Racing MotoGP, WSBK, BSB, AMA, F1, WRC, DTM, NASCAR, etc...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 15 (permalink) Old 04-22-2008, 01:35 PM Thread Starter
250 cc pilota.

Rumours around Melandri and Kawasaki.

Italian rumours say that Melandri might replace West at Kawasaki. I know Italaina rumours are not that trust worthy but it might not be impossible. West has done nothing right and should be sacked and Melandri needs a change for sure and the questions is if a small chassis change is enough.

This is what he has written on his own web page.

"Whenever I think I've hit rock bottom, things just keep on getting worse,"
"I look like someone who's never ridden before,"
"a luxury spectator,"
"but only at the start, for after the first two corners, I can't see anyone else."

The article translated.
After winning the first race like if nothing had changed since last year when he became champion, Casey Stoner hasn't done anything right since. Rather than talking about tyre crisis we can talk about something not working in the chasis. Stoner survives awaiting for better times, Marco Melandri is looking for someone that will free him from Ducati. He has a 2 year contract, itīs unlikely it will reach end of year. The man from Ravenna, already in the Portugal weekend looked for a way to 'kill' the already strained relationship. Be it with the red bike he cannot ride or be it with the Ducati manager Livio Suppo. At Estoril Melandri spent a lot of time in the Gresini team looking for a conversation, a return to the past. He could easily find a place in Kawasaki, who are tired of Anthony West, but the question is still far from being solved. The only sure thing is that Marco will not race for Ducati for long. His place could be taken by the young Nicolo Canepa, test rider that currently rides quicker than the race driver. We await to see what happens in China, where MotoGP will arrive guided by Jorge Lorenzo and Dani Pedrosa, leading the championship with 61 pts, with Rossi, third, only 14 pts behind and Stoner 4th, 7 points further behind. In a long championship everything still to be decided. Though some 'pawn' will soon be changed.

The link: http://www.corrieredellosport.it/Not...%20la%20Ducati

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 15 (permalink) Old 04-22-2008, 01:38 PM

Italian racing rumors, I'd read it like I read Harry Potter...
post #3 of 15 (permalink) Old 04-22-2008, 02:12 PM
Ask the Chief

Amazing how a rider's performance is now tied to so few races. Three races into the season, and Marco has already given up on Ducati (and vice versa) and Stoner is a has-been. WTF is going on?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 15 (permalink) Old 04-22-2008, 03:58 PM
Mat

Give Melandri a few more races at the Ducati (Casey Stoner) friendly tracks and I'm sure the MRNG (Marco Random Number Genarator) will start producing some single figure results.

I highly doubt that Marco would have written off any chance to be successful on the duke just yet.
post #5 of 15 (permalink) Old 04-22-2008, 04:07 PM
Resident Redneck

Send a message via Skype™ to Biga
Quote:
Originally Posted by valerossi View Post
Italian racing rumors, I'd read it like I read Harry Potter...

post #6 of 15 (permalink) Old 04-22-2008, 07:03 PM
Gang Green

I'd be ok with it. West has somehow managed to get slower then last year on the same bike.

post #7 of 15 (permalink) Old 04-22-2008, 11:27 PM

Casey hasn't done anything right since? He's won one third of the races this year ... I would've thought 33% win ratio was pretty good!
post #8 of 15 (permalink) Old 04-23-2008, 01:56 AM Thread Starter
250 cc pilota.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geggog View Post
Casey hasn't done anything right since? He's won one third of the races this year ... I would've thought 33% win ratio was pretty good!
That is very good but the last two races havenīt been good for him, even if you are a Stoner fan to the bone you have to admit that he has looked very troubled both on track and in the pits. China will be very interesting to follow as Rossi was close to Stoner there last year but the difference between the bikes speed are much smaller now and Rossis got Bridgestones.

post #9 of 15 (permalink) Old 04-23-2008, 10:21 AM
7c Forever

everybody has downturns. I am interested to see if Casey can pick it back up. I think his personality is the type that will allow him to do it, but I don't know forsure. He just reminds me so much of Doohan that I can't see him "giving up."

HAIL TO THE KING!!

post #10 of 15 (permalink) Old 04-23-2008, 04:42 PM
BabyEater

Send a message via MSN to Lord_Phat
Quote:
Originally Posted by Junior View Post
everybody has downturns. I am interested to see if Casey can pick it back up. I think his personality is the type that will allow him to do it, but I don't know forsure. He just reminds me so much of Doohan that I can't see him "giving up."
i believe anyone in the ducati pit would have been expecting the first three races to pan out the way they did; good, bad, bad... what they would have been looking for was a little more damage control than what they got...

perhaps westie and marco should swap seats?

prejudices are what fools use for reason
post #11 of 15 (permalink) Old 04-24-2008, 04:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord_Phat View Post
perhaps westie and marco should swap seats?
It will make no difference in the outcome...
post #12 of 15 (permalink) Old 04-25-2008, 02:07 AM Thread Starter
250 cc pilota.

Quote:
Originally Posted by valerossi View Post
It will make no difference in the outcome...
Not for West but probably for Melandri. melandri is far better than West, hands down, all days of the week.

post #13 of 15 (permalink) Old 04-25-2008, 02:19 AM
7c Forever

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gustav O View Post
Not for West but probably for Melandri. melandri is far better than West, hands down, all days of the week.
that sounds like a challenge

flattrackers at dawn bitch.

HAIL TO THE KING!!

post #14 of 15 (permalink) Old 04-26-2008, 02:22 AM
Team America Support Crew

Send a message via Yahoo to Warp Racer
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Junior View Post
that sounds like a challenge

flattrackers at dawn bitch.
and just to make Biga feel better... make sure they're HD V-twins

ONCE YOU'VE HAD ASIAN, YOU WILL NEVER TOUCH CAUCASIAN

OLD AGE AND TREACHERY WILL ALWAYS OVERCOME YOUTH AND ENTHUSIASM
post #15 of 15 (permalink) Old 04-26-2008, 01:45 PM

Casey finished 5th in Spain last year, this year he had a worse race, but I don't see that as a sign of things to come this year... even Rossi has managed to fuck things up.

The last round he managed a 6th spot vs. 3rd last year, so they missed the setup this time around... big deal.

Its a long season folks... longer than the chinese straight that is coming in the next round. I will be very surprised if Casey win in China.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sport Bike Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode