Racing MotoGP, WSBK, BSB, AMA, F1, WRC, DTM, NASCAR, etc...

View Poll Results: WSBK or MotoGP
WSBK 14 45.16%
MotoGP 17 54.84%
Voters: 31. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 69 (permalink) Old 05-12-2008, 10:39 AM Thread Starter
Abusin' the scooter

Send a message via Skype™ to Yamahuh
WSBK or MotoGP... which one spins your crank?

I must admit that MotoGP is shaping up to be an excellent season with 4 different winners fromn 4 races but I'm a bit disappointed by the races themselves. One guy seems to get out front and put massive distance on anyone following, which doesn't make for exciting racing in the final laps.

That being said after just watching the Monza round of WSBK I have to say that you couldn't ask for closer more thrilling racing. For a few seasons now WSBK has provided all the thrills you could possibly want from world class racing (with the exception perhaps of MotoGP in 2006).

So what do you think?
Which one spins your crank the most and why?

Its really hard to take an angry man seriously when hes wearing a bathrobe. - Carl Fogarty
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 69 (permalink) Old 05-12-2008, 11:13 AM

Tough call.
I love both series and really can't pick one over the other.
I like the fact that WSBK bikes are based on production models.
I've went to all the MotoGP races held here over the years and now i can't wait for the WSBK round that will take place here in November (after a long period of absense)
post #3 of 69 (permalink) Old 05-12-2008, 11:49 AM
Resident Redneck

Send a message via Skype™ to Biga
GP and only GP, SBK is great but I just don't have the time for it.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 69 (permalink) Old 05-12-2008, 11:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Biga View Post
GP and only GP, SBK is great but I just don't have the time for it.
Let me guess.... you ride a Harley, don't ya?

post #5 of 69 (permalink) Old 05-12-2008, 12:00 PM
Resident Redneck

I would watch it if HD entered it

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #6 of 69 (permalink) Old 05-12-2008, 12:32 PM

As far as entertainment value goes... for me WSBK & WSS are more fun to watch than any other series I have access to...

125 & 250gp are likely to be as entertainment, but speed wont show enough of them for me to stay on top of it like I can WSBK & MotoGP.

MotoGP is still motorcycle racing, so I wont stop watching any time soon
post #7 of 69 (permalink) Old 05-12-2008, 12:33 PM
Resident Redneck

^ You can't stop watching it cause CE rides in it

post #8 of 69 (permalink) Old 05-12-2008, 03:21 PM

I like MotoGP more, but I watched live both Monza WSBK races and I must admit it was quite entertaining, especially Race #2.
post #9 of 69 (permalink) Old 05-12-2008, 04:06 PM
Mat

I find that overall WSBK probably produces the most entertaining races, however I still find myself being drawn more to MotoGP. I guess all of the glitz and glammer along with the higher media coverage and hype makes MotoGP more entertaining off the track, which makes me live in hope that the next MotoGP race will be exciting.
Hopefully one day in the future the races become closer.
post #10 of 69 (permalink) Old 05-12-2008, 06:31 PM
7c Forever

World Supers.

I've had it with GP's 'glitz and glamour.' and I'm sick of pushover riders and breakaway wins.

Supers have gnarly bar bashing passes, riders that aren't press trained, close racing, couldn't ask for more.

250gp is more entertaining than 800gp in my mind. Even there tho there's alot of the glitz, glamour, drama and passion BS.

HAIL TO THE KING!!

post #11 of 69 (permalink) Old 05-12-2008, 08:30 PM
Team America Support Crew

Send a message via Yahoo to Warp Racer
Talking

Nobody mentioned British Superbike Series, one of the toughest on the planet.

(yeah yeah, I know you guys would have mentioned AMA in the list)

ONCE YOU'VE HAD ASIAN, YOU WILL NEVER TOUCH CAUCASIAN

OLD AGE AND TREACHERY WILL ALWAYS OVERCOME YOUTH AND ENTHUSIASM
post #12 of 69 (permalink) Old 05-12-2008, 09:10 PM
No Crying Allowed

You need one that says BOTH

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

|
|
|
|
post #13 of 69 (permalink) Old 05-12-2008, 09:27 PM
BabyEater

Send a message via MSN to Lord_Phat
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mat View Post
I find that overall WSBK probably produces the most entertaining races, however I still find myself being drawn more to MotoGP.

pretty much the same for me... i enjoy the hell out of supers when i watch it, but struggle to make enough time to keep up with both series... in that respect, i choose keeping up with gp and watch supers when i get the opportunity

prejudices are what fools use for reason
post #14 of 69 (permalink) Old 05-12-2008, 09:40 PM
No Crying Allowed

I added both... lol

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

|
|
|
|
post #15 of 69 (permalink) Old 05-13-2008, 01:52 AM
250 cc pilota.

Both of course, and some BSB, AMA, UEM and Swedish Championships to get it all. Only thing I find truly boring is Endurance. Probably great fun to be part of but to watch?

post #16 of 69 (permalink) Old 05-13-2008, 02:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by R1LOVER View Post
I added both... lol
Voted

But that does defeat the meaning of the question
post #17 of 69 (permalink) Old 05-13-2008, 05:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MV-999R View Post
Voted

But that does defeat the meaning of the question
I'd bet you hear this quite often...
post #18 of 69 (permalink) Old 05-13-2008, 06:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mat View Post
I find that overall WSBK probably produces the most entertaining races, however I still find myself being drawn more to MotoGP. I guess all of the glitz and glammer along with the higher media coverage and hype makes MotoGP more entertaining off the track, which makes me live in hope that the next MotoGP race will be exciting.
Hopefully one day in the future the races become closer.

The competitiveness of WSBK weekend is amazing, even moreso the supersport and superstock catagories ... where the riders are crazy and leave absolutely nothing in the shed.
post #19 of 69 (permalink) Old 05-13-2008, 04:45 PM

competition is what i like to watch. it doesn't matter which series. if it's a close battle, i'll be interested

while the championship is close, motogp is only interesting for maybe the third when everyone's still jockeying for position.

wsb is not as close as bayliss is looking to run away with the championship if he keeps this up, however the racing is always fairly close. like race 2 @ monza, podium spots were all decided in the last corner of the last lap

i don't even bother watching AMA anymore as we all know it's going to be either ben or mat

AFM #282
post #20 of 69 (permalink) Old 05-13-2008, 06:09 PM
No Crying Allowed

What I see here is everyone likes close racing..... (wsbk) yet when the question has been raised of a spec tire in motogp everyone says no.... but you see this is one major factor of why wsbk is such close racing....

Interesting......

|
|
|
|

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sport Bike Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode