Racing MotoGP, WSBK, BSB, AMA, F1, WRC, DTM, NASCAR, etc...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 24 (permalink) Old 06-06-2008, 04:11 PM Thread Starter
250 cc pilota.

MotoGP Silly Season 2009.

Silly Season starts earlier and earlier so lets have a Silly Season thread to keep track of all rumours and stuff.

First Rossi is said to have decided on two more years with Yamaha, according to Italian press. Italian press is as trustworthy as the Italaian mob so....

Kawasaki are rumoured to have a shopping list of Edwards, Dovizioso and Vermeueln.
Hayden in talks with Ducati and Capirossi staying with Suzuki while Spies gets Vermeuelns seat are other rumours.

IŽll update with all teams and contracted riders later...

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 24 (permalink) Old 06-06-2008, 06:16 PM

Is Hayden really in talks with Ducati?

I'd like to see Dovi @ kawi... Personally I want Spies to do a year of WSBK.... I read that Suzuki WSBK team wants him.
post #3 of 24 (permalink) Old 06-06-2008, 06:49 PM
Resident Redneck

Send a message via Skype™ to Biga
Quote:
Originally Posted by racerraul View Post
Is Hayden really in talks with Ducati?

Ya, he will be joining him @ the back

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 24 (permalink) Old 06-06-2008, 10:11 PM

If Hayden goes to Ducati, it'll be the end of his MotoGP career.
post #5 of 24 (permalink) Old 06-06-2008, 10:14 PM
7c Forever

same for Spies and Suzuki... over before it began. I hope he doesn't do it.

HAIL TO THE KING!!

post #6 of 24 (permalink) Old 06-06-2008, 10:28 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Junior View Post
same for Spies and Suzuki... over before it began. I hope he doesn't do it.
indeed that will be a huge mistake, only overshadowed by Hayden possibly going to Ducati

post #7 of 24 (permalink) Old 06-06-2008, 10:46 PM
No Crying Allowed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geggog View Post
If Hayden goes to Ducati, it'll be the end of his MotoGP career.
That was last year

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

|
|
|
|
post #8 of 24 (permalink) Old 06-06-2008, 11:45 PM

haha... although, the poor start to the season will be long forgotten if he comes good in the second half of the season.

if i were a betting man, i'd say it will come good too ... hayden's already proven to perform better with the pneumatic valved engine.
post #9 of 24 (permalink) Old 06-07-2008, 01:14 AM
No Crying Allowed

Ya I like him to be honest.. he is just easy to pick on sometimes. I would love to see him on top....

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

|
|
|
|
post #10 of 24 (permalink) Old 06-07-2008, 04:20 AM Thread Starter
250 cc pilota.

Apparently Jorge "Aspar" Martinez have had or is going to have a meeting with Lin Jarvis investigating the possibilities to run a fifth works Yamaha for Bautista in 2009.
That would be great but is quite unlikely considering the fact that Tech 3 sign for works bikes until 2011. I hope that Yamaha will field a fifth bike and up the ante one more notch.
Bautista of course his choice of rider, thsi could possibly open up some room for Spies as well.

post #11 of 24 (permalink) Old 06-07-2008, 11:01 AM
PCP

I heard that Biga will be piloting a Harley entry in '09
post #12 of 24 (permalink) Old 06-07-2008, 12:49 PM
7c Forever

hah, what a dream team it'd be if Gresini switched to works Yamaha's, fielding Spies and Bati.

HAIL TO THE KING!!

post #13 of 24 (permalink) Old 06-07-2008, 05:34 PM

I would think it's only a matter of time before the Honda starts taking some fairly significant steps forward in terms of bike development.
post #14 of 24 (permalink) Old 06-07-2008, 06:22 PM
7c Forever

that's what I said all season last year.

to be honest I'm starting to think that without Burgess to keep 'em from overthinking stuff they're up shit creek.

HAIL TO THE KING!!

post #15 of 24 (permalink) Old 06-08-2008, 05:11 PM

Kallio to Motogp plox, fuck ktm.
post #16 of 24 (permalink) Old 06-09-2008, 12:39 AM Thread Starter
250 cc pilota.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ffwf View Post
Kallio to Motogp plox, fuck ktm.
Rumour or wishful thinking?
I have a hard time finding a seat for kallio in MotoGP for 2009.
Aprilia are rumoured to get involved again so a few more seats will be available but Kallio on an Aprilia?

post #17 of 24 (permalink) Old 06-09-2008, 12:53 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by PCP View Post
I heard that Biga will be piloting a Harley entry in '09
Cross Bones with the "I love Stoner" sticker graphics!
love it

post #18 of 24 (permalink) Old 06-09-2008, 01:58 AM
7c Forever

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gustav O View Post
Rumour or wishful thinking?
I have a hard time finding a seat for kallio in MotoGP for 2009.
Aprilia are rumoured to get involved again so a few more seats will be available but Kallio on an Aprilia?
gotta call wishfull thinking.

wrong passport to get an 800 seat without atleast a 250 championship or 2 under his belt.

He's shoe in on this one, but it's hard to say, you never know with 250's and there's been a lot of wet/mixed weather races this year where the reed valved KTM has had mega-advantage.

gotta wonder when Aprilia are gonna get with the program and ditch the rotary valves, those are out of vogue 20 years ago.

HAIL TO THE KING!!

post #19 of 24 (permalink) Old 06-09-2008, 03:32 AM Thread Starter
250 cc pilota.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Junior View Post
gotta call wishfull thinking.

wrong passport to get an 800 seat without atleast a 250 championship or 2 under his belt.

He's shoe in on this one, but it's hard to say, you never know with 250's and there's been a lot of wet/mixed weather races this year where the reed valved KTM has had mega-advantage.

gotta wonder when Aprilia are gonna get with the program and ditch the rotary valves, those are out of vogue 20 years ago.
Judging by the jump out of the corner and the speed down the straights that they get it running pretty good. With RSA the seem to be able to get even more power out of the engine.

post #20 of 24 (permalink) Old 06-09-2008, 04:27 AM
7c Forever

RSA?

ya the disc valves can make some tremendous jam so long as conditions are exactly what you're set-up for, but off the pipe, low air pressure, high humidity all have a lot of effect. It's all a trade off tho, and given the background I come from it's pretty clear that I'll favour reeds.

but that's neither here nor there, KTM have definitely given Mikka a bike that's made his life easy so far in the championship. I don't see him coming into 800gp on an Aprilia tho. But hey, who'd have guess Ken Roberts and Honda would team up?

HAIL TO THE KING!!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sport Bike Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode