Racing MotoGP, WSBK, BSB, AMA, F1, WRC, DTM, NASCAR, etc...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 104 (permalink) Old 06-23-2008, 06:57 AM Thread Starter

MotoGP >> Stoner slams British GP fans

From here: http://www.crash.net/motorsport/moto...h_gp_fans.html

Quote:
Casey Stoner hits out after being booed at the British Grand Prix for the second year in succession.

MotoGP world champion Casey Stoner has slammed some elements of the British Grand Prix crowd after being booed on the podium and 'abused' during the slow down lap.

Stoner cruised to his second Donington Park victory in a row during Sunday's 30 lap race, after which many of the 90,000 fans present invaded the track and gathered under the podium.

It was then that the Ducati Marlboro star, who had also been booed at the 2007 event, once again found himself on the receiving end of some unsporting behaviour - while second placed Valentino Rossi received a hero's welcome.

"I had it last year when I won as well. On my slowing down lap I was getting loads of abuse," the Press Association reports Stoner as saying.

"What do people want? Are they here to even watch bike racing or are they here to abuse people?

"It's not the way to behave at a racetrack at all but it won't stop me from winning.

"It's good to see a big crowd everywhere we go but not if they're here for the wrong reasons," he declared.

Stoner, who raced in the UK before getting his grand prix break, added that he didn't know 'what he needed to do to win the crowd over'.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 104 (permalink) Old 06-23-2008, 07:00 AM

I like this comment on crash.net...

Quote:
Does he think nobody else has ever been booed cause Rossi has had more than anyone but you think he uses it as an excuse not to turn up at a charity event.. You will always get morons who will boo, the trick is to win them over....he hasn't go it I'm afraid end of....
post #3 of 104 (permalink) Old 06-23-2008, 07:09 AM Thread Starter

The majority of the comments call it as it is ... very poor:

http://www.crash.net/motorsport/moto...tish_fans.html
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 104 (permalink) Old 06-23-2008, 07:13 AM

Don't sweat over it Geggog, the article title is quite misleading anyway.
post #5 of 104 (permalink) Old 06-23-2008, 07:22 AM Thread Starter

Agreed.

From the smelly one himself:
Quote:

"Being a fan of somebody is to supporting him not to deride the others. Personnaly, if you are my fan couse you hate others I don't want you to be my fan"
post #6 of 104 (permalink) Old 06-23-2008, 07:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geggog View Post
Agreed.

From the smelly one himself:
Yep, totally agree.

P.S. You forgot to mention that the statement is from The Doctor himself.
post #7 of 104 (permalink) Old 06-23-2008, 07:39 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by valerossi View Post
P.S. You forgot to mention that the statement is from The Doctor himself.
No I didn't.
post #8 of 104 (permalink) Old 06-23-2008, 08:06 AM

I for 1 am happy to see Stoner do well... I want to see more riders do the same, as Pedrosa & Jorge have...

It's good for racing...
post #9 of 104 (permalink) Old 06-23-2008, 09:29 AM
Abusin' the scooter

Send a message via Skype™ to Yamahuh
They're just upset 'cos they've got to go home to their fat, lard assed wives while Casey will be om-nom-noming his hot little teen honey. What is she, 19?

Its really hard to take an angry man seriously when hes wearing a bathrobe. - Carl Fogarty

Last edited by Yamahuh; 06-23-2008 at 09:37 AM.
post #10 of 104 (permalink) Old 06-23-2008, 09:36 AM
Abusin' the scooter

Mrs. Stoner
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Mrs stoner.jpg (99.3 KB, 28 views)

Its really hard to take an angry man seriously when hes wearing a bathrobe. - Carl Fogarty
post #11 of 104 (permalink) Old 06-23-2008, 09:41 AM
Abusin' the scooter

or .....
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Lard ass.jpg (124.3 KB, 4 views)

post #12 of 104 (permalink) Old 06-23-2008, 10:37 AM
7c Forever

he's not wrong, it's BS to get booed for winning a race.

HAIL TO THE KING!!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #13 of 104 (permalink) Old 06-23-2008, 10:52 AM
No Crying Allowed

it's part of racing and being in front of 90k people, does he really think all 90k will be his supporters? Get over it and be better then the ones booing... keep your head high and win them over in time. Part of the reason for the boo's is his attitude when he looses. He acts no different then the booers are when he pouts.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

|
|
|
|
post #14 of 104 (permalink) Old 06-23-2008, 11:17 AM

Didn't Rossi's motorhome get smeared with graffiti at some recent British GP? I think it was because some dude didn't get an autograph right before Rossi was about to enter the pitbox before the race...:
post #15 of 104 (permalink) Old 06-23-2008, 03:42 PM
Mat

I love how the British still can't handle win the Aussies beat them at something..
post #16 of 104 (permalink) Old 06-23-2008, 04:04 PM
250 cc pilota.

Quote:
Originally Posted by R1LOVER View Post
it's part of racing and being in front of 90k people, does he really think all 90k will be his supporters? Get over it and be better then the ones booing... keep your head high and win them over in time. Part of the reason for the boo's is his attitude when he looses. He acts no different then the booers are when he pouts.
Im with you on this. Why does he even bother? this and some interviews that I have read makes him com eacross as so bitter and craving for everyones recognition. This is one reason he will never be as popular as Rossi.

post #17 of 104 (permalink) Old 06-23-2008, 04:25 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gustav O View Post
Im with you on this. Why does he even bother? this and some interviews that I have read makes him com eacross as so bitter and craving for everyones recognition. This is one reason he will never be as popular as Rossi.
He'll never be as popular as Rossi because he doesn't play up with post race antics etc.
post #18 of 104 (permalink) Old 06-23-2008, 04:30 PM
No Crying Allowed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geggog View Post
He'll never be as popular as Rossi because he doesn't play up with post race antics etc.
Rossi has fun with his job... weather he is winning or loosing he always smiles for the camera and always playing jokes with his crew and people around him. His expressions of his his fun are also laid out for all to see with his helmets and other things he does.

While some riders always have that serious pissed off look unless things are going well. I can pull several videos of Rossi doing poorly and having a great positive attitude, this is another reason he has such a strong fan base.

And the we have the above....

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

|
|
|
|
post #19 of 104 (permalink) Old 06-23-2008, 04:57 PM
PCP

I think people should stop reporting such garbage and actually give us more stuff about the bikes etc. This shit is stupid to read and or hear IMO.
post #20 of 104 (permalink) Old 06-23-2008, 07:36 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by R1LOVER View Post
Rossi has fun with his job... weather he is winning or loosing he always smiles for the camera and always playing jokes with his crew and people around him. His expressions of his his fun are also laid out for all to see with his helmets and other things he does.

While some riders always have that serious pissed off look unless things are going well. I can pull several videos of Rossi doing poorly and having a great positive attitude, this is another reason he has such a strong fan base.

And the we have the above....
Does this make Casey less of a person because he doesn't play the jokster? Or simply less appealing to the masses?

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sport Bike Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode