Racing MotoGP, WSBK, BSB, AMA, F1, WRC, DTM, NASCAR, etc...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-31-2008, 01:04 PM Thread Starter
I dont inhale

pridmore to world superbike, wow

im not quite sure why he got the seat, but he is a hell of a guy and im happy for him. I will be a life long fan of his after the way he treated me at one of his star schools, straight up awsome guy

congrats to him

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-31-2008, 01:18 PM
No Crying Allowed

He is a great guy and I think he deserves it to be honest, you have to look as his career and then you can see it or at least I do, but I'm bias a little because is a Cali guy and often was at a few bike nights here a long time ago.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

|
|
|
|
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-31-2008, 01:23 PM
No Crying Allowed

Quote:
Jason Pridmore began the year with no serious prospects and a second year of unofficial retirement. Now he has three rides, one too many, with the announcement that he’d be joining the Alto Evolution Honda World Superbike team for the remainder of the 2008 season.
The official word came during an afternoon press conference at Miller Motorsports Park where he’ll make his WSB debut on Friday. Pridmore was joined by his manager, Michael Murphy, and Alto Evolution team manager Marco Nicotari. Pridmore was chosen to replace young Italian Luca Morelli, Nicotari said, not only for his riding, but also for his demeanor.

“We had other options and one time it doesn’t fit as a rider or this time as a person,” Nicotari said. “We care about it and we always care about a good environment inside of our garage. So I think Jason (Pridmore) is this person.”

Pridmore had just returned from the May 10 six-hour World Endurance race in Albacete, Spain when he got the news. It came in a two-day old text message that he read while on the customs line in the Atlanta airport. Because he already had a full schedule with his STAR Motorcycle Schools, and a commitment to the Maco Moto World Endurance team, Pridmore had to check his calendar for conflicts. Amazingly, there were none. And he soon opted out of any future rides in the AMA Superbike Championship.

“I’ve got all the jokes this morning already of people saying ‘Are you going to do some speedway, some dirt track, and everything else this year?” he said, “because I’ve been running around a bit.
“But I really enjoyed being back on a motorcycle. It’s changed me a little bit from where I was even last year. So, you know, I’m still going to do World Endurance, but my main focus now is strictly to Alto and try to get them where they need to be.”

Pridmore’s expectations are to get the team points. “That’s what I want to do for them right now. Because I think that once we get the ball rolling then the results will start to control themselves a little bit. I think that we need to gain more experience. I want to help my teammate (Shuhei Aoyama) as much as I can. He’s coming from a 250 background.

“It’s kind of right along the lines a lot of you have known me in the past. I kind of go to different teams and I try to help set them up better for the future, whether it was Attack (Suzuki) or Jordan (Suzuki) or whoever. I’m kind of in that role again here. But for me on a personal level, this is a lot bigger, because I’ve always wanted to race at this stage and just see where I’m at. I’ve read and watched these guys for so many years. My expectations right now is race by race and just finish where we can and try to get as much feedback and results…feedback as we can to the team and make the bikes better and make their program better. I think the program is already fantastic, as far as the level of professionalism, but now we just need to get the results that they need.”

As to whether he was nervous, he said that “nervous is probably the third or fourth word I would use. I’m anxious, I’m scared. I have a lot of confidence in my ability, but for those of you that know me I never really put myself up on a pedestal. I laughed when I heard they were going to do a press conference, those kind of things, just because I’ve always looked at myself as someone who gives everything I can into it, but now I’m kind of thrown to the wolves a bit and I totally accept and the challenge is there and I’m excited.”

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

|
|
|
|
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 06-01-2008, 09:57 AM

Awesome!!
Although on a personal note I am glad its not going to conflict with his school. I got plans to attend this year.
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 06-02-2008, 05:59 AM
250 cc pilota.

Judging from the Utah races he needs to step it up a notch to be competitive. nice to get more nationalities in to WSBKs though!

post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 06-02-2008, 09:43 AM
No Crying Allowed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gustav O View Post
Judging from the Utah races he needs to step it up a notch to be competitive. nice to get more nationalities in to WSBKs though!
New team, new bike, I think he did pretty well for his first time on the bike no?

|
|
|
|
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 06-02-2008, 11:20 AM
250 cc pilota.

Quote:
Originally Posted by R1LOVER View Post
New team, new bike, I think he did pretty well for his first time on the bike no?
He was one of few that had even seen the track. Come Misano and other weird places he will need to learn fast. I think he will do ok, though, the team isnīt the best either.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sport Bike Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode