Racing MotoGP, WSBK, BSB, AMA, F1, WRC, DTM, NASCAR, etc...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 112 (permalink) Old 06-25-2008, 01:21 PM Thread Starter
250 cc pilota.

The Assen thread, will contain spoilers.

So what is up with the GP threads on this forum? Seems like I have to start them all.

Anyway. Assen is coming up and I will be going racing myself! Two days of racing on saturday and sunday. The old stroker is revving like never before with new postons and top ends. I am ready to go and not crash.
This makes it hard for me to post but thursdaya and friday practice will be reported and I will see the race on Saturday if I donīt have to fix my own bike.
With all proposals for the 250 class to be doing itīs swansong I am even more determind to keep the bike and spread the lovely sound of a GP two stroke at full revs and moderate lean angles.

The big boys are going to Assen and Rossi territory. With last years very impressive win in mind I really hope that Rossi will hand all the young guns a good old can of wopp ass. Stoners computer wizards have found something extra after Catalunya but will that be enough to conquer the golden right wrist of Rossis? Who knows but we will find out I guess. I predict the same four riders battling it out as before. Rossi, Stoner, Pedrosa and Lorwnshow will show the rest of the pack why they are teh best. Dovi will once again show why he should be dressed in orange and blue while Hayden will slide and talk cool but end up midpack. West will back to old habits and dicing with Melandri for some crumbs from the kingsīs table.

Let the racing begin, mine and the GP boys!

Of course I will try to keep you posted on my crappy riding and results.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by Gustav O; 06-25-2008 at 01:21 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 112 (permalink) Old 06-25-2008, 01:46 PM
PCP

Good luck with your own racing, as far as GP I'm hoping Rossi schools them all as well. It's good to see him getting back to himself somewhat. Capirossi is back for this round, although that is good I was hoping to see Spies get some more seat time before the US rounds.

I want to see Lorenzo put it all back together, we all know he has the talent so I hope he can get his mental aspect of it back together and get back out there and battle up front. Pedrosa is definitely strong as hell this season so it's nice to see a good fight up front even though I'm not a fan of him.
post #3 of 112 (permalink) Old 06-25-2008, 06:43 PM
Ask the Chief

Starting race threads goes in cycles. Seems like someone new takes over the job about every 6 months or so. Rhett started it, then R1Biker, Biga and I all cycled thru the job. Tillbury does a good job, and so do you.

Thanks

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 112 (permalink) Old 06-25-2008, 07:32 PM

Going with Stoner on this one... And no Biga did not make room for me on his bus, kthxbye!

Stoners last race showed that he is still has the pace... If he has that bike sorted again I want to see a battle till the end. Specially with Rossi, cause that is the race everyone is waiting for.

Hoping for a Hayden or Edwards podium here... both are due and seem to have found some pace of late... Hayden will have to hope his bike not only finishes again, but gets better over race distance.
post #5 of 112 (permalink) Old 06-26-2008, 03:44 AM

Assen: Free practice times (1).

Thursday, 26th June 2008

Full free practice times (1) from the Dutch TT at Assen, round nine of the 2008 MotoGP World Championship.

1. Casey Stoner AUS Ducati Marlboro Team (B) 1min 36.569 secs
2. Nicky Hayden USA Repsol Honda Team (M) 1min 37.186 secs
3. Dani Pedrosa SPA Repsol Honda Team (M) 1min 37.398 secs
4. Colin Edwards USA Tech 3 Yamaha (M) 1min 37.437 secs
5. Alex de Angelis RSM San Carlo Honda Gresini (B) 1min 37.470 secs
6. Valentino Rossi ITA Fiat Yamaha Team (B) 1min 37.480 secs
7. Andrea Dovizioso ITA JiR Team Scot MotoGP (M) 1min 37.507 secs
8. John Hopkins USA Kawasaki Racing Team (B) 1min 37.652 secs
9. Shinya Nakano JPN San Carlo Honda Gresini (B) 1min 37.821 secs
10. Randy de Puniet FRA LCR Honda MotoGP (M) 1min 37.951 secs
11. Jorge Lorenzo SPA Fiat Yamaha Team (M) 1min 37.987 secs
12. Loris Capirossi ITA Rizla Suzuki MotoGP (B) 1min 38.082 secs
13. James Toseland GBR Tech 3 Yamaha (M) 1min 38.198 secs
14. Chris Vermeulen AUS Rizla Suzuki MotoGP (B) 1min 38.341 secs
15. Sylvain Guintoli FRA Alice Team (B) 1min 38.435 secs
16. Anthony West AUS Kawasaki Racing Team (B) 1min 38.768 secs
17. Marco Melandri ITA Ducati Marlboro Team (B) 1min 39.020 secs
18. Toni Elias SPA Alice Team (B) 1min 39.805 secs

2007 Dutch TT - 30/06/2007:
Pole position: Chris Vermeulen AUS Rizla Suzuki (B) 1min 48.555secs (wet)
Fastest lap: Valentino Rossi ITA Fiat Yamaha (M) 1min 37.433secs
post #6 of 112 (permalink) Old 06-26-2008, 03:50 AM
Ask the Chief

Hmmm...looks like Capi is running Ben's times...

Ant West back where he belongs.

Nicky strong again, but.....

Stoner is over a HALF SECOND faster than second place? Welcome to last year. Rossi better start worrying....

post #7 of 112 (permalink) Old 06-26-2008, 03:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Firehawk View Post
Stoner is over a HALF SECOND faster than second place? Welcome to last year. Rossi better start worrying....
Rossi won Assen last year, from 11th on the starting grid and won by 1.9 sec!
post #8 of 112 (permalink) Old 06-26-2008, 04:25 AM
Team America Support Crew

Send a message via Yahoo to Warp Racer
Talking

Quote:
Starting race threads goes in cycles. Seems like someone new takes over the job about every 6 months or so. Rhett started it, then R1Biker, Biga and I all cycled thru the job. Tillbury does a good job, and so do you.

Thanks
Yep, I whore about the TT and the odd WSBK input

ONCE YOU'VE HAD ASIAN, YOU WILL NEVER TOUCH CAUCASIAN

OLD AGE AND TREACHERY WILL ALWAYS OVERCOME YOUTH AND ENTHUSIASM
post #9 of 112 (permalink) Old 06-26-2008, 04:27 AM

Quote:
Hmmm...looks like Capi is running Ben's times...

Ant West back where he belongs.

Nicky strong again, but.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by valerossi View Post

Mark, I'll raise you and Val I'll call....definitely going to be a showdown

post #10 of 112 (permalink) Old 06-26-2008, 08:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warp Racer View Post
Mark, I'll raise you and Val I'll call....definitely going to be a showdown
You raised, but haven't pick side yet...

Assen: Free practice times (2).

Thursday, 26th June 2008

Full free practice times (2) from the Dutch TT at Assen, round nine of the 2008 MotoGP World Championship.

Marco Melandri and the injured Loris Capirossi, who fell hard during the afternoon session, were the only riders to lap slower than this morning...

1. Casey Stoner AUS Ducati Marlboro Team (B) 1min 36.087 secs
2. Valentino Rossi ITA Fiat Yamaha Team (B) 1min 36.819 secs
3. Colin Edwards USA Tech 3 Yamaha (M) 1min 36.931 secs
4. Nicky Hayden USA Repsol Honda Team (M) 1min 37.012 secs
5. Alex de Angelis RSM San Carlo Honda Gresini (B) 1min 37.126 secs
6. Shinya Nakano JPN San Carlo Honda Gresini (B) 1min 37.137 secs
7. Randy de Puniet FRA LCR Honda MotoGP (M) 1min 37.187 secs
8. John Hopkins USA Kawasaki Racing Team (B) 1min 37.251 secs
9. Dani Pedrosa SPA Repsol Honda Team (M) 1min 37.280 secs
10. Chris Vermeulen AUS Rizla Suzuki MotoGP (B) 1min 37.282 secs
11. Andrea Dovizioso ITA JiR Team Scot MotoGP (M) 1min 37.326 secs
12. Sylvain Guintoli FRA Alice Team (B) 1min 37.357 secs
13. James Toseland GBR Tech 3 Yamaha (M) 1min 37.838 secs
14. Jorge Lorenzo SPA Fiat Yamaha Team (M) 1min 37.960 secs
15. Anthony West AUS Kawasaki Racing Team (B) 1min 38.413 secs
16. Toni Elias SPA Alice Team (B) 1min 38.656 secs
17. Loris Capirossi ITA Rizla Suzuki MotoGP (B) 1min 38.667 secs
18. Marco Melandri ITA Ducati Marlboro Team (B) 1min 39.214 secs

2007 Dutch TT - 30/06/2007:
Pole position: Chris Vermeulen AUS Rizla Suzuki (B) 1min 48.555secs (wet)
Fastest lap: Valentino Rossi ITA Fiat Yamaha (M) 1min 37.433secs
post #11 of 112 (permalink) Old 06-26-2008, 08:03 AM

Quote:
You raised, but haven't pick side yet...

I am the unbiased third party

post #12 of 112 (permalink) Old 06-26-2008, 08:16 AM

Quote:
I am the unbiased third party
Not according to your sig...
post #13 of 112 (permalink) Old 06-26-2008, 08:22 AM

Talking

Quote:
Not according to your sig...

post #14 of 112 (permalink) Old 06-26-2008, 09:07 AM
No Crying Allowed

Vale is waiting for Q before showing his cards!

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

|
|
|
|
post #15 of 112 (permalink) Old 06-26-2008, 09:16 AM
Ask the Chief

Quote:
I didn't mean just Assen...I meant Stoner's domination last year.

post #16 of 112 (permalink) Old 06-26-2008, 09:18 AM
Ask the Chief

Quote:
Yep, I whore about the TT and the odd WSBK input
Definitely the TT....didn't mean to exculde you on that

That TT picture thread is still one of my most favorite threads on the forum.

post #17 of 112 (permalink) Old 06-26-2008, 09:24 AM

Quote:
Definitely the TT....didn't mean to exculde you on that

That TT picture thread is still one of my most favorite threads on the forum.
I like all the threads, I just mentioned my partial racing whoring

post #18 of 112 (permalink) Old 06-26-2008, 10:27 AM

By the way, seems like Stoner's GP8 has installed Service Pack 3...

I agree with this comment on crash.net...

Quote:
Stoner said himself that the software upgrades to the Ducati TC have enabled him return to 2007 form. (Yes he's riding the bike brilliantly, but he did say this comment at Donnington)..which he went on to dominate.

If Stoner himself says it, why all the thumbs down when people say it's not TC helping stoner? Stoner is the king at using TC, at trusting TC. We non Stoner fans accept this. What he does with a computer controlled machine, is amazing.
post #19 of 112 (permalink) Old 06-26-2008, 11:12 AM
Resident Redneck

Send a message via Skype™ to Biga
Go STONER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

post #20 of 112 (permalink) Old 06-26-2008, 11:24 AM

Capirossi out of Assen, no Spies.

Thursday, 26th June 2008

Loris Capirossi withdraws from Dutch TT after falling during Thursday practice at Assen - will not be replaced by Ben Spies.

A further right arm injury has forced Loris Capirossi to abandon his MotoGP return at this weekend's Dutch TT at Assen.

Capirossi was making his comeback at Assen following a hand injury sustained at Catalunya earlier this month - and set the 12th quickest time in this morning's first free practice session - but suffered a fast highside from his GSV-R early in the afternoon hour.

After hitting the asphalt, Capirossi's bike rolled over the top of him, trapping his right forearm and causing a deep wound. Capirossi was immediately taken to the medical centre and operated on. He will now rest the injury and will not take any further part in this weekend's event.

"After this morning's practice I was quite happy, because my hand was working well and there was no pain. I felt that I was riding quite well and settling back into things," began Loris. "In the afternoon I came in and put on a new tyre and the first lap out it felt quite good, but when I changed down from sixth to fourth gear and leaned on the left side I lost control and the bike jumped me out of the seat.

"The problem was that when I crashed the bike came on top of me and I get this hole in my arm. It was not easy when that happened, but I know I have great support all around me from many people. I will now work to get myself 100% right and jump back on the bike as soon as possible!" he added.

"Loris knew it wouldn't be easy to come back after 17 days since he broke his hand, but he immediately justified his decision to be here by being able to ride at a decent speed, to supply good feedback and know where we were heading over the weekend," said team manager Paul Denning.

"I think it is necessary to make it clear that the crash was nothing to do with his recent hand injury and it was just one of those things that happens in racing," insisted Denning. "He was lucky that he didn't break anything or cause more damage to the original injury, because it is a really fast place to crash. Unfortunately the bike got on top of him and ripped a sizeable piece of flesh from his right forearm.

"Dr Costa and his team performed an operation to close and stabilise the wound and Loris will now start his recuperation to get himself fit again – for sure [in time for the] Sachsenring in two weeks time!"

Double AMA Champion Ben Spies - who delivered a highly promising MotoGP debut in place of Capirossi last weekend at Donington Park - is present at Assen but, for reasons yet to be made clear, will not replace Capirossi.

Meanwhile, Capirossi's team-mate Chris Vermeulen set the tenth fastest time on the sole remaining GSV-R.

"It's been not too bad on the whole today," said the 2007 Assen pole sitter. "We had a bit of a problem this morning with some engine settings on the bike and it made it quite difficult to ride. The technicians worked hard to correct it and they even got some information from the factory in Japan to help us and together we were able to overcome the problem."

"Apart from Casey Stoner all the riders are really close at the moment and we feel confident that Chris and the GSV-R have got quite a lot to give over the rest of the weekend!" said Denning.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sport Bike Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode