Racing MotoGP, WSBK, BSB, AMA, F1, WRC, DTM, NASCAR, etc...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 42 (permalink) Old 05-29-2008, 04:07 PM Thread Starter
250 cc pilota.

Gran Premio D´Italia Alice

Time for yet another battle Royal in the Tuscan country side. Great track, great atmosphere and Rossi on a roll. Can anything stop him from taking an unpresedented seventh win in a row at Mugello?
Rossi clearly happy with his Yamaha, as he said he was more than 90% likely to re-sign in the near future, has to be the hands down favourite.
Pedrosa, X Fuera and Stoner first in line to upset Rossis applecart.

It will be interesting to see if the other Italians can get an extra boot up their arses and get going even more. Horsefaced Melandir needs anothe result like CHina to rejuvenate his career a bit. Dovisiozo eager to show his worth and steall Haydens seat and Capirex has done well at this track before.

40 something NSR500V master Okada will race the new pneumatic valve Honda for the first race and is more than likely to kick Wests arse good time. I am looking forward to that!

So what are your thoughts then?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by Gustav O; 05-29-2008 at 04:10 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 42 (permalink) Old 05-29-2008, 05:11 PM

LOL

I'm looking forward to Stoner sorting his demons... if not. It may indeed be another run away up front victory in the super entertaining MotoGP. Bleh!

Dewd... I think West forgot where the throttle is.

If the Honda makes it to the end, Okada will likely end up midpack... we'll see.
post #3 of 42 (permalink) Old 05-29-2008, 06:43 PM
Abusin' the scooter

Send a message via Skype™ to Yamahuh
My money's on Vale for win #7.
I'd like to see Hayden podium but don't think it will happen, Whore-Gay will probably be #2 with Pedrosa #3.
I hope J-T puts a good race together for top 5 and I also hope that Hopper has a good result. Stoner? I'm ambivalent towards him, so I don't really care so long as he doesn't win.

“It’s really hard to take an angry man seriously when he’s wearing a bathrobe.” - Carl Fogarty
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 42 (permalink) Old 05-29-2008, 07:51 PM
7c Forever

I would like to see Tady do better than expectations, nice guy, good rider (REAL winner of the 2002 Suzuka 8 hour, able to hang with Rossi on a superbike.) And iirc he's a qualified engineer aswell, helps Honda out by test-riding and providing some seriously educated feedback about the bike, He was one of the primary test riders behind the 211v.

That said, it's not gonna matter, HRC have proven before that they're not gonna let him win over their golden children if they can do anything about it, so don't look to see him beat either Hayden or Pedrosa, likely he'll land mid-pack but as long as it's ahead of some established names, I'm good with that.

HAIL TO THE KING!!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #5 of 42 (permalink) Old 05-30-2008, 01:18 AM Thread Starter
250 cc pilota.

I don´t think Okada will beat any other Honda riders, maybe De Angelis, as he hasn´t done any sprintracing in a loooong time. I hope he does well but the bike is crap.

Quote:
Originally Posted by racerraul View Post
LOL

I'm looking forward to Stoner sorting his demons... if not. It may indeed be another run away up front victory in the super entertaining MotoGP. Bleh!

Dewd... I think West forgot where the throttle is.

If the Honda makes it to the end, Okada will likely end up midpack... we'll see.
I don´t think it will be a run away victoryat Mugello. The track usually provides great racing down to the wire and all italians will perform better than normal so I think it will be good. Maybe not Monza slipstreaming tight til the line but not far off.

Last edited by Gustav O; 05-30-2008 at 01:18 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
post #6 of 42 (permalink) Old 05-30-2008, 06:44 AM
Advanced Member

what's the latest update on Lorenzo?
Sorry guys- been kinda tied up at work and have not followed post-flight injury updates

post #7 of 42 (permalink) Old 05-30-2008, 07:28 AM Thread Starter
250 cc pilota.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rweezystunner View Post
what's the latest update on Lorenzo?
Sorry guys- been kinda tied up at work and have not followed post-flight injury updates
He is out of the wheel chair but uses crutches. Still fast as a fart though.

post #8 of 42 (permalink) Old 05-30-2008, 01:59 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gustav O View Post
He is out of the wheel chair but uses crutches. Still fast as a fart though.
thank you

post #9 of 42 (permalink) Old 05-30-2008, 02:10 PM
7c Forever

so we've got West and Okada back in the premier class, where's Sete and little Haslam, and Jurgen!!

V-twin wonderkid reunion tour!!

HAIL TO THE KING!!

post #10 of 42 (permalink) Old 05-31-2008, 11:08 AM

post #11 of 42 (permalink) Old 05-31-2008, 11:51 AM
No Crying Allowed

I love that new helmet

Quote:
Valentino Rossi brought out the best for his home fans once again in Mugello this afternoon, taking a stunning pole position to ensure he will start tomorrow’s quest for a ninth Mugello victory in the best possible way. The Italian’s 50th career pole has been a long time in coming, his last one having been at Catalunya last season, almost one year ago. It is also his first for Bridgestone and Yamaha’s fifth from six races this season.

Rossi greeted his fans in slightly unusual fashion today as he unveiled his traditional one-off Mugello helmet, which this year carries a picture of his face on top of it. Joking aside however this morning’s practice was another disjointed session with the track drying throughout after yet another rain shower and Rossi finishing sixth. After his crew made some slight, but important modifications to his M1 over lunch it was a different story this afternoon, as Rossi dominated a hot and sunny qualifying session. He was consistently fast on race tyres and then improved with the first three of his four Bridgestone qualifying tyres, bettering the existing pole position lap by more than 0.8 seconds with the third.

Rossi’s team-mate Jorge Lorenzo struggled with the lack of dry track time after yesterday’s washout and was unable to find a perfect set-up for his M1, qualifying at the head of the second row in seventh. After two days of poor weather however the sun that finally came out this afternoon looks set to continue through tomorrow, when the 23-lap Italian Grand Prix gets underway at 1400 local time.

Valentino Rossi 1st 1'48.130; “This is a great, great qualifying because it’s been a long wait to be on pole position again, almost one year exactly! Now for sure we will try to win tomorrow. To be honest I was quite worried after practice this morning because we had a few problems with the set-up and I couldn’t find my rhythm, but I want to say thank you to all my team because they made a great job during lunch, we did some important modifications and then this afternoon I had the feeling and the speed that I wanted. We’re now fast on race tyres but we still need to make our final decision about which tyre to use and we will do this when we see the conditions tomorrow. It’s great to make my first pole with Bridgestone and I think 48.1 is a very fast time and it shows how good their qualifying tyres are now.
It’s good as well to have two Italians on the front row and now I hope we have a lot of people here tomorrow and that we can make a big party once again! I have to be honest about my helmet, it was Aldo Drudi’s idea this time but I think it’s one of the best ever! It’s not a drawing, it’s a real picture of my face at the braking at the end of the straight here and I think it’s very funny!”

Davide Brivio Team Manager; “It’s been a bit of wait to return to the front of the grid but it’s nice to do it for the first time with Bridgestone here in Mugello, it’s extra special for everyone! Congratulations are also due to the Yamaha engineers because this is their sixth pole of the season so it’s clear that they have built a fantastic bike. With the reduced time we’ve had here in the dry our engineers have done a great job to find such a good set-up and to enable Valentino to have such a strong pace, both on race tyres and on qualifiers. We’re in the best position for the race; hopefully it will be dry and we can continue our successful weekend.”

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

|
|
|
|
post #12 of 42 (permalink) Old 05-31-2008, 12:25 PM

Man I saw those pics, hillarious Helmet scheme.... if only GP bikes had rear view mirrors, it would be one heck of a distraction lol.

Gustav... hope you're right. Getting tired of the podium being established with 10 laps to go.

Someone hunt a video of Whoregay doing a rice fly-by near a camera and edit the sound to a short squeeky fart... LOL
post #13 of 42 (permalink) Old 05-31-2008, 07:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by racerraul View Post
Man I saw those pics, hillarious Helmet scheme.... if only GP bikes had rear view mirrors, it would be one heck of a distraction lol.

Gustav... hope you're right. Getting tired of the podium being established with 10 laps to go.

Someone hunt a video of Whoregay doing a rice fly-by near a camera and edit the sound to a short squeeky fart... LOL
Occationally some dudes look back! :
However, I fear that if people were to pass Rossi and look back they'd be in danger of DNF'ing due to laughing their asses off.

Awesome helmet.
I'm giving it a full pot of dancing bananas for awesomeness and use of colours
post #14 of 42 (permalink) Old 05-31-2008, 07:35 PM
Abusin' the scooter

That helmet is farkin' hilarious!!
Gotta love the Dr.

“It’s really hard to take an angry man seriously when he’s wearing a bathrobe.” - Carl Fogarty
post #15 of 42 (permalink) Old 05-31-2008, 10:23 PM
Advanced Member

holy crap thats a f'ing hysterical helmet

post #16 of 42 (permalink) Old 06-01-2008, 07:00 AM
Abusin' the scooter

**** Spoiler ****

**** SPOILER ****

**** SPOILER ****

**** SPOILER ****

**** SPOILER ****

**** SPOILER ****

**** SPOILER ****

1: Rossi
2: Stoner
3: Pedrosa
4: DeAngelis
5: Edwards
6: Toseland
7: Capirex
8: Dovizioso
9: Nakano
10: Vermeulen

Who would have bet against the Dr?
His 7th successive win at Mugello was dominant and faultless once he hit the front after a poor start which allowed Pedrosa, Stoner and Capirossi to get ahead of him.
Alex DeAngelis had a fantastic ride through the field after a terrible start which saw him close to, if not at, the back of the pack in the first lap. He clawed his way back to finish fourth in an inspired ride.
What could have happened if he'd had a better start?
C.E and J-T had a great battle with Edwards finally winning out for another top 5 finish.

Haydens' demons continue with him slipping constantly backwards to finish a very disappointing 13th. Jorge Lorenzo crashed out for the first time this season after pushing the front through a fast right and trying to save it with his knee ... every week his scrappiness continues to win me over.
If he'd just get rid of the goddamn chuppa chups!!

Hopper crashed out and ... surprise, surprise ... so did DePuniet, unfortunately his trip to the litter also forced Melandri off the track too! Poor Marco, between him and Hopper I don't know who is having the more unfortunate season.
And in yet another surprise result Ant. West finished dead last.
Who woulda thunk?

Current MotoGP world championship standings:

1 V Rossi (It) Yamaha 122points
2 D Pedrosa (Sp) Honda 110
3 J Lorenzo (Sp) Yamaha 94
4 C Stoner (Aus) Ducati 76
5 C Edwards (US) Yamaha 58

Last edited by Yamahuh; 06-01-2008 at 07:57 AM.
post #17 of 42 (permalink) Old 06-01-2008, 09:57 AM
No Crying Allowed

GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO ROSSI!

I love seeing this after all the people saying he was done...

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

|
|
|
|
post #18 of 42 (permalink) Old 06-01-2008, 04:18 PM Thread Starter
250 cc pilota.

Impressive stuff rom Rossi and from De Angelis! The racing wasn´t that great though but De Angelis chasing through the field like a maniac was fun to watch.
This surely has to be Haydens last year on the Honda - for his own sake. Today he gets beaten by three stallite team riders and some of them gave him a real spanking. Sad to see really.

post #19 of 42 (permalink) Old 06-01-2008, 04:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gustav O View Post
This surely has to be Haydens last year on the Honda - for his own sake. Today he gets beaten by three stallite team riders and some of them gave him a real spanking. Sad to see really.

As much as I hate to admit it, I think you may be right on this one. Maybe a change in scenery is in order to get him back running with the top guys. If Colin does go to Kawasaki that opens up a slot at Yamaha, maybe he will fit better there...
post #20 of 42 (permalink) Old 06-01-2008, 04:30 PM Thread Starter
250 cc pilota.

Talking about getting his head straight. Simonchellis move on Barbera was terrible. In my opinion he should be disqualified but I guess the race direction wouldn´t dare to do that. Downright dangerous stuff from him.

Tags
2008, free practise, italy, motogp, qualifying, race, result, spoilers

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sport Bike Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode