Racing MotoGP, WSBK, BSB, AMA, F1, WRC, DTM, NASCAR, etc...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 17 (permalink) Old 05-29-2008, 09:03 PM Thread Starter
Abusin' the scooter

Send a message via Skype™ to Yamahuh
Edwards to Team Green for 2009?

I don't understand why teams keep waving money at the guy but here's the latest:

Edwards´ Kawasaki discussions confirmed

Tech 3 Yamaha´s Colin Edwards has been talking with a number of teams in order to secure a ride for 2009, with Kawasaki admitting contact with the American.

Colin Edwards´ future in the MotoGP World Championship after 2008 is still to be decided, and the Tech 3 Yamaha rider has been engaged in preliminary discussions with some of the main players in the paddock. The `Texas Tornado´ has been linked with one of the seats thus far not confirmed for 2009, that currently occupied by Anthony West in the Kawasaki team.

Further credence has been lent to an Edwards switch to `Team Green´ -a move which would see him team up with friend and fellow American John Hopkins- by talks made between the veteran and Kawasaki boss Michael Bartholemy after his pole and podium in Le Mans. The latter admitted in Mugello that contact had been made, but stressed that not too much should be read into what is regarded as standard practice in the series.

`I talk to Colin sometimes; he´s always good to talk to and a nice man. We have discussed his future a little, as is normal at this time in the year,´ was the most that the Belgian would disclose on the matter. Kawasaki´s signing of Hopkins was the earliest move of 2007, made shortly before last year´s German round of the World Championship.

Keen to keep the rider who has been a revelation ( one podium in 5 races is a revelation??) since his sideways move from the factory to satellite Yamaha team, Tech 3 Team Principal Herve Poncharal is also well aware of the precedents and factors that are set to come into play regarding the situation.

`We´re at the time when rumours are starting; everyone is talking with everyone. Colin has been with Yamaha for a long time, and I think that he is enjoying this link with us, but he hasn´t got a contract signed for 2009,´ detailed Poncharal, who indicated that the decision was not entirely in his hands.

`I can´t blame him for looking at other options. He is by far the favourite to be with the team next year, but we still have to talk about a few things. I´d love him to stay, but if he finds something better that I can´t match, then why not? That´s the game.´

“It’s really hard to take an angry man seriously when he’s wearing a bathrobe.” - Carl Fogarty
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 17 (permalink) Old 05-29-2008, 10:26 PM
No Crying Allowed

I think he will stay with Yami or move to the AMA so he can be back home with his family....

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
|
|
|
|
post #3 of 17 (permalink) Old 05-29-2008, 10:42 PM

This will be racerraul's dream team... Hopper + CE.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 17 (permalink) Old 05-30-2008, 01:14 AM
250 cc pilota.

At least a step up from West but...

post #5 of 17 (permalink) Old 05-30-2008, 06:42 AM
Advanced Member

some people are just good at making people want them
talk the talk, they act right, and finish races
no he's not podium material on a regular basis by any means, but he's not Randy "crash every 3 turns" DePuniet(sp) either

post #6 of 17 (permalink) Old 05-30-2008, 10:54 AM
Resident Redneck

Send a message via Skype™ to Biga

Quote:
Originally Posted by valerossi View Post
This will be racerraul's dream team... Hopper + CE.

post #7 of 17 (permalink) Old 05-30-2008, 12:15 PM
Gang Green

Hmm,
I like Colin, but I don't think he would bring podiums or wins to Kawi. He is getting on in years and seems to have trouble putting a whole race together consistantly. He's also a lifelong Michelin man, which would make his transition tough.

post #8 of 17 (permalink) Old 05-30-2008, 01:56 PM
7c Forever

jeez with Tady and West back, this is like... the V-twin vunderkid reunion tour.

Where's little Haslam at?

HAIL TO THE KING!!

post #9 of 17 (permalink) Old 05-30-2008, 03:55 PM
250 cc pilota.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Junior View Post
jeez with Tady and West back, this is like... the V-twin vunderkid reunion tour.

Where's little Haslam at?
The good Haslam or the average one?
I wish at least one bike had the ELF logo and a weird frame. Would feel much better.

post #10 of 17 (permalink) Old 05-30-2008, 08:25 PM Thread Starter
Abusin' the scooter

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenEnvy View Post
Hmm,
I like Colin, but I don't think he would bring podiums or wins to Kawi. He is getting on in years and seems to have trouble putting a whole race together consistantly.

Exactly, that's what i don't understand either ... why would you offer a ride to a guy who's definitely on the career downslope instead of some young up and comer. Even on arguably the best factory machinery in the paddock CE couldn't manage more than a couple of podiums. he seems to be having a bit better success for some reason with Tech 3 but I'm sure that he'll soon be back to mid pack again.

I just don't get it.

“It’s really hard to take an angry man seriously when he’s wearing a bathrobe.” - Carl Fogarty
post #11 of 17 (permalink) Old 05-30-2008, 08:43 PM
7c Forever

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gustav O View Post
I wish at least one bike had the ELF logo and a weird frame. Would feel much better.
the average one.

LOL ya, I miss the bizarre elf's with pipes sticking out over the riders shoulders too. I mean they never came too much, but points for LSD induced creativity and shittons of nose grinding work.

who the hell else was on those V-twins? god it's enough years ago now that I'm struggling to come up with the rest of the names, there was a small army of youngens on them tho, Honda expecting the "young blood" to be able to hold a candle to Mick, LMAO, like as if.

HAIL TO THE KING!!

post #12 of 17 (permalink) Old 05-30-2008, 08:53 PM Thread Starter
Abusin' the scooter

Quote:
The Rocket one...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg alt+-+elf+honda.jpg (33.4 KB, 6 views)

Last edited by Yamahuh; 05-30-2008 at 08:56 PM.
post #13 of 17 (permalink) Old 05-30-2008, 08:58 PM
7c Forever

heheheheheeheh, I remember him bitching that it was dragging the "front swingarm" coming thru the corkscrew at Laguna.

HAIL TO THE KING!!

post #14 of 17 (permalink) Old 05-31-2008, 01:30 AM
250 cc pilota.

Quote:
heheheheheeheh, I remember him bitching that it was dragging the "front swingarm" coming thru the corkscrew at Laguna.
They had problems with that but the picture is a later model where they had adressed the problem.

Quote:
the average one.

LOL ya, I miss the bizarre elf's with pipes sticking out over the riders shoulders too. I mean they never came too much, but points for LSD induced creativity and shittons of nose grinding work.

who the hell else was on those V-twins? god it's enough years ago now that I'm struggling to come up with the rest of the names, there was a small army of youngens on them tho, Honda expecting the "young blood" to be able to hold a candle to Mick, LMAO, like as if.
Fatsest on the V-twin, after Okada, was Haruchiki Aoki on the T.S.R. bike but then you had a bunch of privateers on them but none significant.

Last edited by Gustav O; 05-31-2008 at 01:30 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
post #15 of 17 (permalink) Old 05-31-2008, 12:40 PM

I hate to say it... but his current ride is Colin's best chance to show he can hang with these folks. I don't think he will be faster than Hopper on the Bridgestones.

That said, I am not sure he is looking to change rubber, and I don't think Poncharal is going to replace him unless they scoop someone like Dovizioso.

With the current set of event in the US series, I think that fire to return home is gone. Maybe WSBK... which is what I hope he does, cause then Bayliss may stay on more year, as he said he would.

Rewind to last year... there was a rumor that Hopper & Colin had talks about him coming over to Kawasaki, this time Bart is admiting there is interest n Colin... so who really knows.

And yeah... I have no desire in the Americans leaving the series. So this is indeed good news to me
post #16 of 17 (permalink) Old 05-31-2008, 12:59 PM
No Crying Allowed

I forgot all about the recent issues with the rules playing a part in this.... you are probably correct as I'm sure he doesn't want to race superstock.. lol

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

|
|
|
|
post #17 of 17 (permalink) Old 05-31-2008, 02:48 PM
7c Forever

Quote:
Fatsest on the V-twin, after Okada, was Haruchiki Aoki on the T.S.R. bike but then you had a bunch of privateers on them but none significant.
Man I'd forgotten all about the other Aoki, Nobby kinda overshadowed him. I remember that none where significat, Mick talked about wanting to switch to a twin a little bit if I remember right. I think that was just mindgames tho, 'cause if memory serves he talked about wanting to go to a twin 'cause it'd be easier to ride, and then that same season showed up on a screamer.

Makes me wonder how the rest of the field would compare if Mick was still around, or had been 10 years younger. Definitely a no-BS kinda guy, had that Australian temperment "I'm here to do my job and run this bike around the track as fast as I can, i don't care if I'm first or last, so long as I do the best that I can."

It's funny, I never liked him at the time, 'cause he was working for the evil empire, but I miss him now that he's gone. The series could stand some straight talking ass kicking.

HAIL TO THE KING!!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sport Bike Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode