Racing MotoGP, WSBK, BSB, AMA, F1, WRC, DTM, NASCAR, etc...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 16 (permalink) Old 05-25-2008, 11:51 AM Thread Starter
7c Forever

Canadian Superbike Round 1- Calabogie ***SPOILERS***

Barney is up here to race with the canucks this weekend

Superpole results:
Spoiler:
CALABOGIE, Ont. – Kevin Lacombe claimed pole position for Sunday’s opening round of the Parts Canada Superbike Championship at Calabogie Motorsports Park with a spectacular effort in Pirelli Superpole qualifying on Saturday.

The Granby, Que. racer took his Team Toyota Yamaha / Fast Company Racing Yamaha YZF-R1 around the 2.81km Calabogie Stadium Track in one minute, 8.440 seconds, beating the time of defending series champion Jordan Szoke by just six-thousandths of a second.

“It was an excellent lap for sure but I think I could have done a little better,” said Lacombe. “Out of turn 1 I had a wobble and in the last turn I got sideways. We’ve struggled since we got here but we found a good set-up this morning.”

For his performance Lacombe earned the $500 Inside Motorcycles Pole Position Award and four points toward the Parts Canada Superbike Championship.

Szoke settled for the second starting spot for Sunday’s race on his Canadian Kawasaki Motors Kawasaki ZX-10R and Michael Barnes of Boca Raton, Fla. qualified third with a time of 1:09.100 riding the Acceleration Racing Suzuki GSX-R1000.

Brett McCormick of Saskatoon will complete the front row for Sunday’s race, sponsored by Waste Management of Canada and the Ottawa Citizen, after setting a time of 1:09.108 on the Canadian Kawasaki Motors Kawasaki ZX-10R.

This marked the first time a North American motorcycle road racing series has used the Superpole single-bike qualifying format. The system has been popularized in the World Superbike Championship.

McCormick was the third of the 10 riders to take his Superpole lap, and his time stood up until Barnes, the eighth rider in line, edged ahead of him. Szoke was next and turned his 1:08.446, putting the pressure on Lacombe, the final rider of the session.

Szoke is trying to claim his third straight Parts Canada Superbike Championship and his fifth Canadian national title.

“I had a little moment coming onto the front straight. The front end tucked a little,” Szoke said. “It was still a good time, I guess just not good enough. But I feel we’re strong. I think we’re still the favorites for the race.”

The Team Suzuki / Blackfoot / Picotte Racing Suzuki GSX-R1000s will fill the second row of Sunday’s starting grid. Matthew McBride of Mississauga, Ont. set the fifth fastest time in the Pirelli Superpole session with a 1:09.570. He was followed by Calgary’s Chris Peris at 1:10.079 and Francis Martin of Sherbrooke, Que. with a 1:10.962.

The remaining Pirelli Superpole qualifiers were Steve Crevier of Maple Ridge, B.C. in eighth aboard the Deeley Harley-Davidson Canada / Ruthless Racing Buell 1125R, Jeremy Stepper of Calgary ninth on the Stepper Racing Suzuki GSX-R1000 and Hamilton, Ont.’s Ross Millson 10th riding the RMP Racing Suzuki GSX-R1000.

Szoke opened his bid for a third straight Yoshimura Pro 600 Sport Bike title with pole position for Sunday’s season opener. Szoke recorded a time of 1:09.364 on his Kawasaki ZX-6R to edge Peris, who recorded a 1:09.410 on his Suzuki GSX-R600. McCormick completed the top three with a time of 1:09.932 on another Kawasaki ZX-6R.

Valter Bartolini of Bologna, Italy qualified fastest for the Canadian Thunder class with a time of 1:11.291 riding the NCR-Ducati 848. Bartolini’s teammate Andrew Nelson of Kars, Ont. was second with a time of 1:11.711 on the second NCR-Ducati and Dave Estok of New Smyrna Beach, Fla. claimed third on the starting grid with a 1:12.729 riding the Deeley Harley-Davidson Canada / Ruthless Racing Buell 1125R.

Ottawa racer Jim Proulx set the fastest time in Canadian Sport Twins qualifying with a 1:14.081 on his Buell XB12R.

Jodi Christie of Keene, Ont. claimed pole for the Armour Bodies Amateur 600 Sport Bike class with a time of 1:11.881 on his Yamaha YZF-R6

In other qualifying action at Calabogie Motorsports Park, Rob Busby of Brantford, Ont. was fastest in the Suzuki SV650 National Cup with a time of 1:15.735 and St-Colonban, Que.’s Raphael Archambault led the Honda CBR125R Challenge competitors with a fastest lap of 1:34.649.

Races in all national classes are scheduled to go Sunday. Practice starts at 9:00 a.m. with the first race slated for 11:30 a.m.

This weekend’s event will be shown on TSN and TSN-HD on Tuesday, Sept. 9 from 1:00-2:00 p.m. and again on Saturday, Sept. 13 from 4:00-5:00 a.m. All times are Eastern.

And Pro600 qualifying: Get used to the pro600 shit guys, if DMG have their way it's what you'll be seeing next year. Actually Colin Fraser has been running our series for a couple of years now, so we're familiar with his stuff. The one thing I will say is that it sure hasn't changed who's winning races, it's the same couple of guys all the time, and when those couple of guys move to a different team, they still flounder like you'd expect.

Anyhow, without further adieu
Spoiler:
Two-time defending Yoshimura Pro 600 Sport Bike champion Jordan Szoke will start his Kawasaki ZX-6R from pole position for Sunday’s 14-lap final around the 2.81-KM Calabogie Motorsports Park “Stadium” circuit.

Szoke, riding a Canadian Kawasaki Factory bike posted his pole-setting time of 1:09.364 after leading for much of the 20-minute timed qualifying session.

Second fastest qualifier was Chris Peris on a Team Suzuki / Blackfoot / Picotte Performance Suzuki GSX-R600 with a best lap of 1:09.410. Peris has topped most of the 600 class practice sessions so far this weekend.

Brett McCormick was third quickest this afternoon with a 1:09.932 on another Canadian Kawasaki.

Completing the front row for Sunday’s starting lineup is Kevin Lacombe. Lacombe, riding a Team Toyota Yamaha Fast Company Racing machine ran a fastest lap of 1:09.935.

All taken from www.cdnsuperbike.com good site that, it's not motogp.com level, but it's pretty good, if you're really into this stuff there's an RSS feed aswell, they've been experimenting with live webcasts for the track commentary lately too.

I'll post race results as I get 'em.

There's mumblings of Szoke and McCormick to have wildcard seats for WSBK at Miller.

HAIL TO THE KING!!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by Junior; 05-25-2008 at 11:51 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 16 (permalink) Old 05-25-2008, 01:06 PM Thread Starter
7c Forever

Pro600 race results:
Spoiler:

These are unofficial.
1. Jordan Szoke
2. Brett McCormick
3. Matt McBride
4. Kevin Lacombe

Also of note is that Karl Daigle came in 6th, he's multiple time national ice racing champ up here, talented kid, but he's from Northern Ontario or Western Quebec, his english is shaky at best and as such I think he has a real hard time getting sponsors. Him and McCormick used to duke it out something fierce in amateur 600, both great riders, but it's a good example of what poor langauge skills does to your career options.

HAIL TO THE KING!!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 16 (permalink) Old 05-25-2008, 03:37 PM Thread Starter
7c Forever

Superbike Results:
Spoiler:

1. Jordan Szoke
2. Kevin Lacombe
3. Steve "the squid kid" Crevier
4. Francis Martin

holy f*cking shit, I think the sky is falling, Squiddy put a Buell on the box, and beat out both the Suzuki's to do it. I don't even know what to say to that.

HAIL TO THE KING!!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 16 (permalink) Old 05-25-2008, 06:17 PM
Resident Redneck

Send a message via Skype™ to Biga
Canadian Superbike????????????

What is that???

post #5 of 16 (permalink) Old 05-25-2008, 06:57 PM Thread Starter
7c Forever

something that nearly cost you your life many moons ago?

HAIL TO THE KING!!

post #6 of 16 (permalink) Old 05-25-2008, 06:59 PM
Resident Redneck

OH!!!

Ya, the only thing I watch now is GP.

But thanks for posting the result

post #7 of 16 (permalink) Old 05-25-2008, 07:00 PM Thread Starter
7c Forever

I just wish I could have been there. Allwell, I'll be at Mosport.

you coming to Shannonville this year?

HAIL TO THE KING!!

post #8 of 16 (permalink) Old 05-26-2008, 07:50 AM
Gang Green

I'll probably make mosport, maybe shannonville too.

post #9 of 16 (permalink) Old 05-26-2008, 07:59 AM Thread Starter
7c Forever

sweet deal we'll have to get a little party together

Post race dyno results for Superbike
Spoiler:

Parts Canada Superbike Round 1

Finishing Position 1st------- 2nd--- -------3rd
Number -----------1----------34------------14
Name-----------Szoke----Lacombe---- Crevier
Bike----------Kawasaki--- Yamaha ------Buell
Horsepower--173.52------176.58------134.08
Weight (lbs)---378----------400----------409

That's called riding the wheels off it.

HAIL TO THE KING!!

post #10 of 16 (permalink) Old 05-26-2008, 10:16 AM
Resident Redneck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Junior View Post
I just wish I could have been there. Allwell, I'll be at Mosport.

you coming to Shannonville this year?

To be honest the only race I'm watching live this year will be at Indy.

If you do go JR let me know however.

post #11 of 16 (permalink) Old 05-26-2008, 10:33 AM

No pics?
post #12 of 16 (permalink) Old 05-26-2008, 12:51 PM Thread Starter
7c Forever

could scrounge some up, there something in particular you're after?

HAIL TO THE KING!!

post #13 of 16 (permalink) Old 05-26-2008, 03:10 PM

Quote:
could scrounge some up, there something in particular you're after?
Nothing in particular.
Just to see the bikes (brands, sponsors etc...) you guys have competing there
post #14 of 16 (permalink) Old 05-26-2008, 03:13 PM
Resident Redneck

Quote:
Originally Posted by MV-999R View Post
No pics?

It's hard to take pics when your camera keeps freezing up

post #15 of 16 (permalink) Old 05-26-2008, 05:03 PM
250 cc pilota.

Quote:
sweet deal we'll have to get a little party together

Post race dyno results for Superbike
Spoiler:

Parts Canada Superbike Round 1

Finishing Position 1st------- 2nd--- -------3rd
Number -----------1----------34------------14
Name-----------Szoke----Lacombe---- Crevier
Bike----------Kawasaki--- Yamaha ------Buell
Horsepower--173.52------176.58------134.08
Weight (lbs)---378----------400----------409

That's called riding the wheels off it.
Wow. Thatīs pretty f''ing impressive by Crevier.

post #16 of 16 (permalink) Old 05-26-2008, 06:15 PM Thread Starter
7c Forever

He also held of Francis Martin for 3rd, and Francis' tuner won tuner of the year last year for being reliably closest to the hp limit without breaching it. I'd have a 20 with anybody that Francis' bike was between 177 and 180.

Sorry no pics yet guys, I've got a buddy that was there and should have gotten some, I'll get 'em up as soon as I can.

HAIL TO THE KING!!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sport Bike Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode