01:28 AM

Quote:
ok so you got my curiosity going: why the 'pity'? seriously, I would like to hear an honest opinion from another side of the table
I don't know, after all these years, I just kinda feel bad for the guy, I mean he's definitely a very talented rider, but things just didn't go his way.
post #16 of 71 (permalink) Old 04-13-2008, 01:52 AM
7c Forever

Quote:
ok you pulled out the Kocinski, damn that was good!
agreed on that one dude
hehehehe, little Johnny was gonna be the second coming. "those guys should have about 3 years to win the championship, and if they can't do it in that time they should just THROW them out."

big words from a class rookie, LMAO. Reminds me of Lorenzo actually.

HAIL TO THE KING!!

post #17 of 71 (permalink) Old 04-13-2008, 02:07 AM
250 cc pilota.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Junior View Post
and I bet that Lorenzo throw's a tantrum and kicks over tire racks if another rider touches fairings with him in the race

I also bet that if he wins he'll continue to make an ass out of himself and prove what a fairy he is

sigh, i'm getting old and bitter, I'll not be getting up for this race.
So how much are we betting? A dollar?

post #18 of 71 (permalink) Old 04-13-2008, 02:24 AM
7c Forever

there's 20 kroner in it if you want. Got paypal?

HAIL TO THE KING!!

post #19 of 71 (permalink) Old 04-13-2008, 05:44 AM
Advanced Member

it stated in the speed tv report that horenzo and stoner had some type of confrontation but it didnt mention the details anyone hear anything on this heres the statement:
Reigning MotoGP World Champion Casey Stoner starts from the tail end of the third row in Estoril, after a problematic qualifying run. To add insult to injury, the Australian was also involved in a battle of gestures from new-boy Lorenzo early on in the session.

post #20 of 71 (permalink) Old 04-13-2008, 07:08 AM Thread Starter
Abusin' the scooter

*****spoiler*****

**** Spoiler****

**** Spoiler****

**** Spoiler****

**** Spoiler****

Jeezus F**kin Christ.
Out comes the 'Lorenzoland' flag and some stupid looking 'robot walk'
He ran a great race though, put hard passes on Pedrosa and Rossi ... big nosed little git!
Him and Pedrosa couldn't have stood much further apart on that podium without falling off.

Hayden threw it into the litter, doesn't happen very often, he was running 4th at the time
Dovizioso also threw it away a couple of laps earlier which seems to happen quite often, while also running 4th.
Toseland almost crashed after trying to elbow DePuniet out of the way after DeP put a seriously squirrely pass on him and looked waaay out of control while doing it, eventually finished 7th while DeP crashed and remounted to finish 15th.
Stoner was lucky to finish 6th after being as low as 11th at one point.
Hopper made good on the 'screamer' Kwack to finish 5th behind Edwards who ran a solid if uninspired race to finish 4th.

So:
Lorenzo
Pedrosa
Rossi
Edwards
Hopkins
Stoner
Toseland

Last edited by Yamahuh; 04-13-2008 at 07:12 AM.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sport Bike Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode