Racing MotoGP, WSBK, BSB, AMA, F1, WRC, DTM, NASCAR, etc...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 13 (permalink) Old 06-07-2008, 01:25 PM Thread Starter
7c Forever

Elkhart Lake AMA thread ***SPOILERS***

***SPOILERS***
***SPOILERS***
***SPOILERS***

so Spies had a crash in qualifying, put a "deep" hole in his chin, slapped a bandaid on it and finished the session by getting the pole. Apparently 6 stitches to get his chin patched up.

1. Speez
2. Mladin
3. E.Boz
4. Hacker
5. Hodgepodge

there's talk of it raining bad tomorrow. Personally I think that gives Mladin an edge, but I lost my hair last week betting against Spies, so I'm not keen to do it again. i've also heard mumblings about Hacker being "a rain god." but I don't think it'll be enough.

rumours in the paddock that Suzuki won't support Yosh in AMA next year 'cause of the new rules. Mel Harris has commented that it's possible but didn't confirm the rumour, saying that forsure they won't be running Daytona Superbike, but Literbike is a possibility.

Silly season is in full swing.

HAIL TO THE KING!!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 13 (permalink) Old 06-07-2008, 02:02 PM
Ask the Chief

Silly season is going to be even worse this year, since we don't even know if some manufacturers will be running the classes. This off season is going to be REAL interesting....

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 13 (permalink) Old 06-07-2008, 04:08 PM Thread Starter
7c Forever

Race 1 results:
Spoiler:

1. Spies
2. Mat
3. Hacker
4. Hodgepodge
5. The Mig17

Apparently Mladin got the holeshot, Spies got by him a couple laps in and Mat had nothing to answer with. Spies is up 45 points in the championship as of now.

HAIL TO THE KING!!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 13 (permalink) Old 06-07-2008, 05:17 PM
No Crying Allowed

Go Ben.....

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

|
|
|
|
post #5 of 13 (permalink) Old 06-07-2008, 05:22 PM Thread Starter
7c Forever

you said it. He's on route to making it a 3rd straight dominant championship over Mladin. Nick got the 1 but I'd hardly call it dominant. I just hope Spies doesn't get suckered into the suzuki gp bike, what a shame that'd be.

HAIL TO THE KING!!

post #6 of 13 (permalink) Old 06-07-2008, 08:16 PM
Gang Green

Well at least Hacker is consistantly the "best of the rest", good that Kawi is "sort of" winning somewhere this year.

post #7 of 13 (permalink) Old 06-08-2008, 06:25 PM Thread Starter
7c Forever

Race 2:
Spoiler:

1. Mladin
2. Spies
3. Hacking
4. Hodgeson
5. Bostrom
6. DuHammel
7. May
8. Yates
9. A. Seeley <anybody know who this guy is?
10. Peris

Rapp disqualified from supersport for running a cut slick.

This new tech inspector is kinda pissing me off

HAIL TO THE KING!!

Last edited by Junior; 06-08-2008 at 06:25 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
post #8 of 13 (permalink) Old 06-08-2008, 09:44 PM
PCP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Junior View Post
you said it. He's on route to making it a 3rd straight dominant championship over Mladin. Nick got the 1 but I'd hardly call it dominant. I just hope Spies doesn't get suckered into the suzuki gp bike, what a shame that'd be.
I wouldn't go as far as saying DOMINANT championship over Mladin, seeing as 06 he beat him by 8 points and 07 by 1 point. But he still won, yes.

I am a Mladin fan obviously, but I am glad to see that even though Ben has won, it has been close all the way until the end. Hopefully this year it will be the same regardless of who comes out on top.
post #9 of 13 (permalink) Old 06-08-2008, 09:46 PM Thread Starter
7c Forever

ok ya dominant is a stretch, but it's not Nick Haydens "I won while Mat was in the hospital" by any means either.

HAIL TO THE KING!!

post #10 of 13 (permalink) Old 06-08-2008, 09:55 PM
PCP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Junior View Post
ok ya dominant is a stretch, but it's not Nick Haydens "I won while Mat was in the hospital" by any means either.
Very true. I just didn't like the "dominant" part. I'm a little tender with the Mladin/Spies thing because I always run into people who say that Mladin got "owned" by spies, when in reality it wasn't a large points deficit by any means. Either way it's a win and whatever happens is fair game but if Mladin wouldn't have went down in Daytona last year Ben would have been screwed, but then again it could have made him push that much harder the rest of the year. Who knows. I've been a Mladin fan since the old days, So I'm just sticking with what I know.

Either way I like Spies as well, he's a VERY talented rider and I like to see him do well. It just sucks that he's beating the guy I'm pulling for. As soon as Mladin retires I'll be another Spies fan as well.
post #11 of 13 (permalink) Old 06-09-2008, 12:43 AM
250 cc pilota.

Northern Ireland's Alastair Seeley? Pretty decent "Real" road racer and Irishman. I guess he is racing for Celtic Racing?

post #12 of 13 (permalink) Old 06-09-2008, 01:55 AM Thread Starter
7c Forever

hmmm, I've not heard of him. there wasn't any data on him there.

That's a hell of a placing for a real road race guy tho. Generally they don't transition well into closed course.

I'm also semi-impressed with Peris, he's from cowtown (Calgary) he was rookie of the year up here a couple of years ago and then disappeared off my radar, turns out he was running world supersport, which I don't follow, apparently he put on a good show at Calabogie tho. Seems to be a mean young gun but pretty hot headed still. I'll be anxious to see him and McCormick going at it at the next couple of caker nationals. The next Canadian national is actually at Peris' hometrack, will be interesting to see if he's got it there. Mig is getting old, we need someone else to get out there and be the token flappy head.

hey what happened to my smiley? :Jr

HAIL TO THE KING!!

post #13 of 13 (permalink) Old 06-09-2008, 07:58 AM Thread Starter
7c Forever

so I just realized that Ben just broke the record for most consecutive wins.

HAIL TO THE KING!!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sport Bike Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode